Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sorry it's BFN and AF arrived ^hugme^

Most clinics will want a level of over 30 nmol/l to indicate ovulation.

Progesterone levels vary so much between women (and even individually each month) that you can't simplify the results so no, 30 nmol/l equals 1 egg, 60 nmol/l equals 2 eggs etc....I'm afraid it just doesn't work like that. Higher levels may indicate more eggs released but it could also mean that only 1 egg has been released but that have naturally high progesterone levels. We are all completely different.

I know it's easier said than done but I would try not to read too much into your results as they really can't indicate much, other than that you ovulated at least 1 egg....which is great. Some women may have higher progesterone levels than another woman who's pregnant....which is why they shouldn't be used to indicate anything other than ovulation happened when tested on cd21 (or 7dpo).

On natural cycles I've had between 61-81 nmol/l and the lowest I ever had was 48 nmol/l which was first cycle after IVF.....when on clomid I had levels of 103 & 105 nmol/l on the 2 months I had progesterone checked and with follicle tracking this indicated I released 2 or 3 eggs....but it was along with having 2 or 3 dominant follicles of similar size that led our consultant to say this. He has said that my high levels of progesterone on a natural may indicate that I release more than 1 egg naturally a month but without having follie tracking on every natural cycle there's no way of knowing.....he also said that because I get a migraine just before AF that this could just be that I have high progesterone and the levels literally crash before I start bleeding and cause my hormones to go a bit haywire.

As I say, try not to read anything into your results....your level of 31 nmol/l shows ovulation which is good. Also, progesterone peaks at 7dpo so having tested on cd21 assumes you ovulated on cd14....ideally try to get progesterone tested at 7dpo.

Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
No problem hun....glad the nurse and me agree ;)

Take care
Natasha x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.