Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mummys/daddys,

I hope that some of you out there can help me I feel like a failure!! I decided to potty train my DD who is 2 years and 1 week old as she has shown all the signs for a while, even asking to sit on toilet herself, takes clothes, nappy off etc ...
So day one she did well managed about 6 wees 5 accidents would sit happily every 15-20 mins. I'm following the gina ford potty training in a week book. Anyways day 2 more accidents and only managed 3 wees (well drops) and would refuse to sit , scream, cry, tantrums. We have kept calm , happy and engaged her in all kinds of activities. Then last night she wanted to poo and was crying and crying holding it, told her sit on potty wouldn't and then last minute stood over it and she half in half out made it. The sight of her poo made her hysterical and she was crying. Screaming.
Today won't sit at all. Told me she needs to pee and became so upset holding it crossing legs crying but won't do it on potty. She peed all over floor. Became so upset... I gave up. Put her nappy on and now she is happy as larry!
What have I done???!!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi,

Dont worry at all.

I tried my little boy at three different stages.
When he reached two i tried him for a few days in a row, he would sit on it but not do anything at all then soon as i put his nappy on he did it in that.  Tried again around 4 months later by completely leaving his nappy off all day, tried to get him to wee on the potty but would only do it on rare occasions and had many accidents so reverted back to nappies as he had started a pre nursery for a few hours and i wasnt sure if they had the time to keep asking him if he wanted the toilet.  At christmas because i knew we would have a lot of time with him due to me being off work etc i tried again by leaving his nappy of all day and asking him every hour if he needed the toilet......within 3 days he was dry and he tells me now when he needs a wee or poo poo so i honestly believe that he wasnt ready until recently.  My son turns 3 in April so it did take longer than i expected it to but if they arent ready dont push them because it can sometimes make them worse.

I am sure you will know when your little one is completely ready, good luck.

I have just got being dry at bed time to worry about now but i am no rush to tackle it yet.

lyns xx

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Dont worry about it at all hun, if shes getting as upset as that about it i would just leave it and try it again later.  I tried my dd lots of times and it was a total disaster, when she was properly ready, it was relatively easy ( im wearing my rose tinted specs saying that  ;D )-she was happy to sit on the potty/toilet and was proud of herself when she did something. 

She was about 2 yrs and 8 months when she cracked it and my son only just manage it last week ( and he is 3yrs and 3 weeks old!)

Theyre all different, Id leave the potty around just not mention it for a couple of months and then try again see what happens.

S
x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Same here with DD. Lots of accidents and hated sitting on the loo or a potty, so we left it. My Mum tried on several occasions (as we were all dry by 8 months apparently  ;) ) but even she gave up! In the end DD, who was forward and very independent at everything else, was 3 when she was finally dry BUT she really was dry with no accidents at all apart from on one car journey when I wasn't quick enough  ::)  My Mum is now telling me to try with the boys who are clueless - I think not!  ;D

Don't worry, she'll get there xx ^hugme^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts