Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I've recently had my 1st failed IUI attempt :(

I was told that I could start straight away with my 2nd attempt. When I went for the initial scan I was told that I have a cyst on one of my ovaries and will have to wait until next month to see if it has gone.

The doctor didn't seem to think that it was a problem, she said that it is a 'simple cyst'.

Do you think that this was caused by the drugs?

Is this quite common?

It's really frustrating as I just want to get on with it.

Thanking you very much in advance for your advice :)

Nicola

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nicola,

Sorry to but in but I had 2 cysts recently after an IUI cycle. They were simple ones and delayed my period by 3 weeks. All gone now and no problems! I was told they were quite comon and nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps!

Love Allison
x

·
Registered
856 Posts
NicolaJane said:
Hi Peter

I've recently had my 1st failed IUI attempt :(

Sorry to hear that!

I was told that I could start straight away with my 2nd attempt. When I went for the initial scan I was told that I have a cyst on one of my ovaries and will have to wait until next month to see if it has gone.

This is good practice

The doctor didn't seem to think that it was a problem, she said that it is a 'simple cyst'.

That's good, if it persists it will need draining which is a relatively easy procedure.

Do you think that this was caused by the drugs?

Possibly

Is this quite common?

Very

It's really frustrating as I just want to get on with it.

I know but it is worth waiting as the stimulation drugs could make the cyst grow very rapidly and potentially damage your ovary.

Good luck!

Peter

Thanking you very much in advance for your advice :)

Nicola

1 - 3 of 3 Posts