Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

As you prob know i am fairly new to you all as i havent been on here in an age! I have been doing my best to read and read and read to catch up on everyone but so many on here i am lost! I would be similar to those of you in the DEC-FEB thread but i was hoping this thread would perhaps be of an interest to those currently on their 2ww together? (So it probably wont last longer than a few weeks!)

So for any other 2ww'rs-

I had my ET Thurs 3rd March at RFC.
Test Date - St Patricks Day
So currently 7dpt (if day 1 day after ET)

No symptoms at all except that yesterday i started getting AF type pains  ^eyes^  Not cramps but def similar pains as if AF coming  :'(
Hoping against the odds that these pains mean nothing. x

Hoping there are some out there to join me on this thread for a little while  ^hugme^ aswell as obviously remaining on all the others with the DF's you have made.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi Tearful - i hope your FF name does not came true this time round for you.  I have just returned from Reprofit and on 2ww, test day 21 March (day i return to work!).  Bit sore but I put this down to 15 hours travel with toddler in toe.

Hopefully the cramp feelings you have is good sign. 

Did you have 3 or 5 day transfer?  Are you managing to keep sane during the 2 ww's? 

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bron ^daisy^

I had a day 3 transfer. I thought i was doing ok and then last night because these pains started i had a bit of a breakdown. Cried that much my eyelids swollen today! ^eyes^

Nice to have someone along on this thread. You're testing 4 days after me so are you now 3dpt? Where is Reprofit? What made you go there? Was yours a day 2 or 3 transfer?

'toddler in toe' - ivf ??

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi Girls

I'm going to join you too.

I had 2 day 5 blasts transferred on Tuesday so i'm 2dp5dt and my OTD is the 18th.  This is my 3rd fresh ivf - as you can see from my signature i've had a complicated life up to now so praying with all my might that our luck changes this time round.

Can't imagine 15 hours travel with a small child could've been easy Bron, you must be wrecked!!

Very hard to know either way Tearful as early pg symptoms are so like af symptoms, all you can do is wait it out and hope. 

Ermi

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Can I join too please.
I had et 2 day two 4 cell on march 3rd so my test date is 17th.
Trying so hard not to focus on it and keep busy without overdoing it but you know what it's like...
Have had a few aches and pains like af is on her way and my boobs are sooooo sore but they get like that before Af is due so who knows.
So hard not to go and buy a first response pt.... Must resist.....

nikki

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ermi  ^daisy^ 

Welcome aboard! You're testing day after me  ^hugme^ . I'm praying St Patrick brings me some luck this time round  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

What clinic where you in then? Although your 2ww may seem shorter to some i'm sure its not as you still had to wait the extra 2 days for your wee embies to become super blasts! ;D Do they grade blastocysts then or how does that work?

^fairydust^  for you and Bron xx

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi Nikki - hope those signs are all good  ^pray^ ^pray^

Tearful i'm in the republic and with SIMS clinic there.  Yeah they grade blasts too but differently from 1-6 and from AA to CC, 1 being poor and 6 being a hatching blast (normally happens on day 6). The letters are for the quality of the two components of the blast.  So my two were 5AA, which is what you'd expect for day 5.  Some clinics transfer blasts on day 6 and that's where you'd see the hatching category.

Good luck to us all and hopefully St Patrick will be watching over us  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi NiKki  ^daisy^

Welcome aboard! I dont feel sooo alone anymore  ^hugme^

Testing same day as me chick! spin

I was doing well even despite DH eldest daughter on holiday staying with us and she's very pregnant! But i caved last night. Emotional wreck!
Feeling a little better having been reading FF all morning! It seems some people have had AF type pains and gone on to BFP's!
Just sooo hard as last 2 times i had pains too and got BFN :'( :'(

Hoping its third time lucky.
Sending you  ^fairydust^ too. xx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ermi

So looks like i was right - your 2 little ones are super blasts  ;D
Do Sims always do Blast transfers? I met a guy representing them at the Fertility Day here in Nov. He gave us a card for a free consultation should we need it.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  that we dont.xx

·
Registered
860 Posts
Its such an emotional rollercoaster Tearful and there are bound to be days when you just feel awful, let the tears out when they come - a release is always helpful.

Its really up to you and your doc whether or not you go to blast.  For me i was with a different clinic on my first cycle (Clane) got 4 blasts from 5 embies and had a chemical pg and then a bfn from the fet.  Then found out i've auto immune issues that effect implantation so moved to Sims as they're the only ones in the republic that treat ai issues.  Also discovered i've a low amh so have a small number of eggies.  Cycle before christmas was a disaster and only got 2 embies from 4 eggs and transfered a 4 cell and a 12 cell on day 3 - don't think quality was great and got a bfn.

So this time doc wanted to ensure quality was good so we decided regardless on the number of embies that we'd go to blast.  We had 3 fertilise from 4 and 2 of those made blast so feel that our chances are that much greater this time round as at least we know they have the quality iykwim.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have had a rough ride Ermi.  ^hugme^  How did they discover you have auto immune issues? I often wonder is there something wrong with me why my wee embies dont implant. RFC are pretty limited i think on tests for various other options even when you pay for private. Heaven forbid this go dosent work for us then we want to try elsewhere. But  ^pray^ ^pray^  that wont have to. My credit cards are already maxed  ^eyes^

1st time i had a 6cell and a 3 cell both grade B.
2nd time i had 2 5cell grade B.
This time i have a 6cell grade3 and 4cell grade4 (RFC changed their grading from letters to numbers- confusing)

Praying  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  that for everyone of us on this current 2ww thread its a whole picture book full of BFP's!!!!  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hopefully its 3rd time lucky for you pet.  You're lucky in that you get some treatment paid for - down here its all private and bloody expensive!!

Well i just knew something had changed -  we were originally diagnosed as 'unexplained' and got pg relatively easily through iui.  The first was a missed mc at 10 weeks and the 2nd successful resulted in my ds in June 09, unfortunately as you can see below he died when he was exactly a month old from a very rare condition (4th in the world) that we were unaware of before he was born.

So when we went back to tx and iui wasn't working and then the chemical pg with my 1st ivf it really prompted some questions in my head.  Got level 1 immunes done through my gp and showed i've anti thyroid antibodies, which are proven to effect implantation.  So was referred to an endocrinologist and am meds for life for my thyroid - despite having no symptoms!! But at least i know now why treatment wasn't working and need extra meds - steriods, clexane, aspirin and intralipids to be in with a chance of tx working.

So just hoping and praying with the blasts this time and the immune treatment that we're in with a fighting chance  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^hugme^  Ermi, I cant imagine the pain you went through loosing your beautiful son x  ^angel^ He'll be up there gasing away to your future bambinos telling them what great parents they are going to have  ^hugme^

How is everyone else doing today? I'm still having a few AF type pains and i am still a little concerned but the stories that the girls have given me on my HELP thread have definetly picked me up. I dont feel quite as low as i did the other night. Still hard with DH family here at minute but despite the pregnant bump that i see every where i look (his eldest daughter is pregnant) i guess if i try to think  ^reiki^  then they are certainly helping the 2ww go in a bit quicker, as we've had to do the touristy stuff  :) . 8dpt today - 6 more sleeps to go  :eek: ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
697 Posts
Afternoon ladies how's everyone doing?

Ermi – did you have any left for freezing?  How you coping with the two weeks.  Is this the first time you have had blasts?  Do you have to take drugs for your immune issues with your cycle?  So sorry for loss of your son, not sure how anyone comes to terms with that, even a miscarriage is devastating.

Tearful - Jake done this journey before when we were in Reprofit, in sept 2010, which is in the Czech.  We had to travel from Dublin which makes it a longer journey.  We had 5 day transfer.

Nikki – Welcome, keeping one’s self busy is hard as those WHAT IF thoughts creep in often.  Hope you manage to keep on top of these thoughts.  I never have had any pregnancy symptons or sore boobs even before IVF – in fact no side effects from the drugs at all – not sure if this is a good or bad sign.

Fingers crossed that St Paddy’s day’s brings all you girls your wishes come true. 

I have to agree RFC limited and I was not really impressed with them when we first tried them in 2008 – our cycle did not work with them, but on the plus two months later fell pregnant naturally with Jake, born May 2009.  We had cycle with own eggs in sept 10 at Reprofit, initially pregnant with twins, lost one around 5 weeks and then at 12 weeks miscarried.  We decided to use donor eggs this time due to my age and low egg reserve.  I was hoping that by using a donor we would at least have some eggs for freezing so my heart broke when we got the email none suitable yesterday.  Again this brings WHAT IF questions regarding should we have insisted on 3 being put back rather than 2.  DH does not understand why I am so upset, but it this has not worked out for us then it looks like the end of our treatment for us. 

·
Registered
697 Posts
Tearful - posted before i read your last post.  I know how you are feelign re seeing pregnant people when in the two weeks.  When we had our first ivf my daughter was due and i was in the delivery room with her - hard but we managed to keep going somehow.  Glad your feeling more postive today.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thanks Tearful and Bron for your lovely words about my son.  It is beyond devastating and you never get over it you just manage to keep going somehow, he was so brave and fought so hard to stay with us, that i feel we're doing his memory justice by keeping going too.  I agree miscarriage is devastating too Bron, I had a missed mc 2 months before conceiving ds and it completely floors you.

I'm so sorry that you lost twins Bron, that is incredibly cruel.

I'm glad that the girls were able to re-assure you a wee bit Tearful, you never just know with symptoms/pains!!

To answer your questions Bron, no had nothing to freeze - have low amh only had 3 embies from 4 eggs so delighted to get to blast. Have been to blast before on 1st ivf in may 2010 - got 4 blasts from 5 embies but all bfns as didn't know about my immune problems.

Yep on lots of drugs for the immunes - steroids, aspirin, clexane, high dose folic acid, intralipids and my thryoid meds - so i rattle if you shake me  ;D.

Feeling pretty crampy today, hoping its a good sign as i'm 3dp5dt and the embies should be snuggling in  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
697 Posts
Emi - fingers crossed

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My 2ww finished early.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Its all over.

Many Best Wishes and lots of love to all of you. xx ^fairydust^

·
Registered
697 Posts
Tearful, i am so sorry to read this.  Really feel your pain.  Here if you want to talk  Lots of hugs

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tearful am just gutted for you pet.  Sending big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ your way and am here if you need/want to chat.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts