Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lovely people,
I know people have asked before re London clinics for DE IVF, but I wonder if anyone has relatively recent experience/opinions of egg sharing (as a recipient) at either CRM or LWC in London? Also I'd be interested in peoples experiences as the donor at these clinics.

I have read thru' loads of threads - I just want to be clear on which one to chose as obviously it's an important decision to make. At the moment my preference is with LWC as I think they guarantee a minimum of 5 viable eggs for the recipient (compared with 3 at CRM), & if there isn't 5 eggs, you can go back to the top of the waiting list.

Any advice/info would be very very welcome

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
I can't comment on donor or recipient of eggs at the LWC, but I received donor sperm IVF treatment there and could not fault it.
As you can see I am 18 weeks pregnant.
They have got me pregnant twice out of 2 fresh attempts and I actually quite enjoyed my treatment there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hazel. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I am hovering between these 2 clinics. LWC guarantee you 5 eggs whereas CRM only 3. However, CRM's waiting list is less at 6-8 months versus LWCs 9-12 months - this really matters at my age!

Thanks again  :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hi helen,

I had tx as a egg recipient at CRM and cannot recommend them highly enough (as you can see from my signature I was successful.) I found them to be very professional and calm, and very good at keeping in touch which I wasn't used to.

I was suprised to hear you say that CRM 'guarantee' 3 eggs - when I had tx there they didn't guarantee any at all! We had to sign a form to say we accepted this risk. I was very lucky and got 16 eggs, but I know not everyone is that lucky. Maybe they've changed their policy since I had tx there (it was only October last year though...)

Good luck with your decision.

Jo x

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jo,
Thanks for replying & for the info - all very useful. Did you have IVF with your own eggs at CRM or was this with donor eggs? I ask because with donor eggs you get half the number the donor produced, therefore if you got 16 eggs I am presuming you mean these were the eggs you produced for yourself? Or did you mean that 16 eggs were shared between the two of you? That's what I meant by being guaranteed 3 eggs ie. the donor must produce at least 6 for the egg share (between donor & recipient) to take place (or the donor can decide to give you all her eggs then have a reduced or free IVF cycle next time).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,
Don't know anything about LWC, but we have just had a cycle at CRM as a donor egg recipient.  Yes as Jo said at CRM they only go ahead with the egg-sharing if there are at least 6 eggs.  We actually got 12 eggs, so our donor produced 24 eggs in total.
We were really impressed with CRM.  If our first cycle with them hadn't worked we had already decided that we would use them again for our next go.  As you can see we have been successful so far, so I would definitely recommend CRM.
The only thing that was a big disappointment to me was the length of the wait.  When we signed up they told us the wait for a donor would be between 4 and 6 months, but we actually waited 10 months which was torture (I am very impatient and also because of my age I just didn't want to wait!)  But several of the ladies on the CRM recipients thread had a much shorter wait than me and CRM told me that our long wait was because I had difficult characteristics to match with.  I am caucasian, have brown hair and blue eyes so I wouldn't have thought I was a particularly difficult person to match to.  So maybe you could ask both those clinics about the estimated wait taking into account your own characteristics, rather than just the average.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Daisy70 xx

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Daisy, I really appreciate this info.
I am thinking CRM now since their waiting list is shorter (in theory) & so far the comments about them have been very good. Huge congratulations for your pregnancy! I look forward to hearing how you get on.

All the best to everyone  ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hi Helen,
Yes, I was an egg recipient, and my donor produced 33 eggs (would you believe!) so I got 16.

I get what you are saying about the 'guaranteed' 3 eggs, as I am aware that the donor has to produce at least 6 to be able to egg share. However, I was told by CRM that most women, if they don't produce more than 6, generally choose to keep all for themselves, and in these instances you as the recipient would still have to pay the full wack except for a £1000 refund.  I'm sure there are exceptions though.

Still, I'm really not trying to put you off, as CRM are great, and I would recommend them to anyone. My treatment there was smooth and stress free. Like Daisy, I had to wait a little longer to be offered a donor (I waited 8 months whne I had been told max 6months wait), but I think at the time they were hugely busy, don't know if they've caught up with themselves yet or not.

Good luck,
Jo x

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your replies guys.

Jo - I understood that if the donor decides to keep her 6 (or less) eggs then I, as the recipient, would get a full refund less approx £950 which is a cancellation fee. I hope my version is the right way around as it'd be jolly expensive the other way! I will check this.

Winsome - I think you can go on as many waiting lists as you like. The trouble is you have to pay for this (non refundable) & an initial consultation. In the case of CRM this will be a total of £680 (£450 + £230). LWC is £795 for the waiting list together with  initial consultation.

Thanks again to everyone

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Helen,

Just thought I would jump in on here!

I am doing DE at LWC, and was told there is £950 cancellation fee too if the donor pulls / doesn't repsond, I think it's just to cover the drugs and scans that I will have. Seems abit harsh but I guess we don't have that much of a choice.

As for LWC, I would say all the staff have been lovely, but I have had a few cock ups from them. So wouldn't 100% recommend them. But I think we are just abit unlucky!

xx

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
If they still do it - not sure if they do, the LWC reduce the fee for the initial consultation from £295 to £125 if you attend the inseminar open evening and book a date there and then.
I did it in 2008, so it is 2.5 years ago and they might not do the same offer now.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Millie & Hazel.

Yes, the reduction in consultation fee if you attend a seminar was mentioned to me on the phone by LWC so it is still happening.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi as an egg donor I found LWC brilliant, I felt very relaxed and enjoyed my experience with them. my last cycle 4yrs ago was a negative for me but my recipient had a positive which resulted in twin girls which I am so happy about she deserves it  :-* (wish i could have 1 pic of them  :)). I managed to have 11 eggs for me and 10 for my recipient on this cycle.

I am in the middle of my 2nd egg share and again LWC have been wonderful, im hoping for a pos this time if not I just hope my recipient gets what she deserves a BFP  :)

XXX

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have just found this thread after I posted the same question and am very interested in what people have to say about both clinics.

Helen, I sent you a separate message but have now seen this thread so thanks anyway.  I think I'm veering more to CRM from what I have read, and see that you have chosen them too.  As you say, they seem to have a shorter waiting list, and also at my age that matters!  Good luck with your treatment, fingers crossed for you.

Good luck to everyone else too! :)

Bev

1 - 14 of 14 Posts