Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ladies,iv just got a bfp with our 2nd try at ivf.were so happy!! spoke to the hospital 2day and they said they tell everyone to stop cyclogest after bfp...but zita wests book says to keep taking it up to 10 weeks.not sure whether to try and get it from pharmacy myself or not.have any of you ladies continued taking it or not.any advice would be great as ive only got 1 left and getting worried now.    take care love lynette.x

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi lynette ,and congratulations on your great news.
i was put on cyclogest from e/c and told to take it twice daily for the first 12 weeks.a lot of other girls have been told the same.i cant see what harm it would do you to stay on it as you would be helping your body out with the extra progesterone but im no expert.
have you considered putting this question on the 'ask a nurse thread?' you should get a lot of responses over there.
best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy
bubs

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi

After my BFP I had to stay on cyclogest (twice a day) until 12 weeks - then I weaned off to one per day until I ran out at 13 weeks.

Some clinics do stop cyclogest though when you get a BFP, but I think the majority keep people on it.

Good luck.

Kim
x

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrats on your  ^banana^  ^BFP^  ^banana^

I too was told to take pessaries 2 a day until I was 10weeks with this pregnanacy.  But last time I got BFP I was only told to take it til 7weeks. 

Best Wishes for your pregnancy.

Wendy x

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I was told by my clinic to get my doctor to prescribe it for the first trimester. And you know what? The [email protected] suggested I should pay for it privately!! I not so subtly pointed out that if he'd read DH's sperm test results properly 5 years ago I'd have been here a lot sooner, so now it's on the NHS!! Have also now found out I can get it for free and he told me I couldn't have an exemption form until I was at least 12wks!!! (little g*t!)
Lizi.x

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
What a  ^censored^ , Tell us where hes at  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Sorry, but had to butt in..

Lizi, can't believe your GP has said this.  ^tantrum^  What a load of bumpkum!!  ^bigbad^  Has he given you the form to fill out?  If not ring your midwife team - your GP surgery should give you this at least! and explain the situation to them.  You don't need the GP signature on there - a midwife signature will do.  There are absolutely no rules regarding when someone can have their prescription exemption card.  I'm fortunate not to need anything, but got my card through within a week of getting my BFP! 

Good luck

Claire
x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.