Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've seen this topic on here loads, but can I find it now I need the answers....No!

So, please help, did you continue cyclogest after a BFP, if so how much?
My clinic has told me to stop as soon as my test was positive but as I have some spare from last cycle I'm still taking it as too worried to stop, (have had 3 m/c, 1 heterotopic & bled until 22 weeks when pregnant with my little boy)

Thanks for your answers

Emma

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
My clinic continued until 12 weeks but thye are all different

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Emma

I was told to stop cyclogest during my 1st pregnancy after a few weeks. I bled on and off up to about 28 weeks and had some very scary moments. This time round I have been told to continue until 34 weeks. I will be 19 weeks tomorrow and have so far only experienced bleeding once and that was spotting. I know opinions vary on this subject but I think continuing as long as possible is well worth it. (despite the mess and side effects!) If necessary I would get a private prescription and pay (they are quite expensive though) I use one pessary in the morning and one at night.

All the best

SS

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Emma

I was told to stop taking them as my clinic says there is no evidence that it helps  ??? unsure if this is true or not. Like you I had some left over from previous cycles but decided not to take them, the way I was looking at it is that I'm sure the clinic knows what is best. Good luck on whatever you do  :)
xxx

·
Registered
250 Posts
i continued until i was 12 weeks although i wasn't on the make cyclogest but a different make much smaller pessaries will at lot less mess.
liz

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi,

I recently got my BFP and was taking Crinone gel untill OTD.  I wasn't given any more and told that if you are pregnanty your overies take over and produce the hormones naturally.....I was worried about this but so far (fingers crossed) everythings been ok.  Trust your clinic.

Mia x

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hi Emma

Congratulations on your BFP  :)

I was on Utrogestan this time instead of Cyclogest and was told by my clinic to continue until 12 weeks then wean off gradually. As i understand it, the placenta takes over the production of Progesterone after that. I actually carried on for a couple more weeks because of my thin lining issues.

I would be inclined to continue a bit longer if I were you- it can't hurt.

Linz xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts