Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello oh wonderful oracle that is FF  :)

I wonder if any of you have heard of Curves gyms? I am trying to find a ladies only gym and this came up on my search.........

It all seems a bit too good to be true to me, so though I would ask if any of you have any experience of them?

They appear to run a kind of circuit thing which you do 30 mins a time 3 times a week.... that seems fine, but am not sure if it feels a bit like a cult situation, as you literally are in a circle and swap places with other women every 30 secs or so..........

I also can't find out how much it costs either, which concerns me a little... why dont these sites put their prices on??

many thanks in advance

Debs
xxxx

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi there

I've been going to Curves since the end of January!!  Its fantatsic!!  love it!!  There are 3 gyms in Aberdeen, where i live..  i've lost 18" from all over my body..

I got 3-4  times a week for 30 mins...

It costs me £29 a month Direct debit...  If you pay monthly by cash it costs around £37...

xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I havent been to a curves gym but have done circuit training at the local leisure centre.

Its hard work  ;D but great fun, and you certainly feel like you have done progress when you come out.

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Mel did an intro session with these a few weeks ago - although because of the car accident(her lower back got hurt) she hasn't been yet.

From what I understand, as well as the circuit training - they also have other courses which deal with nutrition etc.

To me it sounds like a cross between a gym and a slimming club.

Mel was impressed when she went. They also said they will give her a discount on signup as she is NHS staff.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank guys  :)

Thats two for them and I have heard one against so am still undecided.... i dont really need the nutritional side of it or slimming club bit, really just need to get fit and tone up a bit.... I might have a look at them and a local gym and see where I go from there....

Thanks so much for your help

Debs
xxxxxx

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Lass

I would love to go to a gym but just don't have the time...hence why i go to Curves..i couldn't recommend it enough hunni...  I get weighed every month...  But i do follow a weight watchers diet along with it...

xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts