Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I haven't posted for a while, we recently had our follow up consultation after our 4th ICSI failed in July, and have decided to try one last time in the next few months.

Just wondered if any others are on their 5th fresh try out there (we have never had any frosties and only scrape 2 embies each time).  Or any advise to try - my consultant suggested more tests, but as this is our last try before looking to adoption we are a little wary of more tests at this stage since we are sure this will be the very last time.  Also I don't think we could cope with more bad news!
Love
Amanda x

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Amanda

At the end of the day it is up to you and how you and your partner feel.  But for us it was good to have as many tests as possible because if they do find something then there are so many things that they can do these days to sort the problem out that we would rather find out than waste our money on another IVF go.  I know that it is hard going through tests and more tests but if they can find something than maybe it will be the answer you are looking for and why the ICSI hasn't been successful so far.  If this is your last go perhaps you would want to make sure that you give it every possible chance and it may be something really small that hasn't been tested before that may make it work this time.  However,  at the end of the day fertility is such an emotional drain I can totally understand your concerns and you guys know what is best for you.  Good Luck with everything.

Michelle

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Nigama

I'm very sorry to hear about your 5-ves. It's very hard to know what to do next and when it's the right time to stop.

Our next go will be number four but at the moment we are having a series of consultations to try and understand from a number of different viewpoints what is the best thing to do next.

We have spoken to our own clinic, who understand our particular circumstances very well (the way I respond to drugs etc) But we're also going to speak to a couple of US consultants, Dr Shethata and we have an appointment with Zita West's clinic.

For us, trying to understand why the ICSI isn't working, and trying to sort out those problems before we have another go, is the approach we're happiest with. But it's tough going emotionally because a lot of what I hear is just confirming the bad news, or pessimistic opinions. 

I find it difficult because alot of the diagnosis can tell you about your problems (like low sperm or poor quality eggs) but there doesn't seem to be much to actually sort out these problems.

Good luck with whatever you decide and wishing all the best for number six

x
Rosy 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts