Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 126 Posts
hi

could i be added on the list as well, i am having my blood test on the 14th december(my mum's birthday) not sure if that's a good thing

thanks

hi girlies,

I had to tell you what my hubby did last night - u will all love this .........

I was relating to my hubby how it feels for us 2ww-ers by saying - if i go to the loo, say, once every hour or so and then a couple of times through the night, then i go through the same thoughts of dread about 14 times every day i.e.

" please, please, please dont let a/f be here today" ^eyes^

and thats apart from every twinge you stop what your doing just for a second and wonder "why did i feel that? :-[ have i done something :-\- stretched too much , bent over funny or coughed too HARD!" ^dunce^

Yes we all have such ridiculous thoughts and he then asked me......now wait for it......he asked me what day NEXT WEEK i will find out if its worked!!!!?????? :eek:

By the way folks i'm testing in 2 days ( friday)!!!!! The best is still to come........ When i said it was friday he said
" oh blimey is that two weeks up? HASN'T IT FLOWN?!!!!!!!!!! ^dunce^ ^furios^ ^surprise^ ^scared^ ^roflmao^

What is he like????? I laughed so hard i nearly wee'd! I wish i could say it had flown! ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Well, i've been in 2 minds about doing a test today? I haven't bought one but i think i will tomorrow. I should test friday but i really don't think its fair on us to have to do a wee test and then sit in the waiting room and have to wait - i'd rather know before i go so i'll do one tomorrow night probably.

I haven't had any nasty syptoms like last time no brown stuff (sorry TMI ^tmi^) yet and no real a/f pains as yet either. But i'm not counting any chickens yet.

Well Good luck to everyone whose testing over the next couple of days and i'll be back if there's anything to report - good or bad!

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Good Luck
Lara ^daisy^

Wow Larac, thanks for making me  ;D! You must have felt like throttling him!! I test Friday too, same as you. I remember last time, the 48 hours or so before testing are pretty weird, as you think, well if I am pg, it'll be amazing to get a BFP on the wee stick, but if I'm not, at least I've got the hope that I am for another day or two.

Here's hoping for the both of us!

^reiki^ ^reiki^

Abby

Hi everyone

Can i join you please, had et today, official test date is xmas day, but because clinic is obviously closed then, i am having blood test on 23rd.

take care
bitbit
xxxxx

Evening ladies,
Hope you dont mind me parking here for the rest of my 2 ww which is seriously doing my head in!  Just to clear any confusion, there is another Mrs G who has been around longer than me and i didnt realise this at the time of joining.  Think Im different because of my _! LOL
Doc has told me to test on 17th but Meg on iui girls worked it out as 15th as i had iui on 1st! Think I will just try and leave it until the latter!!
I hold my hands up to buying far too many tampax in an attempt to influence my outcome ;D  Dh thinks i am quite mad - he may be onto something there!  Ju - not sure about the icicle thing - YUCK!!!
Anyway, sending lots of luck to everyone! ^reiki^
Love
Amanda x

Hi everyone.
This is my first 2ww so I'm quite relieved you are all here for support. I had ET today and have been told to test 22nd december. Feeling quite nervous, loved the idea about the tampons though!!
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
charliemouse
xx
knicker police are allready on alert in our house!!

hi to all the new ladies - u are definitely in for a week or two to remember - paranoid city here u come :eek: ??? ::) ^eyes^ ;D :mad: and knicker checking galore.

You are all in good compnay though because we all do it - and we all think we're the ONLY one doing it so don't worry.

If you have any concerns voice them on here and you'll get loads of support and advice, this place is like a goldmine for that.

Abby, I was wondering if you're tempted to test early - or are u gonna stick it out?

I've got exactly 34 hours till i have my official test and i am gonna be a bit naughty and do on in 24 hours (tomorrow night before bed i think!)

But please don't call the early testing police ^police^ because i really need to know before i get there this time.
I might even do it in the day so i can ring the clinic and tell them ....i don't know what to do i'm in a bit of a tizz :eek: :'(

Well time for bed for me - no work tomorrow so a nice lie in tomorrow and then wrapping prezzies ( if i can concentrate on anything else tomorrow that is! :-\ )

Good luck to all of us

And just a quick note - has anybody else seen the poll in the voting room regarding having  ^BMS^ during the 2 week wait (especially the old orgasm!) I would be intrigued to know what you ladies with the positives did - abstain or not.
My leaflet from the clinic says to avoid it but hey I'm only human and i avoided it last time and got a -ive so i think it's worth a try!!!!!
It looks quite positively that they actually HELP it to work - lets hope the theory works !!!??? ^hump^ ;D

Good luck girls and here's some fairy dust
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^
here's wishing for some more  ^BFP^ please!

Lara ^daisy^

Just popping in to say hello to you all.  There are a few posts here since I last looked which had me  ^roflmao^

good to know we are all going slightly loopy on the 2ww.  I am on day 6 now so at least I can say it is a week tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone.

^xmassmile^      ^xmassmile^      ^xmassmile^    ^xmassmile^

what a good idea sicknote - I might hang tampax on my christmas tree!  How come some of you girls have a blood test?  I've just been given a pee stick and told to test 16 days from e/t?  May as well be 16 months - doesn't time drag. Keep positive everyone  ^reiki^.  What a time of year to be doing this to ourselves - lets hope we get a lovely christmas present this year.  To you girls with negatives, lets hope 2005 will be a positive year for you. I'll make a wish for everyone on ff when i find the coin in the christmas pud!!
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Hel31 xxx

Hi Larac

I'm going to wait to test till first thing tomorrow morning. Thought about doing it tonight, but have a busy night ahead, and somehow it sort of feels right to wait until the morning. (When I tested in the evening last time round, it ruined my entire day as I was so nervous leading up to it, then so upset after the BFN). Probably means I just won't get any sleep tonight though instead!

I'm sure if you do go ahead and test tonight that it won't make that much of a difference to the result though (when I tested last time it was the night before I should have tested).

will be thinking of you and sending  ^reiki^ your way...

Abby

Hi bitbit3

i have just spotted you are having a blood test now on 23rd, do you get the results that day?

how many cells did your embryos have (if not to cheeky) do you think there good one's?

just thought i would welcome you to the worst 2 weeks of your life lol

i hope goes well for you & all us other on the dreaded 2ww

Shelly77

big  ^Cuddle^ and lots of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ coming your way.

Hi Shelly77

Yes they will give us the results after 3pm on the 23rd, our embies were both 4 cells, clinic seemed pleased with them so i can only go on their opnion, so im hoping they are good.

take care
bitbit
xxxx

Hi everyone,
How is everyone's 2ww going?
I went for my bloods yesterday and I got a BFP. ^banana^...
I still cant believe it. DH and me are in shock. I did a hpt over the weekend and it came back negative. Was gutted and had resigned myself to icsi not working this time.
Am very scared though. Not sure why but also a tad excited.
The 2ww was the worst. Am glad its over now.
I wanted to say thank you to everyone that gave so much love and support over the past two weeks. I will be on the board lots still as I still need you all ^reiki^ ^reiki^....wishing you all the best for the 2ww too.
Shelleyxxx

CONGRATULATIONS SHELLEY.
TAKE CARE FOR THE NEXT 9 MONTHS.
LOVE
WELSHY AND STEVE xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Congratulations Shelley

WELL DONE YOU!!!!! ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Question, do you girls count the day if your basting (if on iui) as day 1?  I am counting mine as day one so am on day 7 and I actually think my first week has passed quite quickly!  Also, have been feeling extremely tired in the mornings since the insem, so tired in fact that I really don't want to get out of bed and my boobs have also been really heavy in the morning!  Anyone else had this and wondering if it's a good sign! ???

Anyway, another 7 days to go and trying my hardest not to think about it and setting myself up already for another disappointment!

Hope you gals are all coping well!

Love

Karen xxx

Hi girls,

Not looking good i'm afraid - due to test tomorrow (12dpt) and woke up this AM with a teeny weeny bit of browny stuff (sorry) and so decided i had to test now to be prepared for a bad result.

Well fetched a double pack and when i got back i tested with the teeniest bit of wee ( must have been the nerves) and sadly it a BFN. ^eyes^

I'm ok at the moment as i've still got a inkling of ^reiki^ left in me to think that maybe i am only just implanting or something and i'll not show +ive till may be sunday or something- who knows.

I'm much happier though that i have tested myself b4 the actual day because once i'm in the clinic it seems like mega pressure and the short 5 min wait killed me last time (especially since i expected good news)

I'm not saying its completely over yet, but it's looking that way so i'll keep u lot posted and pass on a little fairydust before i leave.

Going to get my hair done now and take my woofy for a lovely walk.

I'm surprised really that i'm not all crying and devastated but if i've learn't one thing about this rollercoaster - its the old saying
what doesn't kill us - makes us stronger
and i know i have other chances and if its not this time it will happen another time - i aint given up yet!
NO SIR-EE! ;)

I'll probably do another test in the morning b4 we go to the hosp if the old ^witch^ doesn't pop in for a visit - but i feel so much more in control for having made the decision myself so i'm ok for now.

I've got very slight belly pain but i've had it for most of the 2ww it has been mostly been wind (sorry).

Good luck to Abby and everyone else testing and waiting - lets keep the ^reiki^ 's rolling in.
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
Speak to you all soon.

Lara ^daisy^

Shelley

That is fantastic - we both made it.  Have been checking hotmail like a mad thing looking for your email and so thought I would log on to FF to see if you had updated.  I am so happy for you - this is the best news I have had since last Thursday.
Will send you a proper email but see that you are logged on at the moment so hoping that you get this soon.  And why are you not at work?
Send my love to DH and a big congratulations.
lots of love
Eliza

Shelley Great news, you're giving me hope as I've done HPTs days 10, 11 and 12 (blood test tomorrow) and all were neg, so was really upset today :'( :'(, so hopefully it'll be different with the blood test.  Absolutely dreading it.  Been emotional wreck all day.

I notice some people have been told to test on day 16?  Why are clinics differet I wonder?

Anyway good news for you.

Wishing everyone best of luck.

I have heard that a blood test is far mor accurate than a urine test. I have also had a friend test 3am in the morning and it was negative. She was then due to go and have a blood test the following day and almost didn't go because the urine test was negative, turns out she was pregnant!!

21 - 40 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.