Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dusky - No worries about not being up to date on posts. Don't feel guilty:) Sometimes there's just not the time in the day to do it all. I hope your AF shows up soon! It's always late when we want it to show up. Mine is also taking it's sweet time!

Dojiejo - I'm so pleased that your transfer went smoothly and nice work getting an acupuncture session in beforehand. I'm planning to do the same if I can. I'm afraid I don't know anything about whether progesterone can be too high, but possibly someone else on here will be able to provide some info on that. It sounds like you have a great level though and things are looking positive. I hope you're trying to relax after your transfer, and I've got fingers and toes crossed for you!

Mudra

·
Registered
93 Posts
Doji - glad your transfer went well, good luck for your 2ww.

Mudra - we can't cycle again immediately as we use donor embryos and we only had 2 from the last round, both were transferred, so now we have to wait again for 4-6 months till they find another donor. We're thinking about finding somewhere in the UK with a shorter waiting list, and looking at pricing options because it's just so expensive but we're wasting so much time having to wait for donors.

Dusky - fingers crossed you get AF soon, it never comes when you want it, does it?!

AFM, my clinic has suggested I have a uterine biopsy to see if my miscarriage may have altered something in my womb like bacteria/progesterone receptivity, etc. It's all a bit experimental, but they can't figure out why I have a relatively healthy womb and healthy donor embryos and nothing has worked since my miscarriage. I'm honestly willing to try anything, so fingers crossed this gives us some answers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Evening All,

Hope everyone is well...

NJR - Im so sorry to read this, take time for yourself!! Take care!!
I hope you can find somewhere suitable in the UK for you to cycle. I had a endometrium biopsy back in Feb, feel free to ask away if theres anything you want to know.

Doji - So glad to hear that your transfer went well, hows the TWW going? I had a wee laugh to myself when I read your comment about progesterone being too high, isn't it funny how our minds work... we worry regardless don't we? sorry I can't be of any help re-the levels though!

Blodyn - Im gutted for you!! However it sounds like you have a plan moving forward, which always helps! Hope your taking the time to do things for you!! Take care x

Dee, Mudra and Dusky - Any sign of AF yet? Isn't it always the way, late when we are desperate to get going with a cycle!!

Lawreann - How did the transfer go? How you coping with the TWW??

AFM - So I started stims (Bemfola) on Friday 28th May, I went in for an action scan on Friday 4th June (day 8, although only 7 injections).. I had 4 half decent sized follicles (2x12,13 and 15) there were quite a few under 10 as well and a lining of 12.4!!. They think the cyst has gone, however because cysts and follicles look identicle then it's hard to tell if it's gone or if it's shrunk and it could be what they think is a follicle.
Anyway, I left the clinic on Friday with some more Bemfola, feeling quite disheartened and with another appointment for today (Monday 7th June), so at todays scan I had quite a few with follicles measuring 12,13,14,15,16 and 17! However only one at 17, my clinic like to see 2 at 18 or 3 at 17 before they trigger!!
So Ive to return again tomorrow for another scan and they will decide wether I will trigger tomorrow night or Wednesday night, with EC either Thursday or Friday.
I left the clinic feeling much happier today though! So either way, I will have had EC done by Friday.

I will keep you all posted on how the EC goes and what we get!

Take Care x

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good evening ladies,
Fyfey- fingers crossed for some juicy follicle growth tonight.

doji- my 2ww partner how is it going? When is your test date? I don’t know about progesterone either I’m afraid I always worry mine is too low but

AFM I had my transfer done last Friday I have 3 embryos on board. I already feel I’m going mad and I’m only 3dp 5dt!! The trip to Greece was short was only there for 24hrs and now in 10 quarantine. Had the home office on my door step day 1 at 8:30am and had a phone call each day so far.
Sending lots of hugs and baby dust to you all xxx

·
Registered
449 Posts
NJR - I hope the uterine biopsy gives you the answers you need. I have everything crossed for you.

Frfey - Hope the scan goes well tomorrow, fingers crossed the ones measuring 15 and 16 catch up before you have your trigger. I have laughed at myself with my ridiculousness as well. I told by wife my concern about the progesterone and she wouldn't' even entertain the conversation as the nurse said it was a good level. I'm sure I will find something else to focus and stress on.

Lawreann - I hope your quarantine goes well, 3 embryos on board, fingers crossed for you. Glad to have a 2ww partner, my OTD is 19th June.

Hope everyone else is going well.

AFM - Currently 2dp 5dt. This progesterone is giving me grief, I fall asleep on the couch this afternoon and have been feeling nauseous on and off. Clearly too early to be any type of symptom, falling asleep will most likely be due to the 5.30am wake up call from my DS this morning.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
NJR: i am so so sorry for your bfn lovely x. Hopefully love that may give u some answers fingers crossed for your next cycle and thr everything goes ok x thinking of you xx

Mudra: so as soon as my af was here i was to ring up and now it arrived yesterday i have my baseline scan tomorrow at 11.30 where they will tell me whenxi start injecting x it is confusing but i hope it will be a better response x

Doj: yea our af must certainly know, thiscycle i went to 41 days 😳. Talk about making me wait lol x how are you now after transfer ? How many did u put back? Aww good luck on the 2ww, i hated the progesterone partof my last cycle it’s messy isnt it :(

Dusky: hello lovely, finally my af arrive yesterday evening so now have my scan booked for tomorrow xx how are you? Xx

fyfey: yeah finally my af arrived last night at 6 lol 😂. Good luck for collecting lots of eggies love x my clinic will not trigger until a minimum of size 18 and even then will only trigger if 2 or more x they prefer them at 20 tho lolx no idea what size they get yo before they naturally ovulate x

lawreann: hope all went well good luck with 2ww. Wow 3 on board. I don’t think i met anyone ever who has had 3 on board d good luck xx are youin quarantine for 10 days? Xx

Afm: so finally my af arrived yesterday 7th june lol so now i have a scan booked in at clinic st 11.30 then will let me know when to start my medication. Im so excited now lol x my apologies for noy being on the last week i just didn’t want to bore anyone woth my constant no updates on my part x

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi everyone, hoping I can join you guys. I'll take some time to read back on some previous posts but will start by introducing myself.

I'm trying for a sibling for my DD. She was conceived using DE back in 2019 at IB in Spain. We had 6 embryos frozen after her cycle and I had a FET back in August last year which was successful but sadly ended in miscarriage. Now the travel restrictions have become a bit more relaxed I'm hoping to go at the end of June to try a FET again. My period started yesterday, started the medication today (Progynova) and have my lining scan booked for the 17th.

Sending lots of baby dust to all!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi and welcome Love_Lucy, so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Great that you have started your meds for FET, so exciting, wishing you so much luck.

Hey 8868Dee, yay to AF arriving!! Was your scan yesterday or is it today? So great we are finally getting going :) So lovely to be cycling with you again hon xxo

Doj, sorry the prog is giving you grief, what have you got planned for the 2ww, I know it doesn’t but I pray it goes quickly for you 😬🤞

Lawreann, wow 3 lovely embies on board, hope they are getting all nestled in and cosy.

Fyfey, how did your scan go? Hope your follies are getting big and juicy.

NJR, I’ve not had one but a uterine biopsy sounds like a great idea, as you say anything is worth a shot x

Mudra, thanks x any sign of AF yet?

Afm, af finally arrived, Day 1 was Sunday, left a message at the clinic and emailed, no one got back to me Monday, I kept calling and finally got hold of someone at the end of the day before they shut 😠 Really feel ignored by them these days. Anyway, started Buserelin yesterday, have scan Friday... am desperate to know what the Embryologist’s advice is re what to put back (have 3 frozen embies, one top grade, one just below and one ok, want DET but not sure with which ones...), they said they will chat the week before.

Anyway, waffle waffle, feel very detached from
This cycle, hate that feeling, though possibly better than my usual obsession 🤔

xx

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hi and welcome Lucy :) good luck with your FET :) x

Dusky: my scan was today thiz morning at 11.30. All went well and nurse gave me my first injections eeek. I know finally we are on our journey x this is my final fresh cycle x. I hope you feel better about this cycle as you go on love x keeping all crossed for you xx

hope everyone else is good and doing ok x

Afm: scab went well this morning and got my drugs lol. I am taking 300 Gonal F and 150 menopur daily in the am and then from friday im to also take 0.25 of Fyremadel every evening. Am back Wednesday at 11.30 for a scan and bloods x

·
Registered
449 Posts
8868dee - Your AF sure did keep you waiting. Glad your scan went well. Good luck for your scan and bloods next Wednesday and that you don't have many side effects from your stims.

Dusky - I'm so sorry that your are feeling so ignored by your clinic. I understand the feeling of being detached from the cycle. I have felt like that numerous times.

Love_Lucy - Welcome and sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Really hope this FET is a success for you.

AFM - I am now 4dp5dt! I have been trying to kid myself that I am not going to symptom spot, I tend to sayto my DW anything that could be a symptom is related to my progesterone but secretly hoping that it is in fact a symptom (despite me knowing it is to early and it is just the progesterone). I have been nauseous on and off, Itchy nipple last night, (Sorry for the TMI) I had some white milky discharge this morning and a throbbing headache this afternoon. I am currently have a discussion in my head about testing early, as when I have had IUI I would also test 14 days post (so 15 dpo) so surely. I can knock 5 days off the OTD! Equally, even if it is positive I won't be getting to excited after my previous miscarriage and chemical pregnancy. Wonder why I have a headache ^idiot^

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Doj: I hope I don’t have to many symptoms lol 😂 I usually cope quite well but this is a major leap in meds so who knows lol 😂. Awe iam with you on thr headache with thr 2ww i always have inside my head arguments regarding testing early. I am going to try not to but I probably will do lol 😂. Its a mental head doer for sure this process xx when is OTD ? Is it the 19th ? X

·
Registered
449 Posts
8868dee - The 2ww is definitely a mental head doer! I hope the increased meds do the trick for you . My OTD is 19th, 9 days away. Today I have felt very emotional, like I do before my AF arrives, so feeling like this isn't a great sign.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Morning everyone,

Hope everyone's doing OK and that you've all been enjoying the nice weather.

NRJ - The waiting time for a donor sounds very frustrating. Hopefully there's somewhere in the UK with a much shorter waiting list, but as you say it's so much more expensive in this country, so it's a difficult balance to strike between waiting times and cost. On uterine biopsies, I was listening to a fertility doctor based in Canada just last night who was talking about how alterations in bacteria in the womb can affect endometrial receptivity and he felt the test you mention was worth doing for those who've had previous miscarriages or multiple implantantion failure. Whatever you decide to do I hope you're able to get the answers you need.

Fyfey - AF finally showed up on Wednesday this week. Doesn't half like to keep me waiting sometimes! Sounds like you have a good crop of follies. Your smaller follicles will probably catch up a bit before you have your EC. I hope everything went well with your EC and that you get lots of eggs!

Lawreann - Glad your transfer went well! Keeping everything crossed for you. I can well imagine that you'd need the patience of a saint to get through 2WW.

Dojiejo - I hope you're surviving the 2WW and that the progesterone is being a little kinder to you now. Hoping you get good news next week and that all the symptoms you're having are for the right reason! Do you mind if I ask you about what happened on your transfer day? Did they defrost your embryo when you were in the clinic and do partners need to attend the clinic on the day of transfer?

8868Dee - Excellent news that your AF has finally shown up and your first scan went well! How're you finding the stims so far?

Love_Lucy - Welcome! Hope your FET treatment is going well so far. Will you have your lining scan on the 17th at a clinic in this country before flying out for your FET at the end of the month?

Dusky - AF finally showed up on Wednesday this week. I was starting to think it never would earlier this week. Glad your AF also arrived, but sounds like a bit of a pain with your clinic. Have you been able to speak to an embryologist about DET? Being a little detached may be better than obsessing, but then I couldn't say for sure as I've only ever been in the obsession phase.

AFM - Now that my AF has started, I have a consultation with the nurse on Monday morning to run through the copious amounts of drugs I'll be on for FET. I should also be arranging for delivery of all my medications.

Take care all
:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mudra85 - How exciting, not long till you start your cycle. Good luck with the nurse appointment and getting all your drugs! I didn't ask about when they thawed the embryo, they did a quick ultrasound check, my bladder wasn't full enough so they gave me some more time to drink so more water to fill it up, we spoke with the embryologist, confirmed my identity multiple times, rescan me and then when everyone was ready they came and done the transfer. Everything was pretty smooth and the most comfortable transfer I have ever had. It was the first time through the whole process my wife was able to attend which was great as she was unable to attend any of our previous appointments for our FET last year including my multiple scans when I miscarried. I have everything crossed for you.

8 days till OTD, I am working all weekend so that should keep my mind busy enough and stop me from testing as I leave work early and my wife will be asleep and we always are together when we test.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dojiejo - Thanks for the detail on your transfer. It does sound like it went very smoothly! I hope mine goes just as smoothly, but I'm very good at finding things to worry about at every step of the process. I'm going to ask for some more details at my nurse's consultation on Monday, as the FET treatment plan the clinic has sent me says that both partners are required to attend the clinic on transfer day to sign off that we're happy for our embryo to be thawed. There's a small possibility that DH may not be able to attend the clinic on transfer day, so I'm wondering whether me going in for the transfer by myself would be a problem (although hopefully that won't be necessary).

I hope work keeps your mind off things this weekend. Just 8 days to go, although I know that must feel like forever away.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Morning Ladies,

Another week down!

Dee - So glad to hear that the scan went well and you now have your injections! Hopefully things are looking good come Wednesday and you are in for EC soon!!

Doj - Im also a serial symptom spotter, I just can't help it!!!! Im even planning on the days that I might start to test, last time i tested out my trigger!!

Lawreann - How is the TWW going for you? 3 embies, wow!!!!! how exciting!!

Dusky - Hope the scan has went well today, got everything crossed for you! Keep us posted!

Mudra - Let us know how Monday goes, you must be excited!!

NJR - How are you hun?

Welcome Lucy!! :)

AFM - Well I triggered on Tuesday night at 10:15 and went in yesterday morning (Thursday) for EC.... We got 9 eggs (They had expected 13, but Id rather 9 at a better quality, than an extra 4 that arent up too much)... I had a bit of a sleepless night, waiting on the call from the embryologist this morning. Well I got the call half an hour ago and.... we have 7 that have fertilised!! Im really chuffed with 7 and just hope that we have at least 3/4 come Sunday (day 3) and then 1/2 that make it to blast!!!
Theres always a worry isn't there, I need to stop worrying about things that are outwith our control!! lol My own worse enemy!!

Take Care Everyone
F x

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Doj: this journey is by far an emotional rollercoaster x try to stay positive x 😘 sending u all the luck in the world xx

Mudra: yeah the stimms are ok, i feel quite tired and starting to get a few twinges so fingers crossed is a good sign x good luck on Monday with the consultation xx

Fyfey: yes I am super relieved to be on my way now. The injections are fine and i am just tired and twingy which is normal x i hope i am not on stimms long lol. Wow well done on 9 eggs and 7 embies x fingers crossed they carry on growing nicely for u xx

Dusky: how did the scan go ?

Everyone else hope u r ok x

afm: day 3 of stimms and i am feeling tired and slight twinges in my ovary area which is to be expected so not doing too bad lol I am to add another injection in tonight which is Cetrotide (a Generic name on the box lol this is so I don’t Ovulate) so from today 3 injections a day till my scan on Wednesday x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Scan was crap, my lining is still 10.6!! 😮 have never had that before, and had scan later than usual so thought it would be even better, normally I’m 2/3! So go back on 28th have scan see where things are and take Norethisterone to induce period 🙄 so all delayed by 3/4 weeks, I am so upset.

Doj, no such thing as TMI with us, you carry on :)

Dee, glad everything has got started now hon xx

Sorry for lack of personals, hope everyone has a great weekend x

101 - 118 of 118 Posts