Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

Not sure if anyone reading this section has cycled recently or is currently cycling with Shady Grove. We have recently selected our donor and I have been placed on Birth Control Pills, we have elected to do the 1:2 Shared risk program and wonder if there is anyone else out there that has recently done this or is currently going through this process and could advise of the approx timescales from now till ET.

I know it's going to be approx as I do not yet know what stage of cycle the other recipient is at or our joint donor, wanting to look at flights and accom for rough dates/costs am thinking/hoping for mid May but any feedback anyone could give would be helpful. Am I right in thinking that a long protocol IVF cycle is approx 6wks, it's been a while since my OE LPIVF's ^idiot^ & my memory is not what is used to be ;D

Regards & babydust to anyone reading ^fairydust^

MM
x

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
A friend of mine did this. She did a mock cycle in about September and ended up having a match and ET at Christmas.

In my experience of long protocol for my own treatment, I would DR from day 21, have my bleed a few days late - about 10 days later, then a scan day 6 or 7, followed by about 10 days of stims. trigger and then EC after 36 hours. ET would be on day 3 or 5 - probably day 5 in the case of donor eggs.

I have put some dates in my signature.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the delay in reply as I have been away on holiday and nly back yesterday  :)

MM
x

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Millymax,  just come across your post i have just got the dates for my new cycle for DE which is my first time down this root.. I am the same age as you 44 i have had 3 previous cycles from the age of 39 the last 2 i was a poor responder to drugs and just decided my eggs were too old now... the problem initially lay with my husband after having afailed vas reversal... so here i am now my doner is my niece who is more like my sister she 32 and we are often mistaken for each other so just thought it would be nice to keep in touch with some one with similar circumstances and going through it at the same time we start dregging on the 9th May egg collection 13th June.

So good luck to you i hope everything goes well for you.

BK XXX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts