Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just wondered if anyone out there knew what 'CV3' is. Just got the results from a full immune profile from clinic and apparently my CV3 is above normal. Am on holiday and phone call from clinic was brief, so now I'm wondering what it means! They mentioned I might need to be treated with steroids or IVIG. Perhaps CV3 has another name, cos I'm not finding much when I do a Google search. Perhaps there are some experts out there who can shed some light for me? Much appreciated.

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Holtro,

I think you mean CD3 cells.

Here is a quote from Alan Beer's webstite with a definition:-

"CD4 T Helper Cell. This is a T lymphocyte that helps activate CD3 cells in an immunity response by producing cytokines that cause proliferation, differentiation and growth of other cells necessary for completing the immune reaction. These are usually high normal in women with infertility and recurrent pregnancy losses."

Basically, CD3 is one of the lymphocytes (white blood cells) that make up the immune system. CD3 (plus CD4 and CD8) control production of blocking antibody response; this is a normal response as there are many occasions when you want the body to respond like this (e.g. illness etc). However, if this goes wrong (e.g. over response), then this can result in implantation failure, miscarriage etc. as an embryo cannot survive in this hostile environment.

The immune response created by this overreaction can be modulated by dampening down the immune system with IVIG and/or steroids taken early in the ttc cycle.

Here is a link to Alan Beer's website and specifically the glossary:-

http://repro-med.net/glossary.php

Here are more details of the RI and CD3 numbers:-

Reproductive Immunophenotype.

This checks for the presence of Natural Killer Cells. In most cases, Natural Killer Cells are good because they reduce the likelihood of developing cancer. These tests measure the following CD (Cell Designation) levels:

CD-3 (normal 63-86)

CD-4 (normal 31-53)

CD-8 (normal 17-35)

CD-19 (normal 3-8)

C56 (normal 3-12) these are the Natural Killer Cells

CD3/IL2-R (normal 0-5)

I think this is the right info. BUT obviously you need to double check all of this with your clinic.

I don't know what your history is, but it is very good that you are being tested and hopefully will be appropriately treated asap.

Wishing you every success,

Daisy
x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much; that's really helpful and informative. Really appreciate your interest and kind words. x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts