Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.  I'm on day 10 of the 2ww and due to test on Friday 26th.  Felt ok about it last week but this week am on pins and desperate for Friday to arrive.
Haven't had any spotting at all.  Had sore tingly boobs in first week but that has stopped now although they are still bigger than normal.  Not sure if this is a good sign or not?
How will I survive the next few days??? I am desperate to know if my ivf has worked or not.

gill0268

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hi Gill

Just wanted to wish you loads of luck for test day Friday, you can do it hunny, its not long now.

Ive just finished my 2WW so I know exactly how you feel, but try to stay positive sweety.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Love Charleyx

G

·
Hi gill0268

I'm in the same position as you I am due to test on Friday and I am analysing every pain and sore bit of the body for answers but unfortunately I won't get any answers until Friday. I am counting down the sleeps and days and we have 4 sleeps and 4 and a little bit days to go. Are you doing a Home pregnancy test or having blood test? I am having to go to the hospital for a blood test so I'm sure I shall be first in the que Friday morning!!!!

I have had no spotting but sore boobs are still sore and I have had a dull period like pain but that has been since last week but no show of and period. I know this is horrible so maybe we can count down the days until we get I BFP

sending lots of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ vibes

Love Ellie L  ^daisy^

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Gill & Ellie,

I am also testing on Friday! Still am undecided about doing hpt, but i think i may just do it on fri morning, so i don't have to wait till afternoon.

I've also had sore nips and very mild cramps, which i've been told can be a good sign!

Being in work is hell, i have no concentration.

My sister-in-law is pg, so i have the added stress of hearing all about that all the time. I know i should be happy for her, but can't help feeling like she's unsupportive - i saw her the day after our transfer & she didn't even ask how it went - all she could talk about was the pram she was planning to buy!

Anyway enough of my rant, i really should be doing some work!

All the best for anyone testing this week. Let's hope for lots of BFP!!!!!!!

ash
x

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ash, you poor thing with a pregnant sister in law!  I know just what you mean, it's like the whole world is pregnant except us!

I am doing a home pregnancy test as my clinic is 2 hours drive away (Glasgow Nuffield) and I live in the Borders.  I also have to post them a first morning urine sample but no blood tests.

The sore boobs thing has worn off so I'm nervous that it's not going to be a positive result.  I have period type pains today and dread going to the loo incase AF has arrived.

Good luck to Ash and Ellie for Friday and to Halo, here's hoping we all get BFP!!!

Charley, thankyou for your words of support.
I'm off work at the mo and my husband is working away so I'm slowly giong mad at home!!

Gill0268.xx

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello All,

I am due to test on thursday...just did a hpt....just couldnt help myself....BFN

not getting my hopes up..
sandy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sandy

Try not to be too despondent.  It's still early to be testing if you're not due to until Thursday.  hcg levels may not be high enough to register yet. 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Gill.x

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gill

how on earth have you managed your treatment with 2 hr drive??  What made you pick glasgow nuffield? I thought It was bad enough with a 50min drive...I am in helensburgh going to glasgow nuffield also. I am also like a kid waiting for xmas...only 2 sleeps now lol good luck all

sandy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sandy

It has been a nightmare going 2 hrs to Glasgow each time!!  The nearest place is Edinburgh but the waiting list, even for private, is about 8 months.  As I'm 38 I didn't want to wait that long.  So it was either Ninewells or Glasgow Nuffield so we went to Nuffield as someone we knew (medical person but not fertility) knew of Dr Lowe.  I had to stim for 14 days too so had lots of scans.  For 2 weeks we were there every other day what with scans, EC and ET.  We live in central borders so there's sod all down here for miles!  You kind of get used to having to travel to at least Edinburgh for everything. 
How have you found them at the Nuffield?  I didn't feel like they actually told you much.  In fact I've learned more from this site than I was ever told at the clinic.  Most of the staff were nice tho, especially Karen.  The only one I didn't like was Alison and I disliked her from the word go. 
We only got 4 eggs and 3 fertilised.  I was stimming on 300 of gonal f and they've said if we get a negative they might change my drugs next time.
Good luck for Thursday.  Isn't this wait awful!  At least the rest of the time, between hormonal nut casedom, you feel like you're actively doing something!

gill

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi 'nightmare girls'... I hate roller coasters at the best of times, but emotional ones, when you assess every twinge from your body .. is hell!

I am due to test Thursday and am both dreading it and can't wait in equal measures. I have sore huge boobs, but that's normal before my period! not feeling very optimistic.

have managed not to test early yet!

love and best wishes to you all

wonky 

G

·
Hi ladies  ^afro^
I have been off work today and took a walk into town. When I got back I was shattered I'm sure this is due to me being a lazy cow for near on two weeks.

Well boobs are still big and period pains still around and sleeping is a nightmare. Other than that I'm on top of the world. ;D  ^idiot^  ;D

3 sleeps to go and still not done a HPT I think I have made the decision not to do one and wait for the dreaded phone call from the hospital.

wonky- I think you are right we should call ourselves the 'Nightmare girls' as that has described me to a T at this moment in time a complete and utter nightmare. I feel for my DH as he doesn't seem to know whats hit him.

well ladies I shall catch up soon

Love Ellie L  ^daisy^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.