Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am on day 8 of my 2ww. Has anyone had similiar symptoms to me and continued to get pregnant?

I had severe abdominal pain, cramps and bloating with digestion problems after the ET which lasted 5 days. I nearly passed out a couple of times from the pain. I am now very bloated but all the cramps have ceased but still have sore breasts. I reacted very strongly to all the drugs and thought I would be a lot more hormonal if I was pregnant?

The 2ww seems more like a 2 month wait!

Siena

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
/bump

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Seana,

I'm on day 8 too, I have done a test 3 times cos I just can NOT wait!! My boobs are large compaired to normal plus I'm very hungry and have sicky feeling at times when I'm hungry!! Last time I was pregnant with twins I had symptoms on day 4 so this time nothing really.....

PS In case you think I'm greedy we lost one twin....  :'(

Good Luck!

Em's

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Seana / Emms

I am a few days behind you two, on day 4 (if you count from ET, which was Monday).  I have also been very sore and bloated since EC.  The soreness was more in the ovaries which has now faded, and the bloating has got better.  Although have not tried to put my jeans on!  Digestion is also bad - very loose!!!! (TMI?).  I have had crampings now for a few days, today it seems worse than ever so have taken some paracetamol......i am not sure what this means at this early stage?  Hopefully it is just the cyclogest ???  :-\ 

Am supposed to be working at home too, but can not concentrate.  What you are doing working or not?????

Sculley

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Scully,

I'm at work and on fertility webb site!! I can not concentrate for the life of me!! I had pains for 4 days at least so your ok.

I can let you girls to a secret, I was told if your having twins it will show up pos on your 9 -10th day and I am living proof!

Em's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

I can completely understand about not being able to concentrate. I am really lucky as I am not working at the moment. I have total respect for all the people who work and go through IVF.

I was sorry to hear that you lost one of your twins, that must have been awful.

I was up most of the night as I thought my OHSS pains were coming back (which I know can be  a good sign), however I feel fine today with a little pinching in my ovaries. It is awful as when I had OHSS I desperately wanted it to go away and now I want it to come back as I know that can be a sign of pregnancy.

Like most people I am desperately looking for signs. have you tested again today?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Siena,

I had OHS with my twins, I hated it and like you I want it just so I can have my twins back!  ^idiot^

I'm going to do the test on Fri or Sat to see if I got twins if neg then I'll do it on Wed! If nothing then I guess I call the hospital and book another appointment. I've got 8 frozen babies all top quality  ;)

Are you going to do the test early or am I the only silly cow - sorry girls-

Tee hee hee , I think you need to make it fun cos it's just too stressfull otherwise!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi all,

Quick question for Ems (hope you are still online).  When you say day 9-10 is that post EC or post ET?  I am on day 7 post ET and had AF style pain in the early hours (which I do not normally get before AF).  Mind you, it seems to have eased off now.

There's so much to think about.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Rainy Day,

Your baby girl looks lovely...... Ahhhhhh

It's 9 - 10 Days after et, in my Case my et was last Wed so my 9 days would be this Friday  ^reiki^.... This is only if your are expecting twins if its only one it probably wont show.... So don't be upset!

Em's.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Ems - Im on a clomid and metformin natural bms cycle.  I had 3 follies so have an increased chance of having twins or triplets - do u think I too could test on 9dpo to see if i get a positive?

How long does the pregnyl hcg trigger stay in your body (mine was a double dose)

Tweets xx

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Em's,

Don't mean to take your excitement away, but just be aware that your trigger jab could still be in your system as late as day 10 so you may get a +ve anyway.  Day 11 it should be gone and if there's a line then it's more likely to be a true reading.

I had a friend who tested really early and thought she was pg but it turned out to be false because of still reading the HCG jab - I don't want to be doom and gloom, just trying to say to leave it a couple of days to be extra sure that's all  :)

Good luck!!

Luv,
Katrina.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Tweets

When did the doc tell you to test? If they told you to test on a certain day then I guess it would be 9-10 days from then??

I'm not sure really, I've only done IVF so I have become a bit of an expect  on that  ^idiot^   Tee hee hee!!

Em's11

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ems,

That's really helpful.  You guessed right I was beginning to wonder as I did a test today and it was negative.  I am on day-7 (one day behind you) - so it was very probably way too early to do an HPT.  Silly me.  Will probably test every couple of days though - can't resist it.  On my low positives, I didn't get a positive until day-10 post ET.  On my first IVF, I waited for the blood test (which was a healthy positive of bHCG 153) and then did about six tests over three days "just to check".  I must like throwing money away!

My DD is a few days old in my picture.  She was a tiny little thing, starting life at 3lb 15oz, but otherwise perfect.  Am I right to think you have one baby? I hope I am not making a mistake.

Thanks

Rainy Day

·
Registered
254 Posts
On the subject of false positives because of the HCG jab.  If you do an early HPT and get a negative you can be sure that the trigger injection is out of your system.  Any positives after that would be genuine.  This was confirmed by Ruth some time ago on the Nurse thread.

I guess we are all different, but I seem to metabolise the HCG jab quite quickly as I tested on day-5 and got a negative, so I know where I am.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Rainy Day,

I lost my daughter at birth her twin brother is an angel :'(

He was born last year so just over a year now and I love him to bits! I just would love to have twins again so I can have another chance at it..... Having said that I would love my daughter back too  so still emotional although I like to pretend I'm ok and  have a laugh about all this...

I done a test on day 3 and 5 on my first pregnancy neg.... I might have even done 7 and then gave up...!!

EM's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Rainy Day,

You didn't make a mistake, I have a son who in an angel - Angel as lovely so I do have one of them.....

I just want more of themmmmm ^reiki^

Em's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Katrina,

I am always inpatient, I've done test on 4-5 and 7th day, they have all come out neg, so if I do a test on the 9th day and it's positive then I know it really is positive.

Thanks for your concern anyway...

Em's

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Ems

Thanks for your message.  I will wait another 5 days before attempting to test.

Good luck to you.

Tweets xx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all again, did you have OHS pains all through the 2ww when you were expecting twins? Did any of you experience hot sweats and sore throats or do I just have a cold coming?

The cramps have started to come on today feeling very much like AF. My ET was last Wednesday so does that make today day 8 or 9?

Siena

1 - 20 of 21 Posts