Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I got my first BFP ever on Christmas day (after 2nd cycle of IVF/ICSI) which I'm over the moon about  :) :) :)... BUT... I'm suffering from crippling pains at night. I'm being tested for an ectopic (quantitative HCG levels) but after an initial scan that looks unlikely, and I don't have any bleeding. Given that I take my cyclogest at night I'm convinced that is what is causing the pains. It is central and felt like period pains when I was taking it the front way (sorry tmi) and now I have swapped to the back it is more like severe bowel cramping (accompanied by an upset stomach).

Would love to hear if anyone else experienced anything similar? I'm trying to swap to Crinone but the clinic says side effects are likely to be the same. I can't help but worry about the effects it might be having on my pregnancy.

BiscuitBrown

·
Registered
104 Posts
congratulations on your pregnancy,
what a fantastic Christmas gift.... ;D
when u had your last scan did they check to see if you and any ovarian cysts???
some women get sever OHSS which can cause alot of problems, so if u are in alot of pain
go back to your Dr or hospital...
it could be OHSS or a cyst.
or it might be your body just getting used to the new hormones
i hope you feel better soon and have a very happy and healthy pregnancy  ^hugme^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! It was a great Christmas gift, wish I could relax and enjoy it now!

On the scan my ovaries were enlarged with several large cysts or corpus luteums, but no more than would be expected after IVF they said. There weren't any signs of OHSS, but he did say blame the pain on the ovaries. Doesn't really explain the bowel cramping though. Fingers crossed it gradually starts to fade....

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Put it back to the front.i used it up the back cycle first cycle.had really bad stomache pains and it was awful.second cycle did it up front and had no probs.alittle messy after half hr layin down but just wear a panty liner.congrats

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi. I also suffered from agonising (what felt like period type) stomach cramps which would wake me up in the night during the 2 week wait. I was convinced I was getting my period at first, but the clinic told me it was probably a side effect of taking cyclogest and sure enough when I got a BFP and the cyclogest was stopped it went away. I did have OHSS after ET though, so don't know if there was a link with that. It may just be something you have to put up with until you stop the cyclogest..how long have you been recommended to take it, with my clinic it was just for the 2 week wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.