Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girlies. I'm on my 2nd ICSI. Just had my scan on Day 9 and it showed up a 4mm endometrial polyp in the anterior endometrium. I'm waiting for a call back this arvo from the doc but embryologist said 'not too much of a concern', whereas ultrasound guy said 'hmm, we need to keep an eye on this as it can act as a contraceptive' ?!

I'm sure I'll get all the answers I want from my doctor, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what was the outcome.

I'm on 450IU Gonal F and 10IU Lucrin. I'm responding pretty well but having just read up on the internet about polyps I'm concerned, as it says they can increase chances of miscarriage in patients undergoing IVF.

They don't seem to be in a hurry to abandon this cycle, which is great, but I'm still worried.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Lennypops xxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Lennypops- on this last cycle I had a scan on day 9 which also showed a 'polyp' this hadn;t been seen on any previous scans and there was talk of cancelling the cycle, going to FET etc.  I did a lot of research and decided that due to the size I'd go ahead with tx this month and risk it as I don't get enough eggs to freeze so therefore would be no worse off.

After EC the cons took a more detailed look and confirmed that it was endometrial thickening and not a polyp.  So therefore our worries had been for nothing.

Obviously the clinic have a duty of care to you to inform of any potential health risks and reasons as to why your tx might not work. When are you due back?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Beachgirl
Thanks for your reply.

I'm due to get a call from the clinic this afternoon with my blood work and the doc should be able to tell me a bit more, but I'm due back on Friday for another scan, so hopefully they'll be able to see if it has grown and poses a risk.

Like you, it wasn't showing up last time round. Hopefully it is nothing, but I'd like to be able to go ahead with treatment, especially now we've come this far with the stims.

I didn't have any eggs to freeze last time and may not again this time round.

I'm finding the whole thing so frustrating - grrrrrrrr :'(

Lennypops x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts