Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D
Hiya Peter, hope you are well.
Could you help me understand what is meant by "dark cells in eggs" and "nursing cells surrounding eggs"?
This is the result of my first ICSI, got 3 eggs and out one was not good enough to try ICSI. Both of the remaining two fertilised and transplaneted two days after ec. One was grade 1 at 4 cells and one was grade 2 at 2 cells.
We have been advised to consider donated eggs and are currently on that path.
They said our chances are 10% at best for my own eggs and 30-40% for donated eggs.
Hope you can help.
Thanks.
WelshyXXXXX

·
Registered
856 Posts
jan welshy said:
;D
Hiya Peter, hope you are well.
Could you help me understand what is meant by "dark cells in eggs"

This does not make sense, the egg is one cell

and "nursing cells surrounding eggs"?

These are called granulosa cells and are perfectly normal

This is the result of my first ICSI, got 3 eggs and out one was not good enough to try ICSI. Both of the remaining two fertilised and transplaneted two days after ec. One was grade 1 at 4 cells and one was grade 2 at 2 cells.
We have been advised to consider donated eggs and are currently on that path.
They said our chances are 10% at best for my own eggs and 30-40% for donated eggs.

I am unlcear as to why donor eggs are being suggested. I think that some clinics try to run before they can walk!

Peter

Hope you can help.
Thanks.
WelshyXXXXX

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou Peter. My FSH went from 14 down to 10 at the last test. With this in mind and only getting eggs out of only five follies they seem to be pushing egg donation.
I shall ask about the dark egg and the suggestion about nursing cells as you say are 'quite normal'.I was on a high stimulating dose, in fact they said I could not go higher, 4X 75 of menopure.
We are quite stuck on what to do next. If there was a chance of us concieving through my own eggs we would try but the suggestion is being put to us strongly that we should consider egg donation.
Would you be able to advise us as to some questions we should ask at our meeting with the consultant On June 25th? I know this is putting you on the spot but we feel we do not or are not aware enough to ask the right types of questions.
Thanks so much for your help.
L
WelhsyXXXXXX

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Welshy,

Sorry to butt in but just thought I would let you know that I was prescribed 5 x75 of Menopur on the tx that I am having at the moment (Lister Hospital).

I too was told by my last consultant to give up or try donated eggs. My highest FSH was 12.1 but last one (tested March) dropped to 8.9 though they go by the highest I was pleased. I was told my chances of conceiving using my eggs was less than 10 pct. We changed clinics cos cons wouldnt consider doing anything different i.e. drugs, protocol etc. I felt I had to try one last go as I would have always felt I hadnt tried hard enough. Only time will tell.

Good luck with your meeting and hope your dreams comes true very soon.
Love
Gwyn

·
Registered
856 Posts
jan welshy said:
Thankyou Peter. My FSH went from 14 down to 10 at the last test. With this in mind and only getting eggs out of only five follies they seem to be pushing egg donation.

OK but don't get rushed int it

I shall ask about the dark egg and the suggestion about nursing cells as you say are 'quite normal'.I was on a high stimulating dose, in fact they said I could not go higher, 4X 75 of menopure.

Probably not

We are quite stuck on what to do next. If there was a chance of us concieving through my own eggs we would try but the suggestion is being put to us strongly that we should consider egg donation.
Would you be able to advise us as to some questions we should ask at our meeting with the consultant On June 25th?

Just ask him to justify why he wants you to have egg donation and if the clinic has done a lot and where the donor eggs will come from and their success rate with the technique.

Peter

I know this is putting you on the spot but we feel we do not or are not aware enough to ask the right types of questions.
Thanks so much for your help.
L
WelhsyXXXXXX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts