Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry but I've got a funny question to ask - I am using the cyclogest pessaries and am inserting them rectally - I was just wondering how long the pessaries take to dissolve and how long before you can go to the loo - I can't see this on the box? thanks a lot

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi!

Some clinics are different, our clinic said I was to take 2 pessaries at the same time. So what I did was insert them rectally just before I went to bed so that I wouldnt need the loo until at least the next morning and wouldnt worry about losing any of the precious progesterone! As far as I remember, the actual progesterone is absorbed within the first half an hour so and the stuff left over is the waxy stuff that isnt required - if you want to play it extra safe, dont go to the loo for about an hour afterwards!

Good Luck with tx!

Adrienne

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Adrienne - I have to take one in the morning and one in the evening - this morning I just haddd to go to the loo after 2 hours - I think that should be ok shouldn't it? Thanks for the help - just need to get my progesterone levels up and don't want to lose any!!

Congratulations ^party^ on your pregnancy! You must be on  ^cloud9^ tiggy

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hiya TJ

Just wanted to add that my clinic advised not to go within an hour of using the pessarie.  So you will be fine.

Clare  ^reiki^
x

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Claire and congratulations ^banana^ to you and DH on your BFP - fantasstic news x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.