Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fyfey I’m now 7dpt. I’ve decided to wait till the weekend to test. As far as I know I am pregnant till proven otherwise so I think I won’t test earlier. It’s actually been ok this tww. I had a book come out this week so the publishers have kept me really busy with pr and I’ve not had much time to dwell, although of course, we do still dwell. I feel sort of quiet about it, if you know what I mean?

pritamin, we went to gynem. Our contact was Jana and the clinic experts were very good indeed. We did have a sad situation where two embryos were in one straw so defrosted at same time we knew we only wanted one out back so the other perished which I still feel rotten about. But I couldn’t chance twins. It just wouldn’t work for us x

fingers crossed for the start of some successful cycles for us all x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, I was wondering if I could join you on this thread? This is my first time posting, but I've been lurking on FF for a few months now.

Hope you're all doing well through the huge rollercoaster ride that is IVF.

A little bit about me as an introduction. I completed my first IVF stims cycle between April and May, and am currently in the throes of waiting for PGT-M and PGT-A results. Provided we have at least 1 gene free, chromosomally normal blastocyst, I'll be starting the FET process asap. I'm having IVF to avoid passing on a single gene disorder which I'm a carrier for.

It'll be nice to cycle and share experiences with others going through similar.

Mudra

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mumsey - sending good wishes towards you for a bfp

Mudra - welcome to the board, hope you get good news for the embryos

Dojie - I've never had antibiotics with an FET, only with egg collection. Weird that your clinic gives them, did they say why?

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. We're in Greece now and I had my blood tests today, ahead of the transfer tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the welcome NJR! Reading through all the messages it looks like your FET is set for tomorrow. Hope it goes well! Sorry to hear about the nightmare you've had with your flights!

Fyfey - just thought I'd chime in about the cyst you mentioned you had. I had an 11mm cyst on one of my ovaries at my baseline scan before I started stims. I had bloods taken to see if it was hormone producing and it wasn't so I got the all clear to starts meds on CD day 3. I was told that a small cyst would only be a problem if it was producing hormones as this can interfere with your response to the meds.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Evening all. Sorry been quite. Really wishing everyone well and welcome to these recently joined. Whether travel or waiting or hoping, may it all go well.

Sorry can only manage a brief one tonight and not brought myself to come on since Monday. Afraid we had a very clear negative test. So stopped all meds and AF started today. Will be ok but been feeling so ill with bad headaches that made me sick too. Glad I waited to test as would have kept hoping wrong if had done early. Onward and upward. Got review appointment next week and one last frostie to try. 🤞

Will catch up on you all, sending thanks for all your lovely positive thoughts and much baby dust to you all. X

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello all,

Girlfullofhope- I am so sorry to hear about your negative result. Sending you massive hugs.

Mudra -Welcome when are you hoping for a transfer?

Dojie- I have taken antibiotics in my cycles before and after transfer.

NJR- Good luck for tomorrow hope transfer goes well.
Well AF has turned up and started my first day of meds today I can’t believe I’m doing this again after a 5years 😬lining scan booked for next week and then it will be the mad dash to try and sort out covid tests, flights and accommodation. Anyone have any recommendations on fit to fly covid tests which are reliable?
sending love to you all xxx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to hear about your test result GirlFullofHope. Take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon!

Lawreann - Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping to start a medicated FET in June/July. I have a consultation booked for the 7th June to kick things off, but it all depends on whether we have anything to transfer following the results of genetic testing. I should hear back about testing fairly soon, but the waiting and worrying is driving me up wall. How've you found your first day of meds?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Morning All,

Doji - Thats great that you are all ready to start getting sorted for the FET! Exciting isnt it! How many embies have you got in the freezer?
When are you expecting your biopsy results? I had to phone up my clinic to chase mine up!

Ive no idea what will happen next, Im just hoping that double dosing for an extra fortnight will have reduced the lining a bit and also shrunk the cyst! Otherwise.... Ive not a clue what will happen! Im guessing it could be abandoned.... but I dont know! Feel a bit in limbo tbh!!

Mumsey - Oh not long until you are testing now! Congrats on the book, thats great! Whats your book about?

Mudra - Welcome!! Good luck with the results, when do you think you will find out? Oh thanks for the info on the cyst, you see I had a cyst many years ago at a baseline scan and they abandoned the cycle, without even taking bloods! However I do believe that practice is a bit different now, so fingers crossed! The cyst has defo appeared since taking the meds, Im hoping its not a hormone producing one!! But how would I know, without taking bloods?

NJR - Good luck for today hun... thinking about you!

GFoH - Sorry to hear about your result! Glad to hear you have a consultation arranged to look at your other frostie. Wishing you lots of luck for the future and take care of yourself!!

Lawreann - Oh it's all moving now... What sort of timeline are you looking at hun?

AFM - As ive said in this post already, my AF arrived on Wednesday! Well Im saying AF but its more just spotting, however it's bang on when AF was due and my boobs were hurting so much before it and then dissappeared on the day that the bleed arrived. I wonder because Ive been on the buserelin for the best part of 4 weeks now, that the bleed would naturally be lighter. I hope its nothing to do with this cyst!! I hate not knowing whats going on in our bodies, wish there was a wee window to peek into!! LOL!
I feel that the buserelin is finally giving me side effects, the last couple of days Ive had such a foggy feeling and hot flushes have been crazy!

Good Luck All
F x

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh Ive went and posted that and forgot to ask about the others, I hope everyone is ok!

Blodyn - I hope all went find in Greece, been thinking about you!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mumsey2be - Good luck for your OTD on the weekend, I have everything crossed for you. How exciting about having a book come out, that will definitely keep you busy. What is the book about?

Mudra85 - Welcome and good look with your PGT-M testing. How many embryos have you managed to get tested? Fingers crossed that you get at least 1 gene free, chromosomal normal blast. The wait for results is so difficult. I had PGT-A/PGS testing because of my age/egg quality, so slightly different but it was still a long wait. We were lucky and our results came back quicker then they had said they would.

NJR - Good luck for your transfer today. When do you head back to the UK?

GirlFullofHope - I'm so sorry for BFN, sending you lots of virtual hugs. I hope your review appointment is productive.

Lawreann - Hope all is going well with your meds. Hope sorting everything to travel isn't too stressful. Good luck.

Fyfey - I have 5 embryos in the freeze, after testing 8. 4 are normal and 1 is low mosaic. I am very pleased with the results as really thought we would be lucky to get 1 normal embryo. It has been a long 4 weeks with you, sorry you are starting to get side effects. I really hope they pass quickly and you lining and cyst sort themselves out.

Blodyn - How is everything going?

Mouse - Thinking of you, hope everything is ok!

Pritamin - I have everything crossed for your miracle natural BFP.

AFM - Still awaiting my endometrial biopsy results, I just called to see if they have it yet and still no joy. I would have liked to have had some acupuncture this week but haven't managed to fit it in with my shifts. Next week looks like it might be a struggle to fit it in as well, especially as I start daily scans from Thursday.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fyfey when will the clinic scan you again. I hope that you can go ahead.

GFOH im so sorry about your negative test. It sounds like you have a plan in place for you next frostie and keeping everything crossed for you next cycle.

Mudra welcome, good look with the PGS testing.

Mumsey2be I hope you are coping ok in this last bit of the tww.

Bloyden & NJR how has the travel been? I hope everything has gone smoothly.

Dojie I hope your biopsy results come back all clear and it’s smooth sailing for this FET. I’m guessing it will be a good chance of it working with a PGS normal embie so fingers crossed you get a bfp and there are no more hold ups!

Pritamin I hope you are doing ok, I can imagine it’s so frustrating to have the cyst, ivf is enough waiting without all the things that go wrong. How are you feeling?

ATM my hcg beta came back all ok and the numbers had more that doubled in 72 hours so my loss of symptoms is nothing to worry about. I have booked a private scan near to where I live next Thursday. Because this positive was off the back of an abandoned cycle I have no idea how many weeks I would be. I am just hoping they can see a hb otherwise it will be a case of waiting another week to confirm one way or the other. I am trying to stay hopeful that all will be ok. ATM I am welcoming the distraction of a really busy time at work and the new kitten (currently clambering all over me while I try to type!)

Hope everyone is doing ok and sorry if I have missed anyone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mouse - I am glad you HCG beta came back all ok and that the numbers have more than doubled in 72 hours. It must be reassuring with the loss of pregnancy symptoms. Good luck for your scan on Thursday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Afternoon All!

Fyfey, dojiejo & mouse - Thanks for the luck! I was told that results would take between 3 to 4 weeks. I got the call from the lab this morning, so it actually only took two weeks in the end. Not sure I could have taken much more of the waiting!! We had 5 blastocysts tested. 1 is a chromosomally normal carrier (carriers are unaffected with the gene condition we're trying to avoid so we've agreed to include those) and 1 is a low level mosaic which is unaffected. The mosaic is also transferable but we'd have to have genetic counselling to understand the implications of this and I believe the likelihood of a low mosaic implanting is less than a normal one. The remaining 3 blasts will be discarded as 2 were chromosomally abnormal and 1 was affected with the gene disorder. I'm very happy that we have at least 1 transferable blast and can now progress to FET, but ideally I'd have loved to have two completely normal unaffected blasts for a couple of decent goes at FET.

Fyfey - Pleased the info on the cyst is helpful. My clinic also told me that if the cyst was less than 11mm they wouldn't have even checked my hormone levels and would've just let me start treatment as planned. I guess every clinic has a different way of doing things, but there's probably no harm in asking why they don't want to check your hormone levels. Either way, hopefully the pesky cyst resolves itself quick smart!

Dojiejo - That's an amazing result on your PGS testing! The waiting is horrid though. I see you also had 1 low level mosaic. Do you know much about low mosaics? Any idea when you'll hear back about your endometrial biopsy results?

Mouse - That's great news about your HCG beta test! There's so much worry at every step of the process. Wishing you good luck for your scan next week! Very jealous of your new kitten by the way - must be great distraction from things.

Hope everyone else is doing OK and looking forward to the weekend!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mudra - so glad you've got a transferable embryo :) Any idea how soon they'll do the transfer?

Fyfey - You're doing so well with all the waiting. It's so hard when you just want to get on with things.

Dojiejo - Fingers crossed for your biopsy results.

Mouse - Congratulations! I'm so glad your hcg is rising. I'm also really jealous of your new kitten, hope you're having lots of kitten cuddles. The travel has been stressful but actually very smooth. The covid tests for coming back to the UK are being done at our fertility clinic, which I'm really glad about, as I didn't want to have to search for Greek pharmacies that could do them.

GirlfullofHope - I'm so sorry things didn't work out for you this time.

Lawreann - we got our PCR tests done with Biogroup Laboratories. They have test sites in a lot of places, so there may be one near you. You can pay and they send you a QR code, then either choose a time, or just turn up within three months at a time of your choosing and show the code. They guarantee 24 hour turnaround, and if you get the test done before 1pm you should may your results in 12 hours. We had ours done at 9am on Monday and had the results by 8pm.

AFM, had the transfer today. 2 embies safely in. Thanks for all the good wishes :) I'm trying to relax now and take my mind off things, but I've had to start Lubion injections, and I'm terrified of needles, so it's all a bit stressful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi NJR - I have a consultation booked in for next Friday to discuss the next steps. I'll be having a medicated FET, which I think is standard protocol for all PGD patients given we end up with so few embryos after testing. By my rough estimation I think I'll be starting my FET cycle around mid-June, but I should know more in the next week or so. Glad your embryo transfer went well today and that you're trying to kick back and relax. It sounds like you could do with some chill time after your travel stress. The needles don't sound too pleasant though:oops:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
NJR - congrats on being PUPO. Are you back in the UK

mouse - so please for you!!

mudra - welcome, so great you have transferable embryo after testing, must be a relief though I knew you would have liked a few more.

Fyfey - if I remember correctly I never had proper bleed when on Buserelin. When is your next scan?

blodyn - I hope everything is going ok in Greece for you.

dojiejo - I hope you’ll get your biopsy result very soon.

girlfullofhope- I hope you’re ok.

lawreann - I hope stims are going well for you.

afm-nothing to report, I’m just loitering here in this limbo. I brought my second covid jab forward by 3 weeks, getting the second dose on 1st July so by the time it will be time for us to travel to Czech Republic I should be protected. (As I’m pretty sure it’s totally pointless to try an own egg cycle but oh well).
Actually - one thing to report is that we’ll have our Skype consultation with the Cz clinic on Tuesday. I want to get everything out of the way so we can just jump straight into DE after our last ever try with OE.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi all, sorry I have been so rubbish at keeping up on here, I haven’t read back 😬 NJR, how’s things there? Doj, great you’re all set to go. Never had antibios for FET, just EC.

I am waiting for AF, another week or so to go, meds arrive on Monday, FET not till 21st 🤞🙏

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mudra - I'm really not loving the injections. My poor DH has to do them for me, I can't even look at needles. Luckily he's very patient :LOL: Hope your consultation goes well. Write down everything you want to ask in advance. I always forget something if I don't do that.

Pritamin - we're still in Greece, flying back on Wednesday. We're getting some sunshine while we can.

Dusky - fingers crossed AF arrives when it should.

AFM, the 2ww is already driving me crazy. I have no symptoms so far, which is worrying me, as the only time I've had a bfp, I had definite symptoms. I know I'm only 3dpt but I've already started wondering what the next step is if this doesn't work out 😞

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All,

Hope everyone's week is going well so far.

Pritamin - It's definitely a big relief knowing that we have one good embryo & can now progress to FET. Although it feels like the pressure is very much on for the one we have. Success rates with one normal good quality embryo are very good, but as with all things in the process nothing is guaranteed. How're you feeling about cycling again? The waiting around in limbo can be a real drag!

Dusky - Are you doing a medicated FET? What medication will you be on? I'm waiting to start the process for my first FET myself & I don't have much idea of what to expect just yet.

NJR - You're a trooper getting through the injections when you're terrified of needles! How much longer do you have to have the injections for after your transfer? Are they daily or less frequently than that?
Thanks for the tip on writing down all my questions prior to my consultation. My brain always goes blank at things like consultations, so I've started making a list of all sorts of questions to ask so that I hopefully won't have that problem this time🤞
I've not gotten to the 2WW bit yet, but I can only imagine how tough the wait must be. It's still very early days though & I've read of countless women on these forums who've had no symptoms (even when they had symptoms with a previous pregnancy) & were surprised when they got a BFP. Keeping everything crossed for you! 🤞🤞

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mudra - I don't know a great deal about low level mosaic's. My understanding is there is a chance that there could be something genetically wrong with the embryo or a possibility that the abnormal cells may self correct, thus the need for genetic counselling. I have an appointment on Thursday for my endometrial biopsy results. I really hope they are back by then so we can do a transfer next week. I think we may be at the same clinic, my FET is a natural transfer. Medicated is easier regarding timing and monitoring. I have insisted on a natural cycle as my body seems to respond better to a natural cycle as I have less fluid accumulating at my csection defect.

NJR - Congrats on being PUPO, fingers crossed for your 2 embies to snuggly in safely. I hope the 2ww doesn't drive you to crazy. Hope the Lubion is going ok.

Pritamin - Did you have you consultation with the Cz clinic today? How did it go?

Dusky - Not long till the 21st, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

AFM - I start testing for ovulation tomorrow, I really hope I ovulate by the weekend so I can go away for a few days to my in laws before the transfer.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts