Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3310 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tought I would start a new place for us to all hang out.

Hope you dont mind as I have used the snowflake name

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ME AGAIN

I have just been speaking to my mum and she has told me that she is going to pay for me and DP to stay in a hotel the night before EC until the day after ET so we can rest instead for travelling back & fourth to london. ;D ;D ;D

I am so pleased, my mum is such a great lady. ^Heart^

Does anyone know of a good hotel in london close to st barts

Sahara (sarah)

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
HIya,

Thanks Sarah for putting our new name up -like it  ;) !!

Just come here for a general moan, really!  ;D

My Mum is usually totally fab - she tried for me for 9 years, so usually 'gets' what I'm on about!
Anyway, she just rang, to tell me .... her cousin's son's wife (still with me?!  ;D ) who I don't even know had a baby last month.  ::) 
Now, why I'd want to know this, I have no idea.  She said she was telling me 'in case I heard it from someone else, and got upset'  Like WHO?!  You never hear his name mentioned, and I live over 200 miles away from that side of the family.   
She had to tell me 'they got married 2 months after I did, the date the baby was born, she also went into great detail about the photo she has seen, and also his name - like this - They've called him Benjamin ... ermmmm... yes .... (me rolling eyes  ::) and saying 'Mum, its ok, I don't care what they called him) .....Joseph ......  George ....... oh, and he was 6lb 12oz, they concieved very quickly, apparently'  ::) ^zombie^   
I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY CALLED HIM ,HOW BIG HE WAS!!!  :mad:    :mad:   
I HATE that she told me, I have no idea why she felt she had too.  Now I just feel like poo. 

Urgh.  Sorry, just needed to offload, and know you girls understand.  ^Heart^

Sarah - Oh, how lovely of your Mum  :)    Sorry, I don't know of any good hotels, but I do have family in London, I'll ask them, maybe they will know?!  ;)  Also, you could try rining St. Barts, they usually have a list of hotels patients use.  ;)

Hugs
Marie xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya

I love the name sarah

Marie ur mum sounds exactly like my mum

You have my sincere sympathy hunny

Just wanted to pop by and wish you both lots and lots of luck with ur cycles

Will pop by every now and then to check ur progress if u dont mind

Love and best wishes
Emilyxx

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sahara, thats really nice of your mum, i too don't know of any nice hotels, only go to london shopping so can only recommend hotels in centre.

Marielou, know where your coming from with your mum!

December snowflakes is a brilliant name!!

Hope you are all well, must go to work :-\ now so might speak to you all later,

Lots of love

Emma ;D

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Thanks for the support girls, was just so upset last night and needed to tell someone .... I wished I'd have told her last night how much it upset me, but you know ......    :-\ 

Emily, hun would love you to pop by whenever you want  :-*  How are you doing?

Marie xx

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi snowflakes

Im glad you like the name as much as i did and didnt mind me starting of a new topic.

Marielou - Im sorry to hear about your ordeal, my mum never know weather to tell me about others getting pregnant r not. Sometimes other people just dont realise how it effects us. Hope you are ok now ^Cuddle^

emily - pop in anytime you like nice to hear from you. Hope your ok

Emma k, and everyone else hope your ok
Take care
sarah

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi snowflakes

Sahara - i love the name! Hope you have found a nice hotel for your stay in London.

Marie - i know how you feel about all the baby news. Last year just about every girl i know had a baby and I seemed to spend half my life buying baby stuff for other people. Luckily I only have one pregnant friend at the moment so I am enjoying the break!!!! The last thing you need is to hear about distant relatives and their powers of fertility (still you did say your mum was fab for most of the time, so hopefully she was just having a bad day!)

i was working yesterday and I do 24 hour shifts so this is the first time I have had to check the board. I see you have all been busy!  ;D

Even though I had a really easy laid back shift yesterday I am feeling really tired and drained today which is how I always feel after work so I have decided that I am going to take lots of time off for my tx. I have quite a bit of annual leave left and I am going to use most of it up and take off the whole of January. I know it sounds a bit drastic but I don't want anything to have a negative effect on my tx. I love my job but find it really stressful and so I think a few weeks to relax during d/regging is probably just as important as time off on the 2ww. I am lucky because I work a strange shift pattern which means I can have a lot of time off while only using a few annual leave days. I am going to meet with my boss on Thursday and see what she thinks. I could just get signed off sick so I am hoping that she will appreciate that i am going to use annual leave even if it means she is short on staff for a while!

I have just realised this isn't the most interesting message  ;D What are you all planning to do about work during tx?

speak to you all soon

Lots of love

FLH x x x x

·
Registered
391 Posts
Afternoon Peeps, we're growing already

Excuse any duplications for those of you on male factor thread too!

Marie ~ were taking vitafem and vitamen, decided not to bother with DHA, have to draw the line somewhere.  I was worried about DH compliance, had just got him on 2 weeks of zinc when the Zita W order arrived.  To be fair he seems to be managing the vitamen three times a day.  I want to smother him when he's home saying have you taken them, I have asked a couple of times and try to bite my tongue all the rest of the times when I want to ask.  Am swallowing a fair bit of blood!  I've taken three days of the vitafem, my urine (sorry if TMI) has turned fluorescent, very alarming.  Am going to send a mail to Zita West site but from my internet enquiries seems to be a byproduct of a good multivitamin, B12 and folate excretions when the body has enough, confused, you will be!

I chuckled when I read your post re the AA man, I'm a natural flirt, being a libran I see it as my right!  Am super duper flirty when I am stimming so watch out, lol.

Eeyore that's a lovely fur baby pic, is it a pure lab?  I look after guide dogs from time to time, have lots of lab, ret crosses.  Have decided if next lot of ICSI doesn't work then it's fur baby time for us. 

Sahara, what a lovely gesture from your Mum, you must be thrilled all round.  Hope you get sorted, think the asking Barts is a good idea. 

FLH, I'm planning to take leave between Xmas and New Year which will give me 11 days off, thats hopefully when I'm downreg so if I feel lousy and tearful I don't have the pressure of work to go to.  Defo taking 2WW off this time.  Planning to take it very easy.  Have problems as I use an anaesthetic gas at work now and can't be in contact first trimester.  Least I don't have to blab away if its BFN and if it's a BFP will have to say at that stage when I go back.  Feels weird as I probably shouldn't moan if its BFP but I'd only be 4 weeks and very very early to have to declare anything but no way around it unfortunately. 

Had a bad few days, got to work this am and had a rant about it on the male thread if anyone wants boring!  Feeling better already, this site is such a godsend when you just need to let rip!

How's everyone else doing?

Hugs to all

Lolly

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just a quick message to say hi, I'm still around and we are still on target for treatment in Dec/Jan.  Hopefully at the end of this week, we will have some dates.

I am sitting an exam on the 4 November and I'm spending every waking moment studying.  So, won't be around too much until then.

Hope everyones preparations are going well ... like everyone else, just can't wait to start.

Karen x

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi all

Just got back from my information appointment and I am totally overwhelmed  :-\ I have been reading stuff about icsi for months and although they haven't told me anything new I suppose it all just seems real for the first time. The injection pen makes a horrible noise and I kept dropping all the stuff when the nurse was trying to show me how to use it. I am also worried that I will have forgotten how to use it by January!! Dp was really good and said he will happily prepare all the stuff as long as I actually inject, so I suppose that is a help  ;D

The fact that you can't wear deodarant or purfume on ec day just made me realise how fragile the little embies are.

I am more than willing to go through all the stuff but I just can't imagine what it must feel like to go through all that discomfort and stress and then get a bfn.

sorry to sound negative, I think I just need a night or two to let it all sink in. Dp has agreed to decorate the bedroom so I will have somewhere nice to rest so good things are coming out of it already  ;D

Hope you are all ok

lots of love

FLH x x x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
Just found out that I should be able to start dr about 7th dec.

I am so excited to be going again, I had my 1st try after dd in jan/feb this year and that was neg so decided to wait a bit and finally couldnt wait anymore. so here i am.

mi

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi Mi

Welcome to the thread  :) I am sure you are an expert if you are on your 5th go!  I will be down/regging about a week after you so hopefully we can keep eachother company.

Take care

FLH x

·
Registered
391 Posts
Morning Peeps

Welcome Mi!

Flh, hope you are manging to get through all the information and digest it. So different when it's really happening at last isn't it?  What are you doing with your bedroom?

Lolly X

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi lolly

I am feeling happier today after having some time to think things through. dp said that he is really pleased that he can help me with the injections because he finally has something useful he can do. He said that because I have read so much stuff and 'seem to know everything' he didnt feel that there was much left for him to do. I felt really guilty when he said that and I am going to try and make him feel as involved as possible. Helping me with the injections will be great and I am sure he will be helping out loads when treatment actually starts.

We were planning to paint the bedroom but I have just started reading Marilyn Glenville and she advises not to decorate!!! Is there anything we CAN do??? I am going to go ahead anyway next weekend because although I am trying to eat healthily etc. I think if we did everything she said we would stop living our lives all together!

So, we are just painting really and getting new curtains (and hopefully carpet) I am looking forward to having a nice place to relax in.

How are you feeling lolly? Still stressed at work? I noticed that you were admiring eeyore's labrador. We have a lovely yellow boy who is about 18 months old. He is an absolute star apart from yesterday when I put my new duvet cover on the bed and went back a few hours later to find he had eaten all ten buttons off it  :mad:  I still love him though  ;D

hope everyone is well  :)

FLH x x

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm tons better thanks FLH, feeling much more positive! 

I look after guide dogs, gen have lab/ret crosses.  If we're not successful with ivf were going to get our own fur baby.  Just wondering on which to get.  Any advice appreciated. Adorable aren't they!

Lolly X

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Lolly

I could write pages about my boy! but I wont bore you. We chose a lab because we wanted a dog that is good with children (we didn't know then that we would be waiting for so long for the children to arrive!!!) Anyway, he has lived up to all expectation and is really gentle. I have never heard him growl or be aggressive in any way. We took him to my Grandma's 80th birthday where he was surrounded by children for two days (they never left him alone) He was fantastic with them. He loves sleeping so isn't much bother at home but he also copes well with long walks (better than i do!)

The only thing I would say is that he has had a number of little illnesses (sore eyes, dry skin and sometimes a sore front pore) these seem to be problems of the breed. If you could get a lab/retriever cross they would probably be healthier because they have a better mix of genes.

I hope your human baby comes first but if you do end up getting a pooch then labs are fab. They are also almost too cute when they are pups. I have a house full of photos (sad but true)

Speak soon  ;D

FLH x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Oooooh I just had to join in on the fur-baby talk ;)
I have a 3.4 year old, Old English Sheepdog, Max, who is totally our baby. He is such a sweetheart, a real little personality, and I wouldnt be without him. Mark got him for me after we were told we needed IVF, he was just 8 weeks old then, and yes, he is our 'baby' !!
FLH - Max is a pedigree as well, and with OES, seems to come bowel problems. ::) We are forever having to find him food which is ok for his sensitive belly, he is always suffering with the squits, bless him, and he also needs him bottom clipping (not the skin, the fur ;D ) on a regular basis, to keep him clean. Wouldnt be without him, though. ;)

I am getting a little worried. CD14, and since yesterday, I've been spotting. I thougth maybe I was ovulating, but out of habit, I decided to temp this morning, and my temps are low, so I doubt I have ovualted yet. Today, my spotting was red, but still only when I wipe, not much staining on undies (sorry!) I only got my BFN 2 weeks ago today, so am wondering what is up.

My follow-up appt is tomorrow, will let you know more then.

FLH - I havent heard about the deodorant thing before - I used deodrant on my EC day, and got 30 mature eggs. Mind, I still got a BFN. ::) :'( I have heard on american sites about not using shampoo on EC/ET day, but just assumed it was americans being OTT! I'll ask my clinic about it tomorrow ....

December Snowflakes!

Bex75 - IVF - Start date 18/12
Dotty- Egg Share ICSI - December
EmmaK - IVF - Dec/Jan
FLH - ICSI - January
Kiwikaz - ICSI - Dec/Jan
Lollypop67 - ICSI - January - appt 01/11
Marielou - ICSI - December - appt 28/10
MI - IVF - Start date 07/12
Sahara - IVF - Start Date 21/12

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi Marielou

Max sounds lovely. Its nice to have someone to pamper isnt it. Our boys (we've got a cat as well) get Christmas presents and we have a friend who sends them birthday badges for their collars!

Hope everything is ok at your appointment tomorrow. About the deodorant:The nurse told us that before ec I should not wear any make up, deodorant, or hair products. She said that none of the nursing staff are allowed to wear it on ec day either (sounds like it could all get a bit pongy) Maybe its just our clinic being extra careful - who knows!!

Thanks for another great list. I am hoping to start sniffing in mid december but should get my proper dates at our next appoinment on 11th November.

Lots of love to you and max

FLH x x

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just dropped by to say hello and see how everyone is doing!

Welcome mi! All us snowflakes are so excited about our forthcoming treatment, fingers crossed that this go is the lucky go!

FLH - I also haven't heard about deodorant, shampoo thing but will def. ask!

Marielou - good luck with your appointment tomorrow, let us know how you get on!

Take care everyone!

Lots of love

Emmak

1 - 20 of 3310 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.