Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies!

I am feeling quite down at the moment and it's got something to do with my ET yesterday. I had 11 eggs collected at EC and 6 fertilised.

I was called by the clinic to come in for 10:10 am ET with a full bladder. They wanted to transfer an 8 cell and 6 cell embryo. So, quickly got ready and off we went to Guy's for the transfer.

Got there quite late, bursting for a wee; had to let some out  ;D. Then in for the transfer. I was shown pictures of the embies that they wanted to transfer. The remaining 4 will be left until Day 5/6 to see whether they are good enough to freeze.

Well, did the whole legs in stirrups, thing and speculum (ouch!), prep'd the cervix, lining etc and was ready for the ET.

2 embies were transfered and i was advised to get dressed and i could immediately empty my bladder and carry on as normal.

Which leads me to my question. Is it ok to carry on as normal? I asked the doctor if i needed to bed rest etc straight after ETand she reassured me that it was fine to go back to my normal routine, just not do anything strenous or lift anything heavy. She said there is no evidence that bedrest or going back to normal activities could increase or decrease the chances of pregnancy. So, i took the 1 hour journey home by tube, DH drove us home fom the station, rested for 2 hours then went out to the bank. I had to walk 10 minutes to the bus stop, caught the bus, then got off and had to walk again for about 15 minutes to the bank and had to do the same going back. To be honest i felt fine. Do you think i've overdone it? I just went by what my doctor had told me and now i am reading conflicting information on this site that ladies here bedrest on the day of ET; i think i've just blown my chances of this working now and am really depressed.

When the embies are transferred, do they attach to the uterine lining or do they just float there until they implant? 'coz if they're just floating there then there's a big chance that mine might have come out due to gravity as i was on my feet quite alot yesterday. I know i'm just being silly but i really need to know. Any info is highly appreciated.

Really hoping and praying that i haven't hampered my chances because of my little trip yesterday to the bank.

Silverglitter79

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Silverglitter

After i had my ET, the nurse said that due to gravity it is easier for the embies to settle in when you are standing up....even though it is most commone for people to rest up...think that is more to do with stresses of life than anything else.

Not wanting to give you an anatomy (prob spelt wrong) lesson, but your insides are not all in a vertical position, for example my womb is backwards tilting....and most people have wombs that tilt in one direction or another, so by standing up and going about your normal day to day stuff, can actually help them settle in...but would still take time out to relax and not get stressed.

Your embies are fine hunney, and once you have got to this stage, there is very little that you can or can't do to affect the outcome...."what will be ......will be  !!!!!"

Good luck with your tx

Netty

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Hi,

the embies won't implant until they are at least 5 days old so will float around for a couple of days.

Everyone does different things on 2ww, i rested up for a few days on 1st go and got BFP and 2nd go i carried on as normal and got a BFN. I remember reading on here a while ago that someone went on holiday the day after ET and went the fair and even went on a few rides and she now has a baby so i don't think it makes any difference,   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Good luck

Julia
xxxx

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi silverglitter

On both my cycles i rested as much as possible and had different outcomes, so tbh as long as your not being overly physical and are sensible then you can pretty much carry on as normal but like i say i didn't, i treated myself as if i was pg from the day my embies were transferred  ;)

On your question over weather your embies just 'float' around i was told that although your embies won't implant til day 5 or later, they don't float around because your womb is like a sandwich and cushions your embies, if that makes sense  :)

I wish you all the luck in the world hunny  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Channy xx

·
Registered
817 Posts
i look at it like this, every other woman in the world behaves normally because she doesn't know when "ET" is for her. that seems to work ok. so i just behaved completlely normally, rest of the day off then no time off etc during 2ww. good luck. xx

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies for yor replies ^hugme^

There definitely is alot of conflicting information on this subject. I have just read a few studies and clinical trials about this and the results were comparable. None was better than the other which is probably why clinics nowadays do not advise total bedrest after ET. In another study they actually found that the patients in the group who did not do the total 24 hour bedrest had a higher pregnancy rate than those who did bed rest for 24 hours. Here is the link to the study: http://www.gfmer.ch/PGC_RH_2005/pdf/Mobilization_ET_R.pdf

Anyway, i've now lead to believe that the success of this treatment is down to mother nature now and that there is nothing more that we can do or influence the outcome.

Fingers crossed that my little ones stick and give us our long awaited ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Thanks again for your kind replies.

Silverglitter79

:) This post contains unconfirmed links/information and readers are reminded that
FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts