Votes: 21 19.3%
  • other - please comment

Votes: 15 13.8%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been having a conversation with Jo, where this lovely subject cropped up.

She told me she started her pessaries on day of EC. Which intrigued me as I've always started them on the night of my ET!

It's also something that played on my mind - this time around I had a day 3 transfer, which meant I effectively started my pessaries a day later than I would usually.

I am worrying that this delayed a build up of progesterone and perhaps this is why my af arrived early? On the other hand, I'm just a born worrier! So please let me know your experiences!

Thanks

Sue :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Sue
As you know I start mine on the evening of EC, and have done for every cycle, but i am wondering why our clinic said i didn't need them last time, after I got pg, where other clinics keep you on them for 12 weeks ???
What do you make of that ??
Jo :-*

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Lovely Subject!!!!!

I started them on the day of ET for my fresh cycle and I was a day 3 transfer, so Sue sorry but that may scupper your theory?

Love Sue
xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi sue ;)
I have just been through all my old notes ::) and i started the pessaries on the day of EC and had to continue with them for the first 12 weeks. It was a fresh cycle and day 3 transfer.
Hope this helps
Love Kim :-*

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Folks

I started them on evening of ET and have to continue to end of tenth week of pregnancy.

Lucy xx

·
Registered
57 Posts
hiya sue

i started my pessaries the night before et u can guess which route! i stopped taking them this time the day i tested +tive, last time i stopped taking them the day af arrived !

take care hun

heart
al

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi girls
i started mine on day of transfer too one morning one night and mine is 3 day transfer
love lilly ^spin^

·
Registered
1 Posts
I started 400mg pessaries on day of ET.

I've got my first pregancy test on next Monday - I'm on the cylogest pessaries (which are odd!) but starting to feel bloated like my period is due. Is this normal?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I started mine 2 days before ET. To continue till week 12 if positive or discontinue asap if negative.
Its making me feel very bloated & windy  ::) ::) ::) :-[

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Sue

I started mine on the day of e/c (well that evening), including morning of e/t which made me feel a bit yukky and embarrased, but they give you a 'rinse'!!!  This was then to continue for only 12 days whether pg or not. 

Every clinic seems to be different, although my pg was ectopic, i for one have often wondered if stopping pessies this early made a difference to the other embie as i bled 3 days after stopping pessies.....prob not...but i would have been happier to stay on for first 12wks just in case.

Sorry for waffling, this is prob a different vote!!!!

Love Nic xx

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Started day of EC. (Don't use one morning of ET!)

Stopped on BFN or carried on after BFP till first scan confirming pg.

Carole

xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi

I was advised the same as Carole by my clinic.

love & hugs

Camilla

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi all,

I had to start on the evening of EC!

Love Jen xx

·
Registered
251 Posts
I started with one up my bum from the Consultant on egg collection day.  I was mildly sedated at the time and saw/felt him do it together with an antibiotic.  I have been told to take them for 77 days, twice a day (12 hours apart) vaginally or rectally (must be rectally on morning of transfer otherwise it could interfere with the transfer), or until I get a negative blood test at which I should stop.

Hoep that's okeedokee, picketypokity!!

Lulu xx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Started mine the day after et I think.  Or maybe it was the evening of et.  And it's twice a day for me until test date.  then if it was bfn, for another week.

damn those pessaries, i hate them!  Still the side effects start to calm down by the 2nd week.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I am on my 2nd round with a thawed egg, so started on pessaries as soon as a transfer date was valid (about a week before). I don't remember this many pimples last time though, and I forgot how bloated I would feel!

As for how long you take them for, I think it depends on your results and everyone is different. I had a hormone level of 63 on my blood test yesterday, so my consultant perscribed me 2 more weeks of pessaries and I am having another blood test tomorrow.  Depending on those results, he may decide that I also need progesterone injections.  It makes such a difference to be this closely monitored.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hi

i started mine on ec night both this time & last time and have to take for two weeks.

dana xx

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I had to start mine morning after EC, back door, transferring to front door evening of ET. I was told the wind and bloatedness usually is due to back door insertion.

Thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nope, it happens when you use the front door as well. I guess it's all connected.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts