Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first time on the board. I am on my 1st cycle of icsi short protocol. I am worried about the side effects of the drugs (ohss) how long after you start stims could this be a prob? Is Ohss a common problem? I have my
2nd scan on tuesday, and so far this site has been invaulable source of info. I had been worried before going for my bs because my af hadn't appeared at this stage, luckily it appeared the day after and because my blood test had down regged I could start injections on time. I feel very aware of the position of my ovaries at the sides? is this normal??? please let me know from all your experiences!
thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Charlie Mouse (isn't he from Bagpuss?)

I'm on my first IVF cycle & have only been stimming for two days. I don't really know when OHSS symptoms might appear if they are going to, but I expect when you had your scan on Tueday they would have been keeping an eye out for any potential problems, so if you feel OK try not to worry about OHSS.

How did the scan go?

If you are worried about OHSS, I have read that making sure you drink plenty of fluid such as water, squash or fruit juices (not tea, coffee or cola because of the caffeine) can help to lessen the chances of OHSS. Try for about 2 litres a day. I'm not a Dr though, so obviously you might want to check with your clinic first!

Good luck with your cycle,

Gillx

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hiya,

I've been told to drink at least two litres of water each day, so that sounds about right :)

Luv,
Katrina.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts