Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a bit concerned about how long the cyclogest takes to be absorbed by the body. Sorry if this is tmi but sometimes in the morning when i go to the 'toilet' i notice some of the cyclogest has come out (I am inserting rectally). Am I losing the much needed progesterone or do they give you enough to cover these eventualities. I take them twice a day.
Also since my ET on friday I have been getting up for a wee about 4 times in the night (roughly every 2 hours), is this normal, could it be because they've played around with my uterus and it is still enlarged and pressing on my bladder. This wasn't happening before and it doesn't happen during the day.

Thanks
Filo

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Filo,

I was told to try and leave the toilet for an hour after inserting cyclogest rectally. Anything that comes out after that is fine, it is just the vegatable fat that surrounds the pessaries.

Interestingly I found this time that I was going to the loo to wee several times during the night but only normally during the day??? Not sure what that was all about, but sounds as though you are experiencing the same as me.

Best wishes and good luck with your tx.

Natalie x

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hi Filo,
I understand how you are feeling, same here. I started the cyclogest yesterday after EC, and was told if I my bowels moved within an hour, pop another one in.Trouble is, so far it is acting a bit like a laxative, and I have struggled to survive the hour (sorry if tmi). 

I am not sure what to do, is 50 mins enough ?  Anyone know what the implications are of too much cyclogest ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.