Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just after some advice.  Our first ICSI went really well throughout but ended in BFN.  We froze 6 3 day embryos which was great.  We are now at the point where we are going to do FET.
Thing is, the hospital has given us the option of either defrosting 3 and transfering straight away (Day 3) or defrosting all 6 and going to blast.  Obviously, there is a chance none will get there.
What a choice.
Would be greatful for any similar experiences or advice please
x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hi Chazrab, sorry no advice just wanted to say so glad you asked this question as its one Ive been pondering on...I have 5 frozen embies (frozen on d1) and will not be able to do anymore fresh cycles so they are v precious.  I was so very lucky to get pregnant and have my son from the same batch of embies.  Now going for second FET (1st failed) and not sure what to do - do I risk taking them to blasts or have them transferred as 2d embies.
  Consultants feeling for first FET was that as we have been sucessful 1st time when we did fresh IVF keep them as they are but because things didnt work out with the last FET its really got me thinking. 
Its such a hard decision isnt it!  I'll be really interested to read other ladies opinions.
Good luck
Doodle xxxx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Hey ladies,

Just a thought but why not ask your clinic if you can do a natural cycle.  That way you could thaw 2 and a time and have them put back with no drugs.  If it works - great.  If not, you can try again next month with less expense and less stress on the body ;-)

Scoobs
x x x x x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies, 
Scoobs, thats our other option, defrost 2-3 at a time and do a natural cycle.  Just not sure which to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
hiya girls,

this is my 4th cycle of FET, all the others were day 3 embryos with fair good grades, only one lead to a BFP but lost a week later!

ive got 4 wee embryos left and hoping to take them to blastocysts.... its all be left in the hands of my embryologist, she is taking all 4 out and will see how they are going, if they seem to be doing well she is going to let them go to this sunday, if they seem to be struggling im going to do a transfer friday morning... will keep you posted how i go!

from what ive been told there really is no difference in the transfer of day 3 or 5, but since we have had no luck with day 3s were hoping some extra luck from a day 5!!!

hope everyone gets a BFP xxx

Debby x
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top