Votes: 3 30.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3221 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a thread for ladies cycling during May/June 2011?  If not can we start one?

I'm going for my second round of ICSI in may and would love to chat with ladies going through the rollercoaster ride at the same time x

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi Loulah

Yes, It would be great to start a thread

I should be starting my cycle in May too... I'm just waiting for it to be confirmed Ive got to call in with the date of my next AF which is around the 20th March & they Will see if they can fit me in April cycle or it will be May as they first said  ::) Its such a mad rollercoaster of a ride & its only just began  :eek:  So for now I'm not sure what cycle buddies i belong in but if you don't mind i will stay here for now  :)

Where are you having you treatment? Fingers crossed for you on your second cycle  ^pray^

Bye for now xxxx

·
Super Moderator
2,506 Posts
Hi Ladies

I will be looking after your cycle buddy group, so I will start the thread ifyou need anything just let me know  :)

Sharry xx

·
Super Moderator
2,506 Posts
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in May/June 2011.

Please read the FAQ here: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting

^fairydust^

[csv]
Name,Location,Treatment,Stimming, EC , ET , OTD ,Outcome
Miss_mcvicar,,IVF,,10th May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Nordickat,,DIVF,29th April,11th May,16th May,29th May, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
oldbird,,IVF,2nd May,11th May,16th May,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Giulia77,,ICSI,5th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
MandyPandy,,ICSI,4th May,18th May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Polly16,,ICSI,5th May,16th May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Lise24,Manchester,IVF,7th May,19th May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Womb for ...,,IVF,9th May,21st May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Hulagirl,,ICSI,9th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
bell26,,ICSI,11th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Angelgel40,Yorkshire,ICSI,11th May,23rd May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Kernow Lou,,ICSI,11th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Notthereyet,,IVF,11th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Twinklie,,ICSI,11th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Laalaa75,,IVF,11th May,23rd May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Emily79,,ICSI,11th May,23rd May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
K-K-K-K-Katie,Cheshire,IVF,11th May,23rd May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Gladys07,,ICSI,12th May,25th May,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Honor77,Bristol,ICSI,20th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Carey,Norfolk,ICSI,20th May,20th June,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
weeza82,,ICSI,23rd May,6th June,9th June,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
BathBelle,Bath,ICSI,25th May,,,, ^reiki^
nickinoodle,Yorkshire,IVF,27th May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Shell182,,IVF,31st May,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Mrs_ixy,,ICSI,9th June,22nd June,24th June,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Tali S,,ICSI,,13th June,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Hannushka,Surrey,IVF,1st June,13th June,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Evap,,IVF,1st June,13th June,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Karen_s,,IVF,1st June,14th June,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
zedster76,,IVF,1st June,15th June,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Jem2,,IVF,,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
sqwelch125,,ICSI,,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
doddyclaire,,IVF,,27th June,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
beadyeyes,,ICSI,,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
BECKY7,,IVF,,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Ali7,,FET,,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
masiemoo72,,IVF,,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Lynn1303,Glasgow,,,,,, ^reiki^ ^reiki^

[/csv]
^hugme^ Honorary Darling Buds ^hugme^

loulah - ICSI - No Fertilisation ^hugme^

^fairydust^
Just let me know if you want to added Sharry xx

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks Sharry  :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Our very own buddy thread.... thanks Sharry  :)

I should be starting my IVF with ICSI in May... I'm just waiting for it to be confirmed Ive got to call in with the date of my next AF which is around the 20th March & they Will see if they can fit me in April cycle or it will be May as they first said. Ive got a feeling its going to be such a mad rollercoaster of a ride & its only just starting!!!

I will be having my EC at JPH & ET at Bourn Hall Cambridge.

Look forward to getting to know everyone, and Encouraging you through your TX!

Lots of  ^fairydust^ to everyone

Bye for now... Carey x

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sharry!!

Hi Carey!!

This will be my second cycle of ICSI.  Since my last cycle ended in a BFN blood tests have shown that I have low AMH.  They asked me to do this test as I didn't respond too well to the drugs and only produces 4 follicles.  This cycle they are going to change me to a short protocol (i.e. no down regging) and giving the the max dose of the stims.  Saying that though I did get a good embryo to put back, but alas it wasn't to be....

Depending on the date my AF starts in May, I should be starting on the 8th of May.

Look forward to sharing the journey with you May/June girls xxx

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Ladies

Can I join you? I will be starting my 2nd ICSI cycle in May/June. Last cycle in Feb was a BFN. Enjoying myself at the moment not on the tx but cant wait to try again - PMA is back.

Good luck to you all  ^reiki^

Sharry - please would you add me to the HOF: 2nd ICSI

Sqwelch x

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
It looks like I'll be starting again in May. Our donor swimmers are en route to the clinic as I type  :) . This will be my 8th tx and we are desperately hoping that its our turn now  ^pray^ ^pray^

^wave^ Sqwelch - Enjoy the next few months of care free living and building up that PMA.

Sharry - give my love to Jane if you see her  ^hugme^

Katxxx

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Nordikcat - I remember you from last tx - think you were on snowdrops like me? I really pray this time is your time - you have been through so much  ^reiki^  ^hugme^

I am getting excited about the next tx - I am dreading it though - its sooo long  :-\

Sqwelch x

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hope you ladies are all enjoying your weekend  ^daisy^

xx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey everyone,
I am hoping to be starting in may too fingers crossed, it will be really good to come on here and chat to others going through the same thing and understand what I am going through too. Hope we can all be a big support to each other!! x x x

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi

Can i join in on this group too please? we are due to start our first cycle of IVF at the end of April with est E/C date of 13th June.
Would be lovely to be able to speak to people going through the same things at roughly the same time.
Good luck everyone, i've never wished a period here in my life until now  ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had decided not to post on here for a bit as its ages until we start tx again but its not, its only 2 months away  :eek: how has that happened so quick?!

Sqwelch - I was a snowdrop yep, and I remember you with such a top nickname  :) Honestly its not long now if you count the weeks. We'll be jabbing away again before you know it .... and for the final time I hope  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Carey - my weekend was nice. Away with friends, redwine, nice food and scrabble  :) How about you?
Loulah - hopefully the short protocol will do the trick for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Locini - Fingers crossed you join us in May

Michaelaeloise ........ blimey thats a mouthful of a nickname  :) . Its so exciting to be close to starting the adventure isn't it?

:-* Katxxx

·
Registered
494 Posts
^hello^

Great to see we are growing.. Hope everybody is well?

michaelaeloise - Its my first cycle too  ^eyes^ I'm like you i have never wished for a period in my life but i cant wait for this months as it means i will find out the dates of my cycle  ;D cant wait to get started now.

Locini - When will you find out your start date, r u like me & having to wait for next AF to arrive?

Nordickat - I keep thinking the same, that our tx is ages away but like you say it really isn't that long.....  :eek: Sounds like you had a lovely weekend... Nice food & good wine is always a winner in my eyes. Me & DH have decided to give up the booze, Its been 4 weeks so far, we don't drink a great deal anyway but a nice glass of Rose Wine is always good :) at the mo my weekends & week days all roll into one as Ive been off work 3 months tomorrow!! i fell over on the ice in Dec & broke my ankle, resulting in 2 operations to have screws put in to hold it all together... I'm still on not able to walk on it  :( Its all abit of a nightmare to be honest... gives me way to much time to sit here thinking &  ^pray^ it will all work out ok.

Sqwelch - Hope your ok ?

^Heart^ Carey xx

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nordickat - I know it is a big nickname! apologies lol, hope you are ok and getting prepared to start!

Corey - thats brill news, glad to hear im not on my own! Its so exciting!

Whereabouts is everybody having their treatment? I am at James Cook hospital in Middlesbrough

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to all the new girls on this thread!!  Hope everyone is doing ok.  HAPPY FRIDAY!!

I'm heading out tomorrow night with the girls, it's the first time i've felt brave enough to go out and talk about our last TX with them.  Have been avoiding talking about it with them before as although they new were were trying IVF, they just really didn't get exactly what a huge deal it is and how much it can take from you, and I found it difficult to explain it.  I'm hoping if I can explain it a bit better to them, that they will be more of a support next time.  I have to say I felt quite lonely on our last TX, even though hubby was good, you sometimes just need a girl to talk to.  That's why FF is brilliant!!

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  that May/June is lucky for all of us!  One of the nurses said the other day that there is a "slight" increase in BFPs this time of year due to the lighter, brighter days making us feel more positive.  I hope she's right....

Is anyone doing any special diets whilst preparing for this TX?  I starting taking Selenium & Fish Oil supplements a couple of weeks back (as well as Pregnacare) as they are meant to be good for Egg production.  Also trying to eat healthier and really haven't been drinking at all for about 4/5 months now (since before our last TX), although I had a couple last weekend and will have a couple this weekend.  Will cut it out completely again a month or so before the next cycle.

Any diet advice welcomed.

Loulah ♥

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
loulah - I wish I was brave enough to tell people about our tx because, you are right about being lonely on your own. I´m taking all sorts of wacky supplements this time which is probably out of desperation lol. I haven´t really drunk much alcohol for a while either but I plan on having the odd glass of wine for a few more weeks yet. My last coffee was 2 days ago though which is a killer as I do love going out for a double latte  :) . DH is on a diet and as he is chef I´m being quite healthy. He had lost 4 kg and I have gained 1 kg though so no more treats for me as of todays weigh in.

Eloise - cheating on the nickname I know  ;)  but I love the name eloise  :) . I hope you are having a nice weekend? I live abroad so I´m at a foreign clinic.

Carey - thats rubbish :(  how long until you are mobile again? Too much time for soul searching I guess? You must have read every book going and  watched every movie out by now. I hope you are keeping chirpy though with the thought of your BFP being closer than its ever been before.

:-* to all,
Katxxx

·
Registered
494 Posts
michaelaeloise - I will be having my EC at JPH & ET at Bourn Hall Cambridge... yes all very exciting ;D

Loulah - I hope you had a nice evening out with the girls & they were all understanding & supportive... i have two really close friends who are really supportive & its such a great help. I'm loving what the nurse said to you lets ^pray^ its true & we get lots of BFP :) As for special diets, Ive never been very good at the whole diet thing, I'm OK for a few weeks then it all goes pear shaped ::) but i have started taking folic acid & cutting the coffee out only having decaf now & again also when I'm back on my feet i will get back to the gym, I'm so missing my morning swim :(

Nordickat how lucky are you having a chef as DH, lots of yummy food i bet. Do have a treat now & then, I'm sure you will lose from now on... ^hugme^ I really hope to be more mobile by the beginning of April, i have my first physio on the 29th March so hopefully they will be able to give me a rough idea of how long it is going to take. Your right every book & DVD i can lay my hands on.... friends have been dropping them round by the bag full... lol

Me & hubby were naughty tonight & went to pizza hut... but our eyes where to big for our bellies & we ended up bringing most of it home as we couldn't fit it all in ;D as always my diet will start tomorrow... lol

Carey xxxx

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
lol Carey, I wish he was a chef, but sadly he is just the household chef. He has made some lovely stuff recently, sashimi tonight mmmmmmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 3221 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.