Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Bad news today - I had a scan done, apparently I have multiple immature follicles and the one that is larger than the rest has blood in it - nurse said that it is a Cyst.  Apparently this is not a normal scan result for someone with PCOS.  Nurse told me to have a blood test today for:  LH1 FSH 1  E2.

Preferably they wanted to scan me on Saturday but because the department is closed I will be re-scanned on Monday to keep an eye on the cyst.

They will then see - if its bad they may have to have a look internally (I think this would be exploratory surgery???).

Nurse also said that they may decide to stop the Clomid for a month or so.

Ruth - is this something I should be worried about??????  Should we still ttc?  My BBT did go up yesterday - do you think I could have ovulated???

Lots of Luv

Tweets XX

(on 2nd cycle of Clomid - now CD12)

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Tweets

I have a blood filled cyst. My understanding is that it is preferable to have them removed at some point. I have had mine since at least June and it has not stopped me progressing with IVF. It has been closely monitored through my tx. I will need an op next year to remove it though, I think.

Its good they are keeping an eye on you. I had 6 months of Clomid without a single scan  :(

Good luck to you

Nicky x

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nicky,

Thak you so much for your e-mail.  Yes - I suppose I am lucky that they are keeping an eye on everything.  Hopefully it will dissapear on its own.

All the best to you Nicky!

Tweets xx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tweets
Try not to worry too much.  I have had a total of five ovarian cysts removed and had my current cycle of IVF with a 5cm on my right ovary.  It can be a problem if they grow too big apparently but although I have been monitered closely, it certainly hasn't been considered a hindrance to the IVF cycle.
In fact, during EC the consultant actually drained the cyst and although I haven't had a scan since, I'm sure it is now much smaller than it was 2 weeks ago!
Hope that helps soothe your fears a bit.
Take care
Ally x  :)

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Tweets

Try not to worry hun.  They found 2 blood filled cysts at my Baseline scan and i really worried.  I have progressed with the cycle fine (tomorrow e/c!!) and if anything, the ovary with the cysts on it (4 in total) has responded better than my other ovary without cysts.
They closely monitored my cysts, and the stimms has not made them grow at all.

Hope all goes well for you.
Love
Kelly
xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts