Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I went for an SIS ( saline scan) this morning as i am due to start D/R on the 16th and was told i have developed a small cyst on one of my ovaries. I was in absolutely total shock as i have never had this problem before. The doctor said it was completely normal and that if it wasn't gone on the day of my next scan that he would simply drain it. Could i have developed this from taking the pill this month? The doctor said no, but it just seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Feeling very emotional at the moment and not sure whether to start panicing or not. I have been placed on an antibiotic and a tablet to make me bleed within a day or two and have been advice to also keep taking the pill. Have any of you had a similar experience??????

Any advice with this subject would be greatly appreciated. :'(

I am desperately trying to keep on top of all this information but finding it so hard.

regards,
Becs

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cant help with advice, but can feel you are really uptight.....

^Cuddle^..thought this might help

take it easy xx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Hi becs

sorry i can't help you but have you posted on the ask a nurse thread or maybe you could use the search thingy to find out what others experiences are  ;)

good luck hun, pam xx

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks i will try that.
regards,
Bec

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello

My clinic have told me that cysts are quite normal and a number of women will have them.  Taking the pill is supposed to actually inhibit cysts which is why some clinics start you off on it before down regging.  I have had a couple of cysts and a lot of them go on their own usually during or just after a period.  I had a cyst drained by laporoscopy only two weeks ago and I couldn't believe it when I went for my day 21 scan to start my IVF yesterday and was told another one had developed in the two weeks!  They have started me down regging and fingers crossed it will go on it's own .

As your hospital have said they will drain it at your next scan if it is still there you should be ok.

Hope everything goes well for your treatment. :)

Helen

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Helen, its nice to have a little reassurance from someone who has had similar problems.
Best of luck with your treatment,
Bec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.