Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
AFM - I’m feeling fine about day 3. It’s not much we can do about it. At least this way I’ll get to transfer. It was such a devastating blow to learn in March that none of our embryos made it past day 3 so maybe 2 weeks hoping is better. Who knows?! I certainly don’t.
I also read this article which makes me feel much better about my day 3 transfer as it seems to suggest that in my case day 3 would give better chance than day 5.

Xx
Hi @Pritamin I'm just jumping here to say that none of my embryos (11) made it to day 5 in the lab but I had a transfer with a Day 3 and currently I'm 17w pregnant! I used to think like you and I was obsessed with blastocyst stage only but clearly this is not the case! My embryo made it in my belly!! Best of luck for the 15th!! 🤞

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi @Pritamin I'm just jumping here to say that none of my embryos (11) made it to day 5 in the lab but I had a transfer with a Day 3 and currently I'm 17w pregnant! I used to think like you and I was obsessed with blastocyst stage only but clearly this is not the case! My embryo made it in my belly!! Best of luck for the 15th!! 🤞
awww, supermaria, thanks for this. It’s filling me with hope.
It’s our last go with own eggs so I’m feeling the pressure a bit. Hopefully my embryos don’t :)

massive congratulations on your pregnancy ❤

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Congratulations on being PUPO Prit, how are you feeling?

How are you doing Dee?

Doj, I have been having counselling there for the last 6 months, ironically they changed the rules and the last one was just before he said this. I can’t afford to have it privately. I am praying he will change his mind, the clinic don’t even know yet… I am meant to call with day1 in a week or two… 😬 xx

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Didn’t see the last few posts for some reason, huge congratulations Super Maria xx

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Congratulations Supermaria x

Dusky: I’m ok quite positive about my cycle 1 week today os OTD x i am worried though as i feel like my af is comingbut just hoping its the progesterone x and nothing else x

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Congratulations on being PUPO Prit, how are you feeling?

How are you doing Dee?

Doj, I have been having counselling there for the last 6 months, ironically they changed the rules and the last one was just before he said this. I can’t afford to have it privately. I am praying he will change his mind, the clinic don’t even know yet… I am meant to call with day1 in a week or two… 😬 xx
so, so hard Dusky. Are you two talking about it or is he like my DH, the more I press him the less he is eager.
I hope it will be just a case of him ‘resigning’ to the fact when AF comes.
It’s just incomprehensible not to do a FET when you have embryos in the freezer. Xxx

I’m feeling Ok. It’s only been a couple of days and I’m always quite positive in the first week of 2WW. I’m just hoping that my two beauties that were put back are not both blastocysts and getting ready to make their bed for the next 9 months!! 🙏🏼
I know the odds are stack against us, what with my low AMH and crap egg quality but it’s not over until it’s over. Xx

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Fingers crossed for you pritamin xxzx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi ladies,

Hope you're all well.

Sorry for taking a while to respond. My email alerts have strangely stopped again.

Doj - How are you doing? What stage are you at now?

8868dee & Pritamin - Congrats to you both on being PUPO! How're you both finding the 2WW? Lots of luck!!! 🤞🤞

Dusky - today is my last day on the norethisterone. I've not found it as bad this time as the first time I took it. How're you doing now? Sorry to hear your DH is saying he's had enough. IVF can really take it's toll, but I hope he agrees to go ahead despite what he's saying at the moment.

SuperMaria - Big congrats on your pregnancy!!

AFM - Today is my last day on the norethisterone. I think my AF should show up on Wednesday and if it does then I'll be starting cetrotide injections and going in for a baseline scan. Other than that I have to say it's been a bit of a crap couple of weeks. Have had quite a few pregnancy announcements to contend with, the hardest of which being my brother in law and his DP. It's all the harder given it's not easy to avoid them as they live a stone's throw away.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Mudra: hi lovely, i have felt really sick yesterday to the point i was almost sick but thankfully not. The 2WW is head doing because i feel pregnant 😭 however i know its just the progesterone. I have twinges in my ovary area and in the mood even though we aren’t doing that throughout the 2ww lol. good luck with the injections and this cycle love i have everything crossed for you xx . I keep getting my social media full of pregnancy announcements 😭😭😭 happy for them but frustrating me that we have to do ivf to even try xx 😘 keep your spirits up lovely x

Afm: having pregnancy symptoms but i know its just the progesterone lol x hope everyone is doing well?, i am 5dp5dt, halfway there lol 😂. Question, does anyone know how many days after trigger does the shot leave ur system? Just so i am able to figure out best to test and not get a false positive ? X

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Thanks Prit, he’s not a talker 🙄 It’s certainly not over til it’s over, PMA 👍🏻

Mudra, 🤞AF turns up when she is meant to.

Dee, it is so cruel how the prog mimics the same symptoms, everything is crossed for you. I have 3 days in my head but don’t know if that is right tbh xxx

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ah Mudra, it’s always so hard to read all these announcements on ** especially that they make you feel twice as bad as you feel sh.t about feeling sad about these announcements.
But it’s so, so hard. It was one of the reasons why I never put anything on ** about being pregnant. It still felt really raw and if I could spare one person from feeling **** then it was worth it.
I hope Af shows on Wednesday and you can start your FET xx

Dee - I think it’s about 10 days so maybe wait a couple of more days before you test :)

oh Dusky - fingers and everything crossed for you that he’ll come around. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

First time posting on here so learning the ropes! Had our first round of IVF June/July, official test day is 12/07/2021!
Only had 4 eggs collected after stim injections for 15 days, all 4 fertilised, one was better than the others and did ET on day 3 with an 8 cell, the others didn't grow and didn't make it to freezing.

Have followed this thread and will read up and nip back to see how you all get on :) xo

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dee - Hopefully it's more than just the progesterone you're feeling! Not too long till your OTD now. I really hope it's a positive! Well done for nearly making it through the 2WW! My social media was also full of pregnancy announcements, so I logged out of it months ago and I feel better for it. It's one of those situations where virtually everyone I know has gotten pregnant in the last 12 months. It's nearly been a year to the day that I had my TMFR, so this month will be hard enough. I think I'm getting more anxious the closer I get to transferring and a close family pregnancy announcement feels like a massive kick in the guts at the worst possible time. Fortunately they know our situation and understand that it's not something I can currently be around. The whole thing is just awkward though. Thanks for the kind words, I do need to try and keep my spirits up. As for your question about the trigger shot, I think I read somewhere that it can take about 10 days to fully leave your system, but I wouldn't quote me on that.

Pritamin - Yep, that's exactly it. You feel even worse for feeling bad about someone else's pregnancy news. I never posted a scan photo or announced on social media when I was pregnant before either. I wouldn't even dream of it now because I wouldn't want to make anyone else feel bad, as far as that's possible. AF came 2-3 days after I stopped taking Norethisterone last time so I'm hoping it shows up roughly about the same this time around.

Hi Whedaj - Good luck for testing on the 12th!

I'll see you all over on the July / August thread.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Dusky: it is awful how they do x ha ha 3days lol think its longer than that x. How are you doing?

pritamin: ahh i see it’s been 13 days so i think ill be safe to test tomorrow 😱🤣🥰🤣 am dying to test lol xx

Whedja: welcome love and good luck with the 12th x my OTD is 10th fx fx. My birthday is the 14th was hoping for a bfp birthday present lol x fingers crossed x

Mudra: aww love it is hard this journey, i am same tho people im around just expect me to get on with it when people announce they r expecting 😞. I am going to test tomorrow morning because iwill Be 7dp so if it has worked I reckon i would get a faint positive by then x

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Whedja, welcome, wishing you lots of luck 🍀

oops, got that very wrong then, don’t know where I got 3 days from 😆

So… he’s changed his mind!!! 🙄😬😆😃👍🏻 just waiting on Af then in for a scan before starting Buserelin (new way round for me). Am
So happeeeeee 😃😃😃

thinking of you Dee 🤞🙏 xx

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Whoop Dusky, that's brilliant news. I actually feel relieved for you!!
best of luck for your cycle. May this be your lucky one after a bit of a bumpy start.

Dee - thinking of you.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Dusky: so please ur dh has changed his mind x whoop whoop x totally routing that this cycle is positive for you x

Thanks Dusky and Pritamin xx i tested this morning 7dp5dt on a internet cheapie and morrisons own one and both stark white BFN’s i am devastated as its only 3 days before OTD so if anything was going to show i believe it would ny now 😭😭😭😭. I have some frer and clearblue coming via Amazon today which i will test again then but I doubt it will change. I also have a digi upstairs which i will save until OTD as my clinic don’t do a beta 😭😭😭. Though i think it’s easier not to have to go in when its a no x.
I don’t know where to go from here, we don’t have any frosties and upon review i am worried he will say to not do anymore cycles but I don’t even know of we can raise the money anymore 😭😭😭😞.

I know its still a little early but there is only 3 days till OTD i doubt it will change. i still have twinges in my right ovary that I thought was a good sign, now i think its just the progesterone 😢😢😢😢. I am so devastated 😭😭😞

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Update* me frer arrived and its also negative 😭😭. I now have lost all hope as its only 3days till OTD

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Oh Dee I am so so sorry. It is absolutely crushing! We are here for you and I’m thinking of you so much. It is hard not to think that life can be so cruel and unfair sometimes! Take some time and look after yourself, I am so sorry xxx

181 - 200 of 226 Posts