Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm currently on week 8 of DR and everthing that could have gone wrong seems to have happened to me. I've now been told I have a small cyst on my ovary and following blood tests the Doctor wants to aspirate it on wednesday. They do it under local. Just wondered if anyone can tell me what to expect. Thanks

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi Rachel,

I don't know but as I have a cyst and am about to start DR I asked the nurse how they would aspirate it if it didn't go and she said through the cervix, which I assumed they would do under local. I'm sure someone who has had it done will come along and tell you of their experiences soon.

Good luck & once it's gone on wednesday you can start stimming!  ^hugme^

Elle xxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I had a cyst all through DR and stimming, my clinic said it was ok to leave it until EC and aspirate it then as it was not causing me a problem.  I had sedation and didn't feel a thing.  Hope all goes well for you  :)

Suze x

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi,

I didn't DR as I was on  the short protocol but I also had a cyst at the beginning of my treatment. My consultant just kept a really close eye on it (given my history!) and said that as the other follicles grow, they will squeeze it like a spot  ;D  and 'pop' it.

It didn't cause me any problems and went sometime during my stimming.

Good luck with your tx!

Surferchick xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts