Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,
I wonder can anyone help me...  I'm on my 3rd round of IUI with 50mg of Clomid. I went for my scan today to be told that I have just one follicle this month at 25mm & that they needed to give me a Pregnyl injection today and do the IUI tomorrow. I'm really confused, surely its much too early at day 10? I ahve a 31day cycle. Now DH is all upset because we thought it wasn't going to be until Friday or Sat & we haven't been abstaining in order to build up a good sample. Am not feeling very positive about this one  :'( 
If anyone else has had such an experience, would love to hear about it
Gxx

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi,

I think 25mm follicle is quite mature now. The ovulation will happen in next 24 hours.I am not sure about our DH's SA.

I think the best time is tomorrow really.

Good luck

Tail  ^pray^

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
It's a complete myth that you always ovulate on day 14 as you will ovulate when your follicles mature. That could be day 10 or day 19 (like me) but with taking stimms your follies mature that much more quickly. Don't worry at 25mm things are fine no matter day cd you are. Some people DO ovulate on day 14 every month but I suspect most of us naturally vary but don't realise it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks prof waffle. It just seems that my luteal phase gets longer each month ! Couldn't believe it when she said follicle was 25mm. At this stage they are usually about 16. Anyway - this is the last IUI for us before IVF so am keeping everything crossed
x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts