Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am on Day 7 of stimms and as it is my first go wondered what was in the normalish realm of feelings for others.

I feel a bit tight around the ovaries, bit sore but not too bad at mo, nothing worse at times than af! would just like to know how others have felt, have another week to go yet!, it is strange when it is your 1st go and it is all new and dont know what to expect. I have scan tomorrow, weds and fri all being well!

If you can help I would be very grateful to share your experience.

take care, mavis

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Mavis

I started stimms on 19th July and have a scan booked for 27th  hopefully EC on friday 29th.

I too have had very uncomfortable ache in ovaries it isn't too bad but hoping it won't get worse as the drugs work more, just hoping that this is the follies growing nicely.  What stimm drug are you on, I am on Puregon 300 + 20 units Buserelin injection.
I also seem to be losing more hair (brush and shower are full well not full butr more than usual, I also seem to be nasal and blocked, I assume these again are the hormones.  Not too bad though.

Good luck with your scans.  It is our first cycle too and it is confusing knowing what is to be expected and what is not normal.  Where are you having tx?  we are at Guys in London.

A good luck follies dance  ^dancing spot^ ^dancing spot^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Take care love lshack xx

·
Registered
33 Posts
^hello^

Hi

My NAME IS Karen and I am also on IVF, had a scan today and have about 11 or 12 follicles and having egg collection on Thursday. This is my 2nd IVF and I have more pains this time than last but again I was on a higher dose of puregon this time. I think it is normal to have pains in the tummy but my breasts are also very painful, but wont it be worth it if we get the positive we all wait for.

Keep in touch and let me know how you both get on.

Karen

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI Ishack,

Thank you for your post back to me, I am glad I am not on my own, it was just worrying me and I had no one else to ask, I had the scan this a.m .and looks like they may bring e/c forward as my follies are looking almost ready to go, but wont find out for sure till lunchtime.

We are having tx in Kent at Canterbury BMI Chaucer.

Good luck for your scan on Weds! lots of love and babydust to you and feel free to Im chat anytime.

Kind regards,

Amy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Karen,

Thank you for your post back also.  It is so reassuring meeting women going through the same stuff! My boobs ache too they are like melons, not that they werent before mind you!, I have been for my scan this am and they think I may get e/c weds, but will have to wait and see at lunchtiome, but will keep you posted.

Good luck for you guys on Thursday.

It is so exciting, lost of love and babydust to you,

Kind regards,

Amy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys,

Have just had the news and are not going to go for this Weds now as my consulatnt wants them to grow on more, so look like monday 1st aug afterall, but have cut down my stimm doses.

Do any of you know how many follies they like to get and at what sizes they should be ish?

Thank you, amy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ginny

Thankyou for your kind compliment.  I have been having bad headaches too!, I had a reals tinker yesterday I had to go to bed on!

Ginny whens your scan Weds?

Take care, amyx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Amy,

At my scan today I had about 12 follicles with a diameter of between 14 & 16 which the consultant said was very good, so hopefully I will get good eggs. What was yours at you scan.

Karen

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hi Gilrls

Hope you dont mind me butting in here, im so glad someone has asked the question

regarding pain and twinges while stimming, I was just about to ring my nurse.

Im on my first IVF, using menopur, its my day 4 today and im feel;ing quite sore

like a slight stabbing pain in one side with it going slightly roud into my back.

Ishack - im also losing quite a bit of my hair, I thought it was just me  ;D.

Does anyone know how long stimms usually last for, I have my 8 day scan on Friday.

Good luck everyone

Charley xxx

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ginny

Im feeling a bit more reasurred now as to its nothing to worry about, I think the more

I was panicking that something was going wrong, the worse I was feeling.

I just noticed your ticker, you are one day ahead of me stimming

Good luck hunny

Charley xxxxx

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Girls,

Thank you for your posts, I was like that too Charley.

Are any of you have problems sleeping at night coz it is unocmfortable, are your bladders weaker, or if full do you feel the pressure easier, it is so strange, just one more week to go!

Karen, my eggs were underway too, my right had 12-14 cant remeber as there was so much info and stuff happening v exciting and were from 7mm to 16mm and my left had 7 and were from 7mm to 17mm!

I am a bti scared as I dont wont the follies to bolt! if that is possible, but I will ask them all tomorrow, as my head is confused.

How are you getting on Karen?

How are you Ginny?

How are you Charley?

I am thinking lovely eggs and babydust for all.

Take care and write soon.

Amy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Amy,

Hope you are feeling OK, I have the same problems sleeping at night have to get up at least twice to go to the loo. I took my last Puregon injection today at 1pm and I have to take my pregnyl injection tonight at 10pm to be ready for EC on Thur 28/7 at 10 am.

Are you scheduled for EC on the 1/8, if so we are only a few days apart.

This is my 2nd IVF I am sure you are nervous as I really did not know what to fully expect last time.

Right back soon and let me know how you are doing.

Love

Karen

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
HI,

I'm on day 7 of stimms too - 450 of Puregon changing to same does of Menopure tonight. My ovaries started to hurt after about day 3 and by day 5 started to feel bloated and now am uncomfortable with some pain when I sit, walk or lie on my side.  Taking paracetamol and drinking lots of water definitely helps.  I had my scan today and have 6 follies confirmed 5 are good size.  Next scan Friday and hopefully EC Monday or Tuesday.....

Try to rest when you can and do something to relax you.

Nuala

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hi Nuala

I have my scan on Friday too.

Good luck hunny

Charley xxx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.