Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hey everyone:)

i hope you don’t mind me jumping in. I am just about to start a fresh cycle, totally new protocol for me. Its called a cetrotide cycle and ill be having 450miu and the most i have ever had is 300 of gonal f (last cycle). Jusy waiting on my af showing her face then ill be in for a day 2/3 scan then start my meds x

anyone else done a cycle like this?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Evening All,
Almost at the end of another week... Hope you are all well!

Doji - How did your scan go today? it was today that your scans start wasnt it?

Mouse - Im glad that your HCG came back all and well! I bet thats a relief. Take care hun and keep us posted.

Mudra - Thats great you have a transferrable embie waiting for you, so whats the process now for FET, do you need to wait on AF arriving?

NJR - Congrats on being PUPO! Sorry, but whats the lubion for? Ive heard it before but can't recall. Hows your partner liking giving you the injections? I don't think my partner could even do it, so good on him! Hope you enjoyed the lovely weather and relaxation in Greece!

Pritamin - How did the consultation go? was it Tuesday past? Thats great you were able to bring your vaccine forward. Ive still not had word for mine.

Dusky - the 21st will be here before you know it, the weeks are flying by. What meds will you be on?

8868dee - We have cycled previously on a forum, hope you are well. Ive not been on the protocol that you are on before, hopefully someone here will be able to help you hun.

Hope everyone else is well, has anyone heard from Blodyn? I hope all is ok.

AFM, so side effects have defo be very evident since last Wednesday (19th) or so, headaches, tiredness, flushes etc!! So i knew that there was something working anyway. I had my repeat baseline yesterday (Wed 26th), cyst has grown by about 0.5mm, however the lining has thinned right down, infact it was that thin that they really struggled to measure it and Im not even sure what it measured at! However because there is still that cyst there, they took bloods to test my E2 levels and said I would get a call later in the afternoon. They did give me medication to start my stims, just incase my E2 levels were low enough. So..... they are at 59, which is low apparently? Ive never had my levels checked before, so Ive no idea. So yup, the cyst isnt producing any hormones and Im at baseline. So i start Bemfola from tomorrow (Friday) and Im back next Friday (4th) for an action scan and will take it from there. Im sure the last time I stim'd I was on Gonal-F, has anyone else been on Bemfola?
Ive also to reduce my Buserelin down to once a day, instead of twice. So I will continue to inject the Buserelin in the morning and will do the Bemfola at night, from tomorrow! Fingers crossed my lining thickens back up and I get some decent follicles.
It's been a while since I've been here, can anyone recomment any IVF foods to have during stimming?

Take Care
F x

·
Registered
93 Posts
Fyfey - that's such good news, I'm so pleased for you. I usually drink pomegranate juice to help my lining thicken up, it's good for blood flow. I'm taking Lubion as it's an injectable form of progesterone. I don't absorb progesterone very well, so it's in addition to the tablets I'm also taking. My DH is really good at the injections, and really patient with me.

8868dee - hello and welcome to the forum. I've never had a cetrotide cycle, so I can't help I'm afraid but hopefully someone on here will have some knowledge of it.

Doji - how's your testing going?

Mudra - I'm having the injections daily, and I guess I keep taking them till my hcg test, then see what happens. Good luck for your consultation.

AFM, I'm back in the UK and now in quarantine for 10 days, which means I can't have the blood test my clinic usually want for hcg. Testing day would be Monday, so I'm going to do a home test then, and if it's negative, see what my clinic say about continuing the medication. I still have no symptoms, but I'm feeling a bit less crazy. The weather in Greece was lovely, but it feels good to be back home.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Doj x how are you doing?

Mouse, massive congratulations to you!!

NJR, how are you doing on the 2ww sofa?

Mudra, hi, yes medicated FET, I used to always be on long protocol but now am on SP so wait for AF and then Buserelin injections day 2/3, then Progynova tablets and Cyclogest pessaries, I also have the HCG trigger but I know it’s standard for FETs. How are you feeling about it all.

I hope everyone is doing ok, again apologies for being so rubbish on 🙃 xx

·
Registered
449 Posts
8868dee - Welcome and I hope AF makes a timely appearance. I had cetrotide with my cycle to stop me ovulating, my stimulation drugs were a lower dose as I have a high AFC/AMH. I had 8 days of stimulation drugs (fostimon and meriofert), started cetrotide on day 5 of stims and continued the cetrotide until my trigger.

Fyfey - sorry to hear about all your side effects, but yeah to your lining finally thinning down and starting you stims. I am glad your cyst is not estrogen producing.

NJR - Welcome back to the UK, I hope the 2ww and quarantining isn't driving you to crazy. Everything crossed for your test day on Monday.

Dusky - Lovely to hear from you, you haven't been rubbish, life is just busy.

AFM - I had my scan yesterday, 16 mm follicle, I have daily scans now and daily ovulation surge testing. Today the follicle is 18 mm. I think my surge will be Sunday and than check to see that ovulation has actually happened than I will start my progesterone and have my transfer 5 days later. We are supposed to be going away from half term on Sunday but think I will end up having to have a scan on Monday, so will wait in London and then meet my family after ovulation has been confirmed for a few days away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dojiejo - Thanks for the info about mosaics. That's what the clinic has told me, but I think I'm going to see if I can arrange an appointment with the genetic counsellor next week to understand more about it. Given we only have one normal embryo then we need to know whether we want to proceed with the mosaic in the event that the normal embryo doesn't survive the thaw. From your latest messages it looks like your endometrial biopsy results are now in and that you're now progressing with your natural FET. All being well, it looks like your transfer should be next week, which is a lot faster than a medicated FET! I think we're at the same clinic like you say.

Welcome 8868dee! I took cetrotide for my cycle. I used a combination of meriofert and fostimon for the stimulation phase and cetrotide (one 0.25mg injection every morning) from day 5 of stimulation to prevent ovulation up until trigger.

Fyfey - I had my FET consultation earlier today. I now have to wait for my next period and then 14 days into that cycle I start taking norethisterone. I take the norethisterone for 12-14 days then wait to have another period. Then roughly 18 days after the first day of that period I have my transfer. I can't remember exactly what meds I'll be taking for those 18 days, but it's a combo of injections, tablets and pessaries. I have a nurse's appointment on the 14th June where we'll run through everything in a lot more detail.
That's great news that you can now crack on with your cycle! I don't have any experience of Bemfola. During stims I tried eat a lot of protein (roughly 70g) per day. Lots of eggs, organic dairy, fish, nuts, plus lots of veg, particularly asparagus, kale, spinach, lentils and beans. I had to use protein powder to get my protein intake up as it's actually quite hard to without it. I'm not sure whether doing any of that helped, but I think just being as healthy as possible can't hurt and at the least you'll feel like you've given it your best shot.

NRJ - I hope the injections are over with as soon as can be! Thanks for the good luck. Consultation went well. I was able to ask lots of questions but all in all it was very quick. Good luck for when you test!

Dusky7 - It feels like there's more meds with FET than IVF, even if there are less injections. I think I'm on the short protocol for FET too, but it feels so long because I have to wait until day 14 of my next cycle and then take norethisterone for 12-14 days and then have another period before starting my FET meds. Have you started your FET now?

AFM - I'm now worrying about the possibility of our one blast not surviving the thaw on the day of transfer. My clinic tells me that between 90-95% survive the thaw, but other clinics report survival rates of upwards of 97%. Does anyone know anything about blast survival rates post-thaw or have any experience of this? I get the impression it's very unlikely to happen, but I'm paranoid given we only have one good blast and if it doesn't work it's back in for round 2.

Hope you all enjoy the bank holiday weekend! Hopefully we'll be in for some decent weather!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Fyfey: yes we have cycled before I remember. How are you? I have never heard of bemfola before x glad the cyst isn’t affecting the cycle for you xx

NJR: thank you for the welcome and good luck for your OTD x

Hey Dusky lovely xx

Hi Doj, I will be on the highest stimms at 450miu i habe ever been due to slow response even tho my amh is quite good. but this is a new protocol so I appreciate the information thank you x good luck with your cycle.

Hi mudra, I will be on 450 stimms (highest i have ever had) ans will be gonal F and menopur i believe. They did explain it but my head is mush lol so not sure after that however I believe because of slow response and longer stim times thats why they changed protocol tho I’m happ To do whatever works. They said it will decrease my stim time x

afm: still waiting on af lol 😂 i feel it will be late because i want it to come ha ha x

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fey - You must be climbing the walls, at least there is progress now, eh?

Mouse, how are you? When did you say you're booked in for a scan?

NJR Holy crap, that was an experience going through the new departure stuff wasn't it? Our covid test didn't have our DOB on so we were refused boarding - queue a 9pm sunday night phone call to the clinic to get it rectified - email came through with amended covid cert with 10 minutes to spare, rushed back into the airport to check in - checked in with 6 minutes to spare then legged it down to boarding - which was one of the last bloomin' gates in the airport. While we were waiting for the emails you could see lots of irate people having not completed correct forms, or tests like ours not quite right. Anyway, have you tested yet or you managing to hold off?

Lawrean how are things going? When do you fly out - and where are you cycling? I missed that bit?

Duskey AF arrive on time?

Pritamin - I am so sorry you've had to abandon the cycle, but seriously, from my experience, loads better to do it now than too late and lots of money spent! What clinic in Czech are you looking at?

GFOH, no words lovely. This journey really does suck.

Dogi timing never works the way we hope, does it? Hope you do manage to get away at some point.

mumsy2be best of luck this weekend, and congratulations on your book!

Mudra - Congratulations on the blast, though i fully understand it can be disappointing and you want to punch people in the throat who want to big up the win. ;) My daughter has a genetic condition with a 50% chance of passing it on, she is 26 (I was still a foetus when i had her) and is starting to explore her options. Not an easy situation to be in.

Dee - I'm sure we've cycled together before too - maybe one of my attempted cycles. Thats a heafty dose, how closely are they monitoring you?

AFM.... well... What a disaster of a cycle that was. It's only saving grace was that the weather was amazing and i've massively improved my vitamin D levels as a result. I never scanned before we left, and to be honest, my anatomy is a disaster anyway. My uterus is huge - like a solid mass the size of a 5-6 month pregnancy, only one ovary is visible the other is attached to the uterus, but is only visible when scanning as though you're looking from the lower ribs. So, unless my amazing sonographer in scanassure Manchester has availability we don't bother. I get out there, 2 follicles, 3 cysts, 3 x 2-3cm cysts on my one working ovary. Went for egg collection anyway, aspirated the cysts which turned out to be chocolate cysts (I was diagnosed with endo at 16 - I'm 44 now) 2 eggs, 1 egg fertilised didn't reach blast. To be fair, it was a long shot anyway. But really Grrrr 5k down with not even a blast is so frustrating! Still have one blast in the freezer, but i've convinced myself it won't thaw properly.

So now i'm home in isolation. We came home with Randox tests booked, we get a call from public health Wales saying they don't accept those tests in Wales and so on... I work for the local authority in adult social care commissioning - we've worked our backsides off during covid and worked closely with the local public health team... so me on my soap box starts to really get frustrated, they didn't want us driving the 50 miles to drop off the test... but didn't mention we could use a courier - which after the second call turns out we could, then after further digging it seems we could post the test, then it got better - because i'm working from home and i can isolate for 14 days i don't need a bloody test at all! But get this... you can't get home unless you've a test booked. The whole system is an absolute shambles.

I'm now sat waiting for AF to arrive with a uterus that is so inflamed i can't get comfortable. I've bought incontinence pads ready for the period, not your average pads, these things are nursing home standard ;D so between this and the mats on the bed, then the huge pain meds, i should be just about ok... I seriously need to get my head around DE and just get on with 3 months down reg.

Ha, felt good to get all that out! ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mudra - I hope the genetic counselling helps with making a decision. I can see why you would like the reassurance of having another option on your transfer day if somethings happens with the thaw. I think the natural FET transfers seems faster, as you don't have the medication to time everything in the prep month. My prep month I didn't have to do anything, just wait for my period to arrive the next month. I had my egg collection at the start of March, so it feels like some much waiting. I hope your period arrives soon so you can start your medication.

8868dee - I hope the higher stims do their job once AF finally arrives. I really hope it isn't late for you.

Blodyn - I am so sorry your cycle has been such a disaster, how stressful and frustrating for you. I am so, sorry that you didn't end up with any blasts. I am also sorry that your uterus is so inflamed, you are so uncomfortable and your AF is going to be so horrendous. I hope that getting it all out has helped a little. I hope your journey with DE is a lot less stressful.

AFM - I had my surge today, another scan this morning. I was surprised my consultant actually did the scan (I have never meet him, just spoken on video calls with him). All looking great, my follicle is looking irregular so early signs of ovulation, so I still need to go in for another scan tomorrow. My DW and DS have gone away today and I am hoping to join them tomorrow.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh Blodyn, it sounds like you've had an awful time. I hope you managed to get at least a bit of relaxation on the beach. It was such lovely weather out there, I almost didn't want to come home to the grey skies. What's the plan for you next? Hope your AF is better than you're expecting, and if not, get plenty of rest and maybe a big tub of ice cream ;)

Mudra - when's AF due? Hope you don't have to wait too long. All the waiting feels like one of the hardest parts of IVF.

Dee - where are you cycling? Have you been with the clinic before, and they're just trying a new approach, or are you somewhere different?

Doji - Fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow. I've never done a natural FET, but I'm interested in the possibility. Why do they give you progesterone though? I would have thought if you've ovulated, your body would be making enough naturally.

AFM, test day is tomorrow and I haven't tested at all yet. Partly because I want to hang onto the possibility of being pregnant, and partly because if I get a negative test it would make having the injections a lot worse, and I know my clinic won't let me stop them before tomorrow. I thought I was getting symptoms a few days ago, as my sense of smell was really strong, but that's disappeared now, and to be fair I've had it on a negative cycle as well, so it may just be something to do with the progesterone I'm taking.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi all how are we all? Thank goodness we seem to have some sun and the rain has temporarily stopped!
Just a quick one from me will catch up later with everyone.

Blodyn my goodness what a stress I am worrying so much about making sure I have all the right documents and bits in order. I am cycling at Serum where did you cycle? Bless you I hope AF is kinder to you and you can cycle again ASAP.

NJR everything crossed for tomorrow.

AFM I had lining scan last week all good so far so flights booked and transfer for this Friday so all systems go to book everything. Just a flying visit and back home on Saturday. I’ve booked Randox I need to check now they are accepted in England I hope so. I just need to book the day 5 test to release.
xxx

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, it turns out I'm an idiot and don't actually have a home test here. I thought there was one at the back of a draw, but apparently not, and we're in quarantine so we can't go out and buy one. I've ordered one from Amazon, which will arrive tomorrow. 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
449 Posts
NJR - oh no to having no tests in the house, you have got massive strength in not testing early. Everything crossed fro a BFP for you tomorrow.

Lawreann - Good luck for a smooth transfer on Friday and all goes to plan with your flights, etc.

AFM - Ovulation has been confirmed with my scan today. All booked for transfer on Saturday, I start my progestrone and inhixa (blood thinners) tomorrow. I am so pleased that the clinic is now allowing partners in for embryo transfer! I am now on a train on my way up North/East for a few days, looking forward to being close to a beach for some chilling time.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Blodyn: yea I vaguely remember your name. They will be closely monitoring me but i am such a slow responder i think they jump in meds is needed to be honest. Hopefully will mean less stimm days fingers crossed x. Oh no love really sorry to hear your cycle was a disaster:( x and your in so much pain x i can only imagine how frustrating it must br for you xx take it easy love xx 😘

Doj: yeah I hope the stims make a huge difference this cycle, as long as my af arrives i am now 7 days late 😕. I am 38 this year and the last dew months my cycles have become irregular. Last month was 24 days and the month before 47 then the month before that my normal 29 days. So I usually got by my normal cycle but i have no ides tbh when it will come. Good luck for transfer x I can’t wait for that
NJR: so my first clinic was GCRM glasgow and i have my daughter from a fet there however after 2 cancelled fresh cycles in 2016 due to poor response they refused to put my meds up from 200 menopur and said I should think about not continuing with treatment. I was devastated. So we changed to Glasgow royal infirmary private side where they do ICSI only unless the client prefers regular ivf.
We had 1 fresh with them on 300iu gonal F and got 11 eggs which went to 5 and 2 transfers of 2 both BFN. They said the egg quality wasn’t the best and then changed my protocol to this one hoping for a better response x good luck for testing love xxx

lawreann: good luck forFriday xx

Afm: well i am now 7 days late for AF which is typical considering im due to start Tx but last 2 months they have become irregular. My usual is 29
Days but last month was 24 days and the previous was 47 so i guess could be any time. I am wondering if it was my age but had bloods doen and my clinic say hormones are good. So i don’t know lol,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, I've tested and it's a bfn. I'm really devastated, as we have no embryos left and have to start all over again. I'm also fed up of having to go to Greece, as it just makes everything more complicated, so I think we'll look at UK clinics. I'm worried about the cost though, especially as we have no idea why the transfers aren't working now when my first one worked.

Hope the rest of you ladies have better luck than me. x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greetings all,

8868dee - I found it all very confusing when my clinic first explained all the drugs and dosages I'd be on. It was totally over my head! It'll be good if this new protocol you're on will reduce your stim time. When do you actually start your cycle? My AF was also delayed just before I was about to start my prep month. It is very typical when you want it to arrive as quickly as possible so that you can get cracking. Hope your AF shows up asap!

Blodyn - Thank you, I'm very pleased we've gotten this far, but I've been terrible with all the uncertainty and waiting there is with the IVF process. I've been such a worrier throughout it all, I think mainly because we've had such bitter experience of things going wrong in the past. Re your daughter, she should be able to get up to 3 rounds of IVF with PGD through the NHS, which is what I'm having. I'd be happy to provide details of how I went about it if that'd be helpful, as I didn't know any of this until a year ago (sorry if you already know all this). I'm glad you feel better after getting your frustrations out on here! Sometimes it's good to just vent. Sorry you've been through such a torrid time of it all! Hope you're able to at least get some comfort, but a swollen uterus doesn't sound very pleasant at all.

Dojiejo - Hoping we'll be able to get some more info from the genetic counsellor, but I'm not holding out too much hope for our little mosaic as I know they are much less likely to take than a genetically normal blast. I've reassured myself a little more about thaw survival rates, as the stats for our clinic on the HFEA website shows that less than about 1% don't survive. This is despite the clinic telling me their thaw survival rates are around 90-95%, which I think is them erring on the side of caution (at least I hope it's that). There's so much waiting around! You've done so well waiting since March. I had my EC at the beginning of May and I'm already tearing my hair out with the wait. That's excellent news that your transfer will be on Saturday! Must be good that's it's finally happening! Best of luck for Saturday, I'm rooting for you!

NJR - I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get the result you wanted. It must be so crushing for it to not work out after to getting to that stage! Really feel for you! Take care of yourself and take the time you need to deal with this in the way that works best for you. All the travel involved must make things a lot more complicated, but I guess the trade off is it's cheaper than the UK. It's a lot to consider doing IVF in the UK what with the costs involved. I know it's early days and you'll have to take time to recover from the outcome of your last transfer, but have you thought about cycling again straightaway again or will you take a bit of time to consider your options more first?

Lawreann - Good luck with your transfer on Friday. I am also rooting for you!

AFM - Nothing much to report, just waiting for AF to arrive (feels like watching paint dry, need to distract myself), but that probably won't be until next week.

·
Registered
449 Posts
NJR - I am so sorry that you didn't get your BFP. It is so devastating after everything you have gone through in the cycle. I hope your DH and you have sometime to take care of yourselves and each other. Sending you lots of love.

Murdra - Waiting for your AF to arrive is just so frustrating! You are right it is like watching paint dry. If you check out the HFEA website it give results for various things including embryos that did not thaw properly, which for 2018 was (that is for CRGH which is where I think you are).

8868dee - AF must know when we are waiting for it and therefore decides to come late. I hope it arrives soon.

AFM - I have started my medication, back to London tomorrow. The days are going quickly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Every time I come on here I feel guilty that I don’t have the time to read everyone’s posts, I’m so sorry, I really do mean to and then time just disappears and another week has gone and I am behind...

NJR I am so so sorry to read of your BFN, it is such a hard and unfair journey, sending you massive love and hugs, I’m so sorry x

Seems like a few of us are waiting on AF, I am always 28 days, should have arrived on the 28th, still nothing! Had acupuncture yesterday too and was really hoping that would help but no pains yet 🙄 Meant to have first scan on Monday they won’t cancel it until I call with my day 1, would be pointless going even if it comes tomorrow x

·
Registered
449 Posts
Our FET went well, the embryo thawed without any issues and the whole process was smooth sailing. OTD 19th May, so the long 2WW begins. I also managed to squeeze acupuncture session in before the transfer!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just had my phone call regarding my progesterone levels from my bloods yesterday.

My level is 90 so a great level, but now wondering can progesterone be to high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 118 Posts