6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home everyone, Happy chatting  :-*

x x x

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Thanks Nicky  :-*

Ooh, a shiny new home! As all the ladies on my threads on the IVF boards always say................

I'm first!!  ;D ;D

Here's to another 40 pages of chat  ^clapping^

Can you believe we all got to know each other 4 years ago  :eek: We need a 4th anniversary meet up  ;)

I'm going now before I bore you all!!  ;D

Love to everyone

Rachel xxx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi,

We're home!  Had a fantastic time at Butlins.  We went to Skegness.  On our way there saw loads of huge houses so when we came back home I had a look on rightmove (just to be nosy) to see how much they are in that area.  They are so cheap.  3 bed detached £100,000.  Why oh why am I living in MK???????

Anyhow, S and E really enjoyed themselves and loved meeting the different characters.  Barney was their fav.  Looking forward to going again in Sept but will be at Minehead this time.  My cousin is a "new" Redcoat at that resort so hopefully we will bump into him.

Em - Glad to see Zachary is doing well.  Ah, I remember my "chat" with the doc about contraception when I had my 6 week check after having Sienna.  I was desperate to go on the pill so periods could be "normal dates" but I remember her exact words "well we don't need to worry about that!"  A few weeks later visited her again with my positive so that threw that theory out the window. 

Well better go.  Need to help DH with work.  He has a meeting at work tomorrow lots of changes apparently and his "Supervisor" role is now non existent so need to write down lots of questions he can fire at the MD.  We def cannot have DH working there with less wages and that would not be right doing that for no reason.  DH is job hunting and I am worried (as usual).  We can't afford for him to get a pay cut but I don't think his work can do that anyway.

Well, sorry to go on.  Will post later in the week.

Hope this lovely weather lasts.  Was lovely at Skegness but chilly/windy so wore a cardi most days although I did catch some sun!

love to all

ZoeA
xxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
;D Feels odd competing to be first on your own thread doens't it! ;D

Rachel I'd love another meet up. Any time, lady of leisure here...yeah riiight!
4 years...wow! Time flies.

Loving your new avatar. Those girls of yours are just scrummy. :)

Mini, hmm, sure I mentioned about moving. Well maybe not, I forget. Well, eher's the story. After quitting my job I did look, and apply for a whiel but it's quite hard to find something that fit in with both our childcare needs (Charles works shifts and weekends you see). I was adamant I didn't want to go anywhere near retail ever again and don't really have CV credits for admin type work - although I have done some I know I would be good at it but they all want experinece and I can't claim to have much :( Anyway, long story short I did get offered one but, other things transpired that we decided to move up to Lincs to be near DH's family so, basically I will be looking again once we've moved..which hopefulyl won't be long.
The main incentive to moving is the fact I can afford a house 3 times the size as the box I currently live and have open country views front and rear and have virtually no mortgage and know B will go to a good school where he won't end up in a gang or sporting a knife or something so, it's  bit of a no brainer really. Only taken us about a year to decide though. ::)

Anyway...enough about me. Mini I had no idea MBK still wakes in the night. Gawd I feel bad for moaning about the odd bad night now. ^eyes^

Zoe glad you had a fab time. I am looking at a 4 bed with garage for £130k at the moment, bit further North than Skeggy. Hoping it is still there when we get an offer.

Nope, don't think we have a Sweepstake for Annette yet. Shall we start one now?

My guess

Boy ^blueted^  10th June 8lb 6oz

C~x

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
^pinkted^
14th June
7lb 12oz

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
7th June

^blueted^

8lb 8

Go Annette  ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Rachel xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
boy

8lb 7oz

9th June

love Mini xx

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hmmm I was hoping for something littler and sooner than the guesses so far!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
KP - I've given you a slightly earlier date

6th June
Boy
7lb 8oz

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ah thanks Zoe!

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Afternoon all!

Annette
heres hoping that bubs puts in an earlier appearance than some of the guesses hey, i wished for something smaller than my sweepstake, everyone guessed 8-9lbs and well he was just less than 6lb lol

Whenever they put in an appearance hope it goes well and Gavin enjoys being a big brother, does he understand do you think ???

Zoe glad that you had a fab time away, we used to frequent skegness quite often as my parents had a mobile home on the haven park at Mablethorpe well until earlier this year when they sold it

Mini hows u and MBK, do you think we will still be calling him MBK when hes 16  ;D ;D ;D

Rachel hows u and Emma and Lucy, have they settled down any hun

Em, Pam, Bels and anyone i missed ^hello^

We are ok here, we were discharged from the mw today, again she asked me what i was doing about contraception i said nothing tho for the moment i am abstaining for the unseeable future, poor DH, She said i hope to see you again she was my fave midwife, she did my booking visit at about 8 weeks we are now over to the health visitor, who is a man, thats a new one on me hey!

Zachary is all legal now lol, he weighed 6lb 8oz last weekend, hes got his paeds appt tomorrow afternoon at 3 should be interesting because i have to catch a urine sample from him to take with me, they will measure him (length, size of his head) weigh him and check which centile he is on, when he was in hospital he had dropped below his centile so hoping and  ^pray^ ^pray^ that hes creeped back up again

We have reached a milestone the last 2 days, hes started to take boobie again, we had been expressing but he wasnt keen and i was thinking about quitting it next week but last night we tried him and he was much better and today hes had 2 feeds starting with boobie and then some formula as we know that i dont produce enough milk to feed him boobie exclusively its quite a good feeling after the start we had with it

Willows just trying to work out what shes missing out on!

I have just finished sorting the nursery i know its late but we have been waiting 8 weeks for his drawers  ::) they were supposed to be here in march not bad eh they arrived on tuesday!  I put Zachary in his cot he loved it had a bit of a kickabout under his mobile then fell to sleep :) he looked a bit lost in there though

I am off to have a sneaky chocolate bar! well i must make up for what i missed whilst pg eh!

Em

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Em

Enjoy that choc bar! I could only find you a chocolate Lindt bunny!

Hope to get back later for a longer post :)

Rach xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Em

Ah loved reading that post - i am so pro breast feeding - btw to everyone else its not a comment meant to offend anyone who couldnt or didnt want to breast feed

love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
PS

Yes he will be MBK forever - but its stands for milky beaker kid not milky boob kid anymore and maybe later milky bar (as in acoholic beverage) kid  ;D ;D ;D not the choclate bar variety  ;D ;D ;D

he is still mad about milk prob takes between 600 - 800mls a day

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello!

Annette - 1st June;  ^pinkted^ a petite 6lbs 6ozs!!

Em - brilliant about the breast feeding.  A friend of mine had to do exactly the same as you and found it easy to manage.  Enjoy the chocolate bar!

Mini - Mary still loves her milk too.  It is her preferred choice but there again horrid mummy only offers water or milk  ;D  although she does get hot chocolate milk at bedtime! 

Zoe - Skeggy always seem cold!!

Caz - hope you get the move going soon - an colleague moved up there for similar reasons and loves it.  They bought a 3 bed house and had enough left over from sale here to extend it to 4 bed and they love it. 

Rach - thanks for sponsoring me!

Well I did go to the doctors;  I have an infection on my vocal chords and lymph glands in my neck which explains sore throat and painful neck and tiredness!  I am allergic to penicillin and doctors are generally reluctant to give me other antibiotics unless desperate so I was told to hold off them which I tried until parent's evening killed me off totally this week.  I slept all day yesterday and DP got the prescription - needless to say things are much improved today.  So I am hoping that with another good night's sleep I will be much better tomorrow.  I'm hoping to start training again next week.  I can always walk the race for life as DP says but i would like to run at least half of it!  I had been doing the distance up to 3 weeks ago and planned to work on my time so I could do it in 30 minutes rather than 40! 

Well must try to catch up with things - I am so behind with everything i am not sure where to start, perhaps my bank balance would be a good idea!!

Have a great weekend

Love
LindaJane
:)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi buddies

Awful quiet round here!  Must be the lovely weather we're having.

I'm getting big and heavy.  Ready for bubs to arrive now I think.  Less than 2 weeks till EDD!!! 

Poor Gavin, I can't do half the things I want to with him and I can't keep up either!  He visited the nursery yesterday he will go to after the summer holidays.  I didn't get so much as a backwards glance!  I know this is a good thing as he's obviously confident and happy but ....!!!

Linda - hope you're recovered!  Must get you sponsored!

Em - persevere witht he breast feeding if you can hun it will be worth it!  Promise!!

Hope all the other buddies and babes are well!

love Annette

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Annette :eek: only 2 weeks? I may miss the birth as I am on holiday from next week for 2 weeks. Hey, cross yer legs until I get back... ;D I'm sure you won't!

C~x

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi all :)

Annette - 2 weeks! Wow! It's gone soooo quickly I feel :-\ Getting excited for you now and counting down the days :)

Caz - Where are you off to hun?

Emily - Big munchies to the little man :-*

Linda - How are you feeling now hun? I hope much better ^hugme^ I hope you're able to do the race for life ^hugme^

Mini - I know we're a year behind you yet but my girls are still loving hteir milk at the mo! Especially Lucy at 3am :-\ Since our diasterous holiday she's been very unsettled :-\ I'm hoping to get her back on track before we go on the next holiday in July!! In the last 10 days she's woken about 8 nights! She has a cold at mo so that may not be helping either. Like LInda I only really offere water or milk and very occasionally a bit of squash but neither are bothered and guzzle water down very well ;) I was worried they had too much milk until I read how much MBK has! They have around 400-500 mls a day, sometmes more.

Zoe - How are you and your gorgeous brood?

Em - You're quiet hun. Presume you're a busy bee! Hows the scrummy Hannah?

We're all ok. Girls are a joy :) :) Yes, even at 3am wanting milk!! We do lots of activities. I try and get out most days as I would go mad where I live if not ^idiot^ We have no neighbours and can't see anyone going past even! I've been so glad it's been lovely sunny weather ^sunny^ We've been in the garden lots! I've managed to get loads of gardening done and make 5 hanging baskets! They love 'helping' me!! They've weeded a few things that weren't weeds too! :-\ We've had lots of lovely nicnics (picnics!) in the garden ^sunny^

Situation with my mom pretty much the same but I am learning to live with it. Still miss her so much though :'( I decided that I couldn't let it ruin my time with the girls, they grow up too fast as it is :-\ I see my dad quite a bit and he loves being with the girls and they adore him :)

Must go now and organise some breakfast. Lazy day today. I am still in my dressing gown! Got tonnes of ironing to do before we run out of clothes! Raining today so indoors :( ^rain^

Lots of love to everyone

Rachel xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Me again! Thought I'd collate all the guesses for Annette's bubs so we could see what's what!

Go Annette!  ^pompom^

Linda    ^pinkted^     1st June     6lb 6
Em        ^pinkted^     4th June    7lb 11
Zoe       ^blueted^     6th June    7lb 8
Rachel   ^blueted^     7th June    8lb 8
Mini     ^blueted^      9th June    8lb 7
Caz      ^blueted^     10th June    8lb 6
Emily    ^pinkted^     14th June    7lb 12

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi Buddies,

Here is my guess for Annettes baby
^pinkted^ 4 June 7lb 11

But hey I always get it wrong!!

MIni- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUN ^birthday^
Hope you have a lovely day/weekend!!

Rachel- You just think you have got the sleeping sorted and it all changes! Hopefully you will get both girls sleeping through again soon!

Caz- enjoy your hols. Where are you off to?

Linda- Enjoy half term. Hope you are feeling better

Emily - The pics of Zac are gorgeous! You are doing great. Enjoy every minute

We are doing fine here. We haave been enjoying all the sunshine and been out in the garden loads. Hannah is now in her big girls bed and after the first few unsettled nights ,she has been great!! I was gutted taking the sides off the cot,no baby things left now!! Next stage toilet training. She is definately ready but am I? ;D

I have gone back full time at work now so busy,busy but extra money is handy. Especially as the price of everything seems to be going through the roof. Price of petrol up here is astronomical!

Anyway hope eveyone is well

Love Em

1 - 20 of 576 Posts