Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,  :)

i was just wondering if anyone could remind me how to check my cycle following a lapro, do i go back to day 1 or carry on as if the lapro didn't happen.

i'm just seeing a new homeopathic doc next monday and thats when my normal af would be due but i'm not sure if the effects of the lapro incl the shed of the womb lining. 

i've had 2 lapro's before but in both cases i was on meds so it wasn't normal cycling anyway. if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it i'm hoping that we can start  ^BMS^ fairly soon so i'm trying to keep track of my cycle.

hopefully one of you lovely ladies can help me,

^hugme^ jo xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi :)

You may find that after the lap your cycles are a bit irregular...and often more heavy and painful for the first few.  However, some women find their cycles are completely regular and normal afterwards....again one of those things that there's no definite answer too I'm afraid.

I've had times when AF arrived on time, others where it's been delayed a few days......

I always count as normal, as if didn't have the lap, as the bleeding you have when you've had a lap isn't a menstrual bleed but due to the operation.........

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi natasha,  :)

thanks so much for replying to me, i was in the garden making the most of the weather while i can.

i've been thinking again and i think that last year my af came exactly a month after my op, in fact i think i remember it  now cos i thought it was amazing that it came along as if nothing happened.

we are obviously anxious to get on with the old baby making but we want to make sure that i'm ok first and i'll probably wait til after my next af before actively trying just so things don't get confusing.

once again thanks for the advice it really helps to get some help with all the questions you feel to silly to ask anyone else.

love jo xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts