Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

Premium Member
Day for of injections, and the night sweats, headaches and spots are in full flow 馃檭

Registered
I did my first stimms last night, ok so far! Found out I don鈥檛 have the drug I need to start on Wed though, need to call my clinic first thing Mon and get them to rush it out 馃槱 no part of this is ever simple!

Premium Member
Glad you鈥檙e feeling ok on Stimms 馃憤馃徎 How frustrating, this process certainly can鈥檛 be described as simple cannot 馃槵馃槅 Oh to just do the deed and get pregnant 馃檮馃し鈥嶁檧锔忦煒

hope everyone is having a good weekend, certainly a hot one! My meds are making me feel sick in the avos, fun fun!

Registered
DH and I decided we would test this morning. I was so anxious and excited that I haven't actually slept at all! I gave in at 4am and tested and there is a very faint 2nd line! I'm pretty convinced it's a positive but DH isn't so sure. The pharmacy only had really cheap cassette tests so we are going to try and find another pharmacy today where we can buy a brand we recognise (we are still in Cyprus). I'm trying hard not to get excited but this is the closest we've had so far to a positive! I've contacted my clinic to arrange a blood test, my OTD is Tuesday.
My insides feel like they are all over the place at the moment, there's lots of rumbling going on and a couple of hours after I eat I have bad cramps followed by diarrhea (sorry tmi!). I've also got heart burn. Hopefully these are all good signs!

Premium Member
Fantastic news!! Did you manage to find some more tests? X

Registered
I did, I found an early detector one which I did this morning but it was still really faint. My diarrhea seems to be worse this morning too, and I'm feeling a bit queasy so I've contacted my clinic and hopefully I'll be going in later for a beta and I think they are going to check my hormone levels incase all the meds are causing my dodgy stomach.

How is everyone else getting on?

Premium Member
Every thing is very crossed for you.

I am just off for acupuncture in a bit, scan a week today x

Registered
Hi all,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately. Been rather anxious about my upcoming transfer (probably not helped by the progynova I'm currently taking) so have just been taking some time to try and calm my mind as much as possible. I hope everyone's doing OK and is managing to stay relatively cool in the hot weather.

SSD - Thank you for the luck! Good luck to you too! How're you finding the stims?

Dee - How are you? Do you know when your review be?

Pritamin - I'm so sorry it was BFN! I hope you have much better luck with your DE cycle!

Desperatelady - It all sounds very promising! Keeping everything crossed that a positive result is confirmed with your blood test tomorrow!!

Dusky - I'm glad you got the OK at your scan! Sorry your meds are making you feel dodgy. How much longer do you have on them?

AFM - I had my baseline scan last Saturday and got the go ahead to start taking progynova, which I've been taking since then. I'm back in for a lining scan followed by a nurse's appointment on Wednesday. If all goes well at that scan then I'll be given the go ahead to start taking progesterone (in the form of pessaries and intramuscular injections) and get my official transfer date. Already dreading the 2WW and pondering whether I'll test early to put myself out of the misery of not knowing, and then I think I'm getting way too ahead of myself!

Registered
Dusky - I tried accupuncture for the first time the day before the my transfer and had it just after the transfer too. I didn't think you were supposed to feel the needles go in but I was wrong! 馃槀 I've still got the bruises! I did find it strangely relaxing though.

Mudra - the 2ww is torture! I'm in two minds whether it's good to test early or not. With the two tests I've done being so faint and I only tested yesterday and today at 10/11dp5dt, it left us really unsure as to whether it had worked or not. But then it's so hard to think of anything other than testing, if it wasn't for my DH I probably would have been testing 3 times a day from the transfer 馃檲.

AFM- I got my beta results back at 188 so definitely pregnant! I think we are still both in shock after 6 years of trying it's finally happened! I would have like them a little higher but I'm not too worried as long as the next test is double this one.

Premium Member
Desperatelady ^congrats^ that鈥檚 amazing news! I am so happy for you!! I bet you are in wonderful shock! How鈥檚 your tum? I have used acupuncture since we started 13 years ago, absolutely love it, always have pre and post transfer and try and have about 5 sessions beforehand too. Not happening this time as she is so busy (and I cancelled my appointments when DH cancelled the cycle), she is squeezing me in tho and doing it on her days off bless her.

Mudra, I am a bit behind you then, had a scan last weds, started DR and estrogen, next scan is Monday, start cyclogest and hopefully FET on the 2nd 馃 It鈥檚 hard not to dread the 2WW even from here isn鈥檛 it 馃槵 be nice to be on the sofa with you tho 馃檹馃 xx

Registered
Huge congrats Desperatelady! Amazing that this is finally happening for you after 6 years!! As Dusky says, you must be in shock, the good kind of shock.

I'm in two minds about testing too. Either I'll be too scared to test early and that'll make me wait until the OTD, or I'll test early to put myself out of my misery before the 2 weeks are up. I've been pregnant once before and I definitely had symptoms with that so I was fairly confident of what the test result would be, but this is my first ever medicated FET so I have no idea whether I'll get any strong symptoms that aren't purely just from the meds I'll be on. I have no idea what to expect. Did you have any symptoms on your 2WW?

Dusky - I think you're only a few days behind me, if that. It'll be nice to have a 2WW buddy! Hope your scan on Monday goes well. Do you know what lining thickness they usually look for at lining check scans?

I've also been having acupuncture and also really enjoy it. I too didn't expect to feel the needles go in on my first session, but it is very relaxing. I'm trying to get a session in before my FET, which will hopefully be early next week.

Registered
Thank you ladies! It's still not sunk in and to make things even more exciting I've just found out I'm going to be an aunty too! My stomach seems to have calmed a lot but I'm not sure if that's just because I ate really bland food yesterday. I feel really bad eating rubbish but it seems to be better for my stomach than fruit and veg at the moment. When I did my first failed fet I was convinced I was pregnant then because I had so many symptoms but it obviously must have just been all the meds. I felt a bit different this time, I think I've been less crampy than last time and then there all the stomach problems. I felt like I did everything better though this time. I'm really over weight but have been steadily losing it for a longer time this time round. I've had a few thyroid issues but it's been under control for the past few months. I tried yoga (although not after FET), I took every bee product going until a few days before the FET. I've been drinking loads more water for a good few months, I cut caffine out ages ago and even stopped having decaf coffee for about a month before coming out. I've also avoided chocolate. So all that has made me feel more healthy and ready. Since the FET I've not had anything cold to eat or drink (which is very hard when it's been 42oc here and DH is still enjoying is icecreams!) and I've kept my feet warm. I'm sure most of these are old wives tales but I thought I had nothing to lose so might as well give them all ago. I was so stressed out about coming out for the FET, we had all the travelling during covid problems, cancelled flight, and we are in the North of Cyprus where there was talk of them stopping uk residents from entering. Once we got here I found the nearest massage place and booked in for pretty much two afternoons of treatments including the accupuncture so that I felt as relaxed as I could be for the transfer.

It's nice that both of you are so close in the timing of your FET, I'm really keeping everything crossed for the two of you!

Dusky - I hope your scan goes well!

Registered
Double whammy on the good news front then! That's good that your stomach has calmed down a bit now. Pregnancy symptoms seem impossible to pin point with any accuracy and I know it can be completely different every time. It sounds like you've made loads of positive lifestyle changes in the run up to treatment. I did the same and was very good in the run up to my IVF cycle, but have been more relaxed about what I eat and drink leading up to this FET. Although I generally eat quite healthily anyway. I've cut out the booze for the most part of this year, although I did have a few drinks on holiday last month. I've also been limiting or cutting out caffeine where I can. I've picked up yoga again too, which I find so beneficial for stress relief. I'm just hoping all of these things actually help!

It's so nice to be on similar FET timelines as you and Dusky!

Premium Member
Ah congrats on the Auntie front too 馃憤馃徎
I think I will be a week behind you Mudra as my FET is probably the 2nd august. We all sound very similar, I do yoga a lot, eat very well (have ibs so have to cut out all the bad stuff anyway, including booze, not had caffeine for years. I don鈥檛 think they are all old wives tales IMO, my acupuncturist swears by warm foods, including water and keeping kidneys and feet warm 馃憤馃徎
Who knows, but I do believe it all too, sadly hasn鈥檛 helped me on the last 7 goes but obviously the embie wasn鈥檛 meant to stick, praying it will this time 馃檹

Registered
Hi ladies,

Just wanted to write with an update after my lining scan today. Sonographer said my lining measured 8.1mm and has a tripple layer. She said they want the lining to be at least 8mm, but that some doctors were OK with 7mm. She said that my lining was good, but I'm worried it's a little on the low side as I'm only just over my clinic's threshold. I've been given the go ahead to start progesterone and blood thinning medication tomorrow and am booked in to have my transfer on Tuesday. Nerves have started to kick in a little.

Dusky - you were pretty spot on with us being about a week a part on our timelines.

Registered
Mudra - I could be wrong but I think the progesterone helps to thicken the lining too so it might still get a little thicker yet. Wishing you so much luck for your transfer!

Dusky - I also have IBS, I've read that could possibly be the reason for my very dodgy insides at the moment. I didn't realise pregnancy could have much of an effect on it but then again I suppose everything else does!
I'm definitely going to be sticking to what I've been doing so far. I've been a bit worried that my feet have felt cold the last couple of days so I went looking for some slippers today but given the high temperatures here they don't seem to be the easiest things to find.
I will certainly be keeping you and Mudra in my prayers over the next few weeks, I really hope you both get your positive tests.

Registered
Hi everyone, I have been keeping an eye on the thread, debating about joining. I was supposed to starting our next FET with my next period in the next couple of days, however I have finally had a consultation about my c-section defect/niche. My previous clinic was supposed to be refer me December last year, they finally did the referral in May this year. Now I need a saline infused scan to assess the csection scar and if they see the niche, then I am going to have to have it operated on with a combo of hystercopy and laprascopy. I am glad that it is getting looked at properly finally, however I am so upset that it has taken so long for the referral to be sent and that it could have all been all sorted already. My age is really playing on my mind now! So looks like I won't be having another FET anytime soon! Unless my scan is completely fine! I was supposed to have my scan last Friday, but unfortunately had to cancel it as we went to a wedding the weekend before and my DW tested positive so we have been in isolation, lucky they rebooked for this Friday when I am out of isolation. I think the poor doctor took pity on me as I cried down the phone to him on my appointment with him about the delay in my referral!

Desperatelady - Congrats on the BFP. Enjoy the rest of your time in Cyprus.

Mudra - I think with your progestrone, your lining should continue to thicken. So excited for you that your FET will be next Tuesday, good luck.

Dusky - good to see you again, good luck with your transfer around the 2nd!

Sarahsuperdork - I remember you from your previous cycles. Hope the stims are going well, good luck with your journey to extend your family. Hope you managed to sort your medication.

Pritamin and Dee - Thinking of you both, sorry about your cycles. Sending you both strength. I hope your reviews are insightful and come up with a good plan.

Hope the heat is manageable for everyone.

Premium Member
What a nightmare Doj! As you say good to finally get it sorted though, hope it all goes really smoothly and you are back on the FET track soon x

Mudra, lining sounds good to me, my clinic wants min of 8mm, I had 7.6 at scan with DD and we went ahead (used to have min of 7 years ago) and it was all grand. Have had 11.something and I thought that would make all the difference but sadly not. The cyclogeat will thicken it up leading up to Tuesday 馃憤馃徎

IBS is awful isn鈥檛 it Desperatelady, mine certainly played up in pregnancy. How are you feeling otherwise? Xx

Registered
Morning all! Hope you're all doing OK.

Thanks @Desperatelady30 , really hoping this FET works! Did you manage to find some warm slippers? Can't imagine they're the easiest things to find in this heat! 馃サ

Thank you @dojiejo , I'm a mixture of excited and nervous about Tuesday! I almost can't believe that it's actually happening in a few days time. That's good that they're finally taking proper steps to investigate your c-section scar niche. If they do end up doing a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy then would they potentially remove scar tissue from the area if they found some which they thought might be problematic? I can't believe that it took that long to refer you. It sounds like someone at your previous clinic has either sat on it or they forgot to do it. Must be so frustrating when if they'd referred you earlier it could have all been dealt with by now! I hope your DW is OK after having covid and that your scan tomorrow goes as well as can be!

Thanks for the reassurance @Dusky7 . It's pretty impossible to predict what will make a transfer successful! I think I need to invest in a crystal ball馃槅

@Desperatelady30 and @dojiejo , I hope my lining does increase a little over the next few days, but I've heard differing things about what happens to the lining after starting progesterone. Some say the lining increases whilst others say it compacts. Whatever my lining decides to do, I just hope it's enough for our embryo to stick馃檹

AFM - I started my progesterone today. I'm taking utrogestan pessaries 3 times a day and crinone gel 2 times per day, plus the progynova that I was already taking to build up my lining. I naively thought the pessary applicators would be pretty self-explanatory, so there was some confusion this morning with doing the first ones. That'll teach me to read the instructions next time! 馃槀 DH also did my first progesterone in oil intramuscular shot this morning and despite the very long needles I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty painless. My bum did feel a little numb afterwards though. I'll also have to inject blood thinning medication every day, which apparently a lot of patients find worse than the IM injections, so we'll see how I get on with those.

Premium Member
Not sure if it鈥檚 my phone or if no one has written for 3 days鈥 (sometimes mine doesn鈥檛 update for some reason).

Hope everyone is ok and having a nice weekend. I have my scan tomorrow, 馃 I am ready for transfer on the 2nd鈥 having acupuncture too.

anyone know if there is a problem with diaries? I havetried to write in mine and it doesn鈥檛 work, and can鈥檛 get a response from anyone on here? Xx

41 - 60 of 71 Posts