Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

can anyone help me with this one.

What is an appropraiet amount of daytime sleep for Toby to be having at (nearly) 7 months?

I know all babies are very different in this respect but if anyone can tell me what their own bubs were / are doing at this age, it would be helpful.

Up unitl about 10 days ago he was having one nap in the morning of about 1/2 hour, unless we were going out (e.g. into town) when he would sleep for say 10 mins on the way and then say 1/2 an hour in the car on the way back.

Then he would have a long sleep after lunch / ealry afternoon of about 2 hours.

Well now he still seems to need the sleep in the morning, but after lunch, he isnlt sleeping more than 3/4 an hour at most, and then of course he is needing to sleep again later afternoon.  But altogether he is only having about 1 1/2 - 2 hours sleep split into 3 naps, instead of 3 hours.

His nightime sleep doesn;t seem to be affected.

I would really rather he just had one long sleep but I suppose he is a bit young still for that.  .

Any ideas?

love Vicky xxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Vicky

I think it's just individual to each baby. 

Jack used to only every nap for half an hour at a time no matter what age, but used to total around 1.5 - 2 hours each day.  At 6 months though he was doing 15 hour nights. 

Ben's currently waking around 8.00 am (usually have to wake him at this time as he has to come on the nursery run with Jack).  Then he has a short nap of an hour between 10 and 11 (but again - he gets woken from this to go to collect Jack from nursery), then he has 2-3 hours straight in the afternoon, say from 2-4/5.  If we're out and about though he won't sleep for more than around half an hour and is then usually tired the next day and catches up if he gets to stay in in the afternoon. 

If nursery's not involved, ie. what happened over the summer hols when he was closer to the age Toby is now, he would have 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. 

He always gets 12 each night. 

I think like adults though, some babies need more/less than others and so long as night time sleep's not affected, I'd just say let Toby sleep as he needs.  I often let Ben sleep late into the afternoon - say 6 pm - and he goes to bed at 8.00 pm, but as it's not affecting him at night, I can't see it as a problem. 

Jack didn't really start having one sleep a day until he was around 18 months, I think - can't really remember now!  :-\

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol Woppa..

Yep, Toby does not much like his cot during the day.  He went through a phase when he would sleep in there during the day but then he sudddenly twigged and has not gone in there during the day for several weeks now.  he sleeps with me in our bed during the day or occasionally in the travel cot in our room, but won;t go in his.

He does sleep from 7pm til 6 or 7am, it's just he usually wakes twice for feeds during that time.  But he pretty much always goes back to sleep after.

He did have a nice sleep this afternoon for an hour & a half or so, so perhaps it's just his teeth making him a bit unsettled.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jayne, your children are angels!!

Vicky xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
^roflmao^  Not always  ;)  ;D 

Love

Jayne x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts