Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Sorry to post this in more than one place but wasn't really sure where to put it.  Anyway I had a consultation with Daniel Elliott last night (in harley street - london acupuncture clinic) and was just wondering whether anybody else was being treated by him and what they thought?  I'm not really sure if i'm in to all this chinese medicine stuff but am so desperate I will try anything right now.  I have already had acupuncture during my last 2 treatments at Zita West but it didn't seem to make any difference.  He seemed very nice and very convincing that he could make a difference but am a bit of a pessimist and am not too sure?  Does anyone have an opinion of any experience of him?  Thanks x

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi RubyRoo,

I too have had acupuncture at Zita Wests but recently switched to seeing Daniel Elliott.  He came very highly recommended by some of my fellow London Girls (check our thread as we talk about him a lot ;D ) and 2 of them recently got a bfp.  I'm sure they'll reply to you themselves if they see your post.  I found him much more thorough than the girls at Zita's and I am going to stick with him.  For instance, at Zita's they stick to her protocol of when to have acupuncture sessions through the tx cycle, but Daniel is going to work with me throughout the 2ww as he thinks it could help me (I keep bleeding only a week after ET).  So its more individualised, which is how it should be given that we are all different.

Anyway enough of my rambling....
Good luck!!
Love Olwen xxx

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
HI ... i answered you under complementary therapies . ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi RubyRoo
I have been seeing Daniel since last October and I recommended him to Olwen who replied to you earlier.  I'm one of the two bfps she mentioned - I am pretty convinced much of it was down to the acupuncture. I had acupuncture with someone else before I met him and it wasn't as good.  I think he's very professional but also very kind and accommodating. I think for acupuncture to work trusting your practitioner is half the battle.  If you feel uneasy about it, it may not work as well.  I trusted him implicitly, as much (if not more sometimes) than my medical team at the clinic.  His treatments are half the price of Zita West's but much more individual and he is very well qualified.

He was telling me that he's had 20 BFPs so far this year and overall his success rate is 60%.  Better than your average IVF rate. 

Up to you, but I'm a big fan of his and although i don't think encouraging any cult of personality is healthy (one reason I steered clear of Zita West) I do believe personal recommendations are important - and I'd certainly recommend him and acupuncture for infertility. 

good luck,
Claire x

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi ladies,
thanks so much for your replies and your reassurance about daniel.  he really did seem nice when i saw him so i am happy to carry on seeing him - especially now i've heard your glowing references. i only wish i had started to see him earlier because i might only have about 6 weeks before starting tx again and i wonder if that's long enough?  did anybody take the herbs too or just have accupuncture?  claire, great news on your bfp and wishing you all the luck in the world for a happy & healthy pregnancy.  anyway, it's friday - hoorah! lots of love x

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hi,

I have seen quite alot about Daniel elliott the accupuncturist in London. I was wondering if any of you have his phone number and where abouts is he?

Thank you,

poppins x

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi
You can get Daniel on 020  7935 2030.  I go to him at 126 Harley Street - which i know he is at on a Thursday and I think another day or two.  He has another practice as well - not sure where - but I'm sure someone will know that.
My advice is to book asap with Daniel as it can take about 3 weeks to get on his books so to speak!
good luck and let us know what you think

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hi,

Thanks girls for the info.

poppins x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I would also highly recommend Daniel (or his team as I have had Christina and Danny for ET) they also bend over backwards to accomodate pre and post ET.  I trust Daniel more than my former clinic or Zita West.
L x

·
Registered
568 Posts
hi
I would also recommend Daniel-saw him and had a BFP after 7ivfs, I read about him and saw him with my final and successful ivf. he knows a lot about ivf, for eg, he understands a lot about the ivf terms which my previous acupuncturist(a woman!) did not understand  at all.
I conceived naturally after seeeing Daniel again for 6 sessions after my first child.
I have now 2 kids after 9 years  of IF and my youngest is 10months and Ill be off to Daniel again in July when she turns 1 yr-im 40. this time there is no stress involved which is also helpful
cheers and wish you all BFPs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.