Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruth or if anyone has any experience of this.

I am on day 3 of taking my pessaries and this morning I noticed that a fair amount of the creamy pessary had come out of my body.  Is this normal or should it be remaining up inside if you know what I mean.

By the way what do these pessaires do.  I've also just worked out that they run out 2 days before testing should I get some more?  This is my first time of taking them.

Thank you for your help.

Superted

·
Registered
391 Posts
Morning Superted.

You should aim to retain the pessary for 20-30 minutes. The gunk that comes out is just vegetable fat.

Good luck

lolly X

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Yes, the pessaries do have a lovely habit of running out of you  ;D   Very glamourous, those pessaries!  
I always lay down for about 30 mins after inserting the pessaries, then went to the loo right after - that way, most of the 'left overs' went down the toilet.   :-[    and using a panty liner helps, too.
Or, you could put the pessary up the tradesmans entrance  ;D but thats entirely up to you!
Best of luck for your ^2ww^  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
I would ring your clinic and ask re: running out of pessaries, each clinic is different.

Marie xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi,

I'm still taking these lovely blighters and to be honest have kept to my bottom for their insertion and have had no problems (sorry if tmi) with any leakage or anything (except the dreaded constipation - but thats another story!!) That way I know they are in.  :)

I was informed that they are an additional hormone which helps with the womb lining and can help with preventing miscarriage and thats why it is important to keep using them now and whilst pregnant (14 weeks my clinic said, inlcuding these 2 weeks).

No doubt Ruth can confirm whether this is correct, as I am not 100% sure.

Best of luck whatever 'way' you choose.  ;D

Nat x x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi
my clinic has just changed its advice and now says instead of one twice a day, you can take 2 at night before bed so that you are lying down while they are absorbed.  They take about 20-30mins to absorb the progesterone, which tells your womb to get thicker to support the embryos. 
As far as I know you should be taking them right through the 2ww and as Nat says, if you get BFP you carry on for the first trimester.

If you use them as suppositories there is less leakage but I found I had terrible constipation. So I use them as pessaries at the front, and invest in a large pack of Carefree for your pants.  They leak everywhere especially in the loo.  Dont' worry it's totally normal, if a bit gross!! ;D

Claire x

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everbody for your help.

Ruth maybe you could let me know if I should get more pessaries as I said they run out 2 days before I test?  Should I keep doing them for a total 14 weeks too???

Thank you for your help.

Superted xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.