Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am FINALLY ready for my ET and this is going to go ahead on Tuesday or Wednesday but the hospital instructed me to start the cyclogest pessaries on Saturday and this shocked me as I didn't think they would start until after ET.  Is this normal and does anyone know why they start them before ET?

sarah xx

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Hiya sarah

in my last IVF i had to start cyclogest before ET too but i cant remember how many days before it all i remember is on ET day i had to use the back door instead of the front door so check on that but they all do different things dont they xx they said to me it was just extra support to the uterus  ;)

good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Sarah

Once again every clinic does things differntly  ^idiot^

My clinc you start the pessaries day after EC so you have one the night before ET and one the morning of ET, using the back passage and then you can change if you wnat...

Think it just helps with the linining.....

Good luck at ET

Netty

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Yes, it is normal to start progesterone before ET, I had done so on every treatment (with different clinics).  Progesterone is produced naturally by the body after ovulation, so in ivf giving progesterone after ec makes perfect sense.  The progesterone helps the womb be ready for implantation.

Hope this helps.
mini-me
xxx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
i started mine the evening of EC  ^hugme^

Good luck with your transfer  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I started taking mine the day before ET  :)  Each clinic does it differently so I wouldn't worry too much.

Lots of luck

x x x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts