Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\
Hello,

I had my first ICSI cycle in December but unfortunately it failed - AF arrived 3 days before test day.  I am normally have a 29 day regular cycle but am now on day 35.  Could you tell me if this is likely to be due to the treatment and how long it might take to get back to normal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bobo,

I'm not a nurse or anything but after my first icsi I had a 42 day cycle followed by a 39 day cycle this happened for both of my unsuccessful attempts .. my clinic told me that it is normal for your cycle to go a bit astray and to remember that they have messed with your hormones and it takes a while for your body to get back in the swing of things ... I did 3 attempts in 10 months so my body never got a chance to get back to normal as such ... my clinic were happy for me to do this.

Hope this helps, obviously contact your clinic if you are worried.

Love and good luck for the future, Westies xx

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Westies,

Thank you for the message, relieved to hear that it is not just me!! Mind you it is really unnerving to think how much the treatment affects your body.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bobo
thank you for asking a question that has been burning in my mind for some time!  In my case, the cycle before my 3rd ICSI (but once i have started d/r) was over 30 days long.  Then the one after the failed cycle was also over 30 days long.  I have been relatively regular at 26 days and was extremely surprise at this and a little upset.  I had managed to convince myself I had managed to fall pregnant naturally the last time  :-[  The only problem is that now I have no idea when I am ovulting either!

Oh, well, let's hope it will soon get back to normal again!  Best of luck to you!
Love
Vero  :-*

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vero

I know what you mean about expecting a miracle - in reality you know that it isn't going to happen but it just niggles.  Oh well a good excuse for extra bd!!

Bobo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts