Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have just recently had my day 3 bloods done as i am currently in two minds whether to have another go at ICSI as i am now the ripe old age of 40, just wondering if anyone can have alook for me and see if the results are normal as i am a little unsure of some of them, my doctor has said they are normal but he is a GP and he dosent really know alot about IVF  ;)

FSH 5 iu/L
LH 4.2 iu/L
Progesterone 4 nmol/L
Oestradiol 129 pmol/L
Prolactin 136 mu/L

Thanks girls

Luv Myra  xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Myra, I'm no expert, but your FSH is excellent - mine was 14 last time. :(

I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with them properly soon!

Good luck hun

·
Registered
817 Posts
prolactin no idea
progesterone irrelevant at day 3, day 21 is the test (for ovulation, over 30 is sought)

otherwise extremely good, especially for age (sorry i'm the same!)
fsh and lh good
E2, (which needs to be read with fsh to check it is not suppressing it) also vg. (check unit for this - i am pretty sure i've got it right though)

good luck!

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Your levels look fine. Obviously I'm not medically qualified and only your consultant should interpret the results but from what I've read and been told, I can't see anything wrong with them....but you must discuss this with someone qualified too.

If you use the search facility you will find your question is a very frequently asked question....search tool is great as a first port of call as you'll usually find your questions have been previously answered :)

Here's some info I've replied to others with.....

Your FSH and LH levels should be roughly the same....although if LH higher than LH there may be an indication of PCOS.

Your FSH level of 5 iu/L is really good, as is your LH level of 4.2 iu/L
Oestradiol of 129 pmol/l is well within the normal range.

This is what I was given:

(follicular stage) LH - range 1.9 - 12.5 IU/l
(follicular stage) FSH - range 2.5 - 10.2 IU/l

FSH levels to indicate ovarian reserve (all in IU/l):
under 6 = Excellent
6 - 9 = good
9 - 10 = fair
10 - 13 = diminished
13+ = hard to stimulate

As for Oestradiol....

1 pg/ml = 3.67 pmol/l

100 pg/ml = 367 pmol/l (pg/ml to pmol/l = 3.67)
100 pmol/l = 27 pg/ml (pmol/l to pg/ml = 0.272)

and here's what I found whilst searching the boards....it also shows how different labs do use varying ranges...

different clinics ranges for FOLLICULAR PHASE - oestradiol (E2)
37-539 pmol/l
40-606 pmol/l
75-250 pmol/l

Not sure why you had progesterone tested during follicular phase as doesn't really indicate an awful lot as it should ideally be tested at 7dpo (luteal phase) to indicate ovulation but a level of 4nmol/l during follicular is fine, according to what I've found, for during follicular phase.

10 ng/ml is approx 30 nmol/l

and I found this normal range for progesterone for follicular phase in non-pregnant woman...

0.2 - 1.4 ng/ml which would be approx 0.6 - 4.2 nmol/l

I'm not too clued up when it comes to Prolactin levels but have a read of this...

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html#female

1 ng/mL = 2.6 mU/L so your Prolactin level of 136 mU/L is approx 52.3 ng/ml may be on the higher side but as I'm not medically qualified and no very little about Prolactin I would suggest you raise any concerns with your consultant as it may actually be fine....I'm purely going on converting unit measurements and what is classed as "normal" on 1 single website....

....You need to be aware that when comparing any hormone tests you must ensure you use all correct unit measurements as can take out of context otherwise.....and also, different labs/clinics use varying "normal" ranges.

Good luck
Natasha

/links

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Minxy -you're amazing hun - I was going to mention that you were good with stuff like this, but read your post that you weren't going to be around so much.

You're incredible (or just can't keep away!! ;) ) - you are so amazingly supportive to everyone here.

Big, big hugs to you.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
sallywags said:
Minxy -you're amazing hun - I was going to mention that you were good with stuff like this, but read your post that you weren't going to be around so much.

You're incredible (or just can't keep away!! ;) ) - you are so amazingly supportive to everyone here.

Big, big hugs to you.
MWAH :-*

Thanks hun......I'm not going to be around so much for a couple of weeks as I do need time away....some "selfish" me and DP time.....BUT it's mainly on the moderating side as that's a commitment and don't want to let anyone down.....but I'll still be around......and I'm bored at work at moment ;D

N xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Oh bless you - i don't think anyone would have any difficulty with you taking some time for you!  It's lovely to have you around, obviously, but you take care of yourselves.

xx

·
Super Moderator
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Girls

Thanks for all your input and Minxy for taking the time to answer  ^hugme^ i was so sorry to hear that things did not work out for you hun, take care  :-*

Luv Myra xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts