Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth,

Sorry for keep posting! Just can't seem to get my body back to normal!

After 1st ivf -BFN continued bleeding (still am 8 weeks later!!) got a BFP three weeks ago (Ivf or natural?? No one knows) then I miscarried! Now have pain in left ovary - scan showed a 3cm cyst last week.

Went back to clinic today, have been put on progesterone pills to sort bleeding. Clinic said to leave cyst even though has grown 1/2 cm in week. (Cyst is full of blood! YUK!)

Firstly i've been told to just take painkillers for 'cyst pain' Why is it painful?

Will the cyst burst or do they go down naturally?
Don't want to panic myself but is it dangerous if it bursts?

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Lots of love

Emmak

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Either could happen. If it just goes down then great. If it bursts it can be painful. I have a recurring cyst that pops up every few months and I can feel it as it pops and it can sometimes take my breathe away but never bad enough to have to see someone. It´s something I just live with!!
Have they booked a follow up scan for you? If not, ask for one as it should be monitored esp. if you plan on having another cycle of IVF.

Ruth

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Emmak,

I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c.

I'm not a nurse but just to let you know about my experience of cysts.  I've had a recurring endo cyst - I'm on my third now since last Nov.  My consultant said that it won't interfere with IVF and that, since for some reason this particular one isn't painful as the other two (6 cm at last check), then he wants to leave it there until egg collection.  This is because I had the two last year drained and a major op before that in July - so he'd rather I didn't have further 'procedures' if poss.

My first cycle was abandoned unfortunately in February but was nothing to do with the cyst apparently (didn't respond well), so I'm going to try again May/June time.

If my cyst becomes painful again though, I will have to have it drained as I couldn't live with it.  Do make sure that yours in monitored, as Ruth says, and don't put up with severe pain will you.  I suffered for weeks with my first cyst, waiting for a diagnosis, and I wouldn't do it again.

Good luck

BH x

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks to you both for replying.

I have to phone clinic next wed and will ask for a follow up scan then!

Emmak

·
Registered
479 Posts
Do cysts stop you conceiving?  I've been diagnosed with 2 cysts, a 2cm simple cyst in my right ovary and a 3.5cm endometrioma in my left ovary but my gp says they wouldn't stop me conceiving (have never managed to conceive so something else must be very very wrong!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.