Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have a question about hormone levels... I had really high FSH last month (29.9) & I've just got the results back from my test this month which has me with FSH of 4.2 (WOW!). But I'm sure that I've read somewhere about the importance of the oestradiol (E2?) level. Does anyone know what that should be?

Any comments of advice gratefully received.

thanks

Susie
x

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Sparrow

Thanks a lot. I had a feeling that I was celebrating the low FSH level a little too quickly - the oestradiol was 852 so it looks like that's not good news :(

Susie
x

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sparrow

I know I'd seen some information on this somewhere here, but I just couldn't find it when I needed it! thanks a lot. We have our consultation on Wednesday, so we'll know the worst then, but at least we're prepared for bad news.

Susie

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sparrow

I'm having acupuncture (have been since October) & I've been thinking about chinese herbs. I know that the conventional medical profession doesn't have much faith in complementary therapies, but I'm willing to try almost anything. I even heard that the Japanese believe that seeing the Northern Lights is good for fertility & I'm considering dragging DH up to Iceland for a long weekend :)

Susie
x

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sparrow

I just spoke to my GP again & it turns out that there are 2 ways of measuring oestradiol - pg/ml or pmol/L. I;ve checked out a couple of web pages & it seems that the pmol/L is higher than the pg/ml - & my surgery has reported it in pmol/L. I'm hoping that this is good news, but it's a bit of a pain when there is variation in reporting these numbers !

Susie
x

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi ALL
Just thought i would try to see how you all are doing any good news to report.

I also have high oestradiol i dont know to much about it i think mine was tested in the higher range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts