Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone about to start that wants to chat here?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello

I’m starting next month, just waiting for my D1 then I’ll go on the pill to sync with my donor

This is our final try.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi CurlyGirl1225

I'm already preparing for our 2nd DEIVF transfer on the 7th of March.
Sorry for asking but what is a D1?
I'm taking the birth control pill at the moment and down regulation injection on the 5th of February.
X

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello!

D1 is first day of period. Then I’m on the pill until my donor is ready and we will both come off the pill st the same time to sync cycles as I’ll have a fresh transfer this time. Think it’ll be mid March now. I’m so impatient.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi

Ah, thanks!
I'm having a fresh transfer too and I'm equally impatient!
All my friends became pregnant with donor eggs recently, I'm the only one left, it has to work this time!!
Could you choose your donor or did your clinic match you?
How many are you going to transfer? Do you get them PGS tested?
x

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi I would like to join on here if that’s ok ?
I’m going for DE in March which is frozen from our last cycle - just waiting for my period to start and I will be doing a mock month in preparation- trust it to be late!!

A little bit about myself I have already 3 children  2014, 2016 and 2018 all by the same donor using a clinic in Spain  and we have 4 day 5’s on ice - I can’t stop thinking of the other ones and want one last try to see if we can complete our little family. I thank the lord for what we already have been blessed with and know we have been incredibly lucky - just hoping our luck continues a little longer x

Just finished with all the tests they requested and now just waiting for D1
Will be great to get to know you all and good luck xx

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Besidetheseaside I have watched loads of you tube videos on donor treatment and ivf and pgs worth a look. One Dr I watched said on one of his Donor Egg videos that using young donor eggs has such high chances that it’s ‘just a matter of time before you’re pregnant’.  I keep that firmly in mind now.

My Spanish clinic have said they’ve matched me with a new donor now and who will only find out blood type and height I think. Honestly I dont really care as long as she’s very healthy and had all the tests she needs.

I’d like to transfer 2 to increase the odds but as we have a child already from DEIVF then my husband is scared of twins happening. As hard as that would be I would be over the moon. So I guess it’s just one. iF we get that far.

PGS/PGD. Such a minefield.  So many conflicting stories and theories. I’ve decided to see what embryos we get on d1. I’m am thinking I probably won’t  This is our last cycle. The £3.5k PGS cost would only give us less chances and less cash. It’s not proven to be 100% and I had to terminate a PGS tested baby at 14 weeks last year so I’m not the biggest fan.

Betty, wow what a beautiful family you’ve achieved. I hope you get to complete it this year. No reason you shouldn’t. Sounds like all your stars are aligned to get your 4th.

AFM. I had my blood tests back yesterday. All good. My thyroid is back on track. Lining scan last week was good too. No fluid in my uterus which delayed a cycle last year. And my Lining was 10mm in medicated so all good signs. So D1 is next week, I’ll be on the pill until I’m synced with my donor, then we both stop and I wait for D1 then transfer hopefully D16 ish. All in all mid to end March it seems. At least I can say next month now.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

I finally got my date to start. 24th Feb. I’m feeling excited now that I know my plan

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi everyone :)

Good to hear CurlyGirl1225 that you can start on the 24th of February. When is your transfer  scheduled?

I have started with Estrogen today, transfer will be on the 7th of March!

We decided not to do PGS for the same reasons you've mentioned before.

When are you starting betty21?

Fingers crossed that this will be our time :)
x

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

Not sure yet as it depends on when my donors collection is. Mid March is my guess for transfer.

Were your clinic ok about not doing pgs?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi CurlyGirl1225

Our clinic doesn't do PGS but that's okay with us.
I know couples which had PGS tested embryos and it didn't work. My friend had mosaic embryos twice and they would have had a chance if they would have transferred them instead of testing them. I think it's different with donor eggs anyway. I'd definitely do the harmony test though.

I hope you find out soon when your transfer will be.
Are you taking any supplements or are you doing anything special this time?

x

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

Well I’ve been off the alcohol this time and trying to drink more water. Conception vits and high dose folicacid  is all that be done so I hope it’s enough.

You?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi

I'm not off anything this time just folic acid, baby aspirin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D and try to relax.
I had cycles where I did everything possible and it didn't work.
I found out in January that I had chronic Endometritis (not Endometriosis!) and took for 2 weeks a special antibiotics which I hope did sort that out. Apparently it can cause multiple implantation failure and miscarriage and it doesn't make any symptoms. So worth checking it or just talking doxycycline for 2 weeks can sort it out.

With which clinic you are going with?
We are with an Ukrainian clinic.
We are going to transfer 3 embryos if we have enough and you?

xx

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi

I did wonder about aspirin. I might ask my clinic when to start that on.

I’m with a clinic in Spain.  Easy to get to and it’s all very familiar if I have to alone which I think I I will have to next month.

If we are lucky and have any to transfer then it’ll only be 1. As much as I like the increased odds of two I don’t think I could cope if twins were the result. I hope that I will get 2 or 3 goes st this fresh round.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi girls
Hope everyone is keeping well?
I’m currently on my mock month and stopping all meds 25 Feb and should have a bleed a few days later then starting all meds 4th March - transfer is now booked in for 18th March - I’m traveling to Spain alone for mine as DH will stay at home with the family - I have to go for a week as I need hormone bloods and scan done few days before so doing a week x

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi CurlyGirl1225 and betty21

How are you?

CurlyGirl1225- we were thinking of going to Spain if we exhausted our 5 DE cycle package. A lot of couples are successful there. Do you have any news on your transfer date?

Betty21- only 18 days until your transfer! I'm also travelling on my own as my husband can't get the time off work. How many days are you going to take Estrogen?

AFM- I started Estrogen already and I'm flying out on the 6th of March, transfer the next day. Going to go for lining scan in London tomorrow and starting Progesterone on Saturday.

Have a lovely evening everyone x

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi

How did your scan go yesterday?

So I got my D1 this week. First Lining scan is on D8  Still no idea when I’ll be over there. I guess once the donor has had her first scan we will know more.  I think it’ll be around the 11th though

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi

Great CurlyGirl you are on D1 now!
Are you going to book your flights short notice?
Do you have any issues with the lining or do you respond properly?

My scan went well, thank you :) 8.2mm and I started Progesterone today.
I'm also on an Immunglobulin infusion right now, will have another one on transfer day and if the pregnancy test is (hopefully) positive.

How are you betty21?

X

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi

Yes I’ll book flight as soon as they give me the go ahead. I’ll go the night before I think so it’s not too rushed

Linings have been ok previously although one time I had to cancel a cycle due to unexplained fluid so that’s my only worry right now.

All sounds good for you. Where’s your clinic?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wow almost there then besidetheseaside your lining sounds already excellent - how long will you be in Spain for?

So Im currently on my period which has been such a heavy one after I stopped meds - it’s been that mad it’s bad! The mock month must have been a good one and my lining must have been thick lol.
I start back on the patches on 4th March -I have now booked my flight for 12th as I need to be there for 13th for scan and hormone test and then a few days to prepare before transfer on 18th and home 19th - think it will be a long week especially by myself but got a few books and Netflix so hopefully it will go quickly.
So my embryos left over from previous cycle is day 5’s from a fresh cycle we never had PGS on them - but i have had harmony testing with all my babies, have always had to pay privately for that but found it always very reassuring so if I was to get that far this time I would definitely do that again.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts