Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Can anyone help as am a bit in the dark. Had my day 2 bloods done for the short protocol which were
FSH  9.3
LH 5.7
oest 116

They said that these levels were fine so come for scan day 3 - anyway got blood tests back and was scanned again by Dr R and I had a follicle which was 10mm and also my oestradiol had risen to 163 - so they said I could not start. Not too bothered about delaying but this has never happened before in 5 cycles! I am a bit concerned- is it common? Also it appears that the large follicle I had could mean that in fact my FSH reading was proably higher - this is from google ------- anyone have any info please thanks!!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hi Saab
t
I am certainly no expert but from what i know there is a concern that the one follicle will effectively soak up all the stimulating drugs and will dominate thus not allowing any additional follicles to grow and at 10mm it is already well on the way and if others did appear they wouldn't be able to catch up. Sometimes they aspirate but maybe in this case mr t decided it was better to let your natural cycle run its course and wait for next month.

So frustrating but at least you know that when you do start it will be with the very best foundation
Good luck and I'm sure there are others who may have more info for you

Kate

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Saab:  Stills is right, the cyst could soak up the stim drugs. High E2 can mask FSH (i.e. make it appear lower than it actually is) but at 116 your reading should be OK I believe; did it lower on day 3 with your increased E2 result?  And cysts are perfectly normal; they happen to many, many people and often just go away naturally.  I had it with one of my cycles and I was fine the following month.  All the best.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your replies.
I think because i am a poor responder they thought best just to start again next month.
Jo - it was a follicle not a cyst (had a cyst once too!) = have no idea what my FSH was on day 3 - wld be worth finding out to see if my FSH was actually higher - thanks for the advice!
do you think it means that I will ovulate earlier than normal if my follicle is already 10mm?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Ah, yes, I've just scrolled back  ^idiot^  Wow, that follie was keen to get off the starting block early ;)  You 'may' ov early, or the follie may slow down I guess... probably get to wait 'til next month when all the follies can wait for the starting gun.  You may be cycling with me as I'm hoping to go next month, assuming I get over all the other hurdles. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts