Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I have time to share my birth experience with you. Ella is such a joy I can't prise myself away to type my story but she is fast asleep now.^baby^

As you will know I was feeling I was going to go into labour sooner rather than later and had been having contractions the previous week that weren't too regular. Well on Tuesday 28th Sept at 1.45am I had a contraction and was kneeling on my bedroom floor hanging over my bed thinking "this is a bit more painful" then when it finished I got another of what I call my poppy feelings and  felt water trickling down my leg, I just made it to the bathroom in time for my waters to come flooding out. Excitement and big smiles came over myself and DH as we knew this was the beginning.  ^jumpin^

Although I didn't have any more contractions I had to go to hospital due to the Group B strep as as soon as labour was to start I would have to have antibiotics. In hospital I was put on a monitor, baby was asleep to start with and although it did show that I had a few contractions roughly 5 mins apart they weren't painful at all and stopped again soon after. I was given my antibiotics then transferred up to the antenatal ward at approx. 5.30am to await the impending labour and my DH was sent home and was told to he would be phoned in good time of anything happening or for him to phone at 8am if he hadn't heard anything as if labour hadn't started by the morning they would probably start me off.

As soon as I got on the ward I started to get the odd contraction here or there but nothing painful but then all of a sudden at 7-7.30am 'ish' I started to get painful contractions lasting approx. 90 secs coming a minute apart. I called the midwife and told her and she sounded so shocked and said she would call the delivery room and get me moved back down. She also called my DH back who arrived back at 8am just in time for me to be having a painful contraction were I felt something coming out. I told my DH to get the midwife as something was there. She came and examined me and told us it was Matthew our little stillborn. I was 8cm dilated and they couldn't remove the placenta or Matthew until I was 10cm so she covered him up on the bed. :'( ^angel^

Around 8.30am 'ish' I was 10 cm and was told I could push. Baby Matthew had been taken away to the registrar. Following great encouragement from the midwives and my DH I was able to deliver Ella at 8.48am and considering she was 4 weeks early she came out screaming and didn't need any help at all. It was such a lovely feeling to see her lying there on the bed covered from head to toe in vernix  ^DizzyLove^ and squirming away. Part way through I had been able to reach down and feel her head when it was coming out, it was such a lovely feeling.

For pain relief I only had Entinox and the TENS machine I had hired. Personally I found this ample pain relief. Yes I still felt pain but kept focusing on what the outcome was to be. If I started to breathe the Entinox and pressed the booster on my TENS at the very start of a contraction then the pain was bearable and I felt in control and could breathe through the contractions but occasionally I thought a contraction was tailing off when it was actually the start of my next one and was late starting on the pain relief so I felt more pain and lost control of my breathing a bit and had to be reminded by my wonderful DH to breathe. I thought the 1st stage of labour (the contractions) was more painful than the actual delivery even though I wasn't even using the Entinox during the delivery. I think it's because you have something to focus on and adrenalin must take over to get your baby out.

To see your child, your little creation lying there and discovering the sex was just the best feeling in the world and well worth any pain  ^bundle^
My DH cut the cord and released our princess into the world. She was plaed on my chest and we had lots of kisses and cuddles as a family then DH held her whilst I delivered the placenta and was checked over. I had a little tear requiring 4 stitches and a couple of abrasions and was walking like John Wayne for a few days as I was swollen down below but it was all worthwhile  ^Heart^

--------------------------------------

On a sadder note we had the funeral for Matthew on Tuesday 12th Oct. It was arranged by the hospital for us and was a lovely service. When the car arrived at our home we brought the casket in for a few minutes whilst the flowers were placed in the car. I was pleased with this as I felt that Matthew had at least come home for a short while. DH carried the casket and we took Ella along too, she even managed to give Mummy & Daddy a little giggle by blowing a huge raspberry mid service :) We played a lovely version of the song 'I can sing a Rainbow' as we entered the crematorium and again before we left. We were lucky enough to have some ashes to collect so we have been to get those this morning and had them buried in the Baby Garden at our local cemetary so Matthew will have lots of little friends to play with. His name will be engraved on the headstone along with all the other little lost angels too. May our little son rest in peace.  ^angel^

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lovely Dell!!!!

Have happy tears in my eyes....really beautiful and you are very lucky to have a quick labour like that - well done you!!!

loads of love and best wishes
maxbabe
xxx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi

Awwwww, Dell i'm bubbling away here :'( :'(

What a great mum you are.  :)

How brave of you to go through little Mathews funeral. :'(
^angel^

I hope to be joining you in Mummy land soon.  :)

Love to little Ella

Shazzy
xx

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Hi Dell , it was lovely to read your birth story as it has been written with so much love. I definitley have a few tears in my eyes too.
I know you probably don't feel it , but you sound so brave to me with all that you have been through, Mathew and Ella
are very lucky to have such a wonderful mummy and Daddy.

Lots of love CJ xx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Dell, thank you for sharing your birth story, incredibly emotional the arrival of Matthew and Ella.

May Matthew rest in peace, his service and home arrival sound lovely.

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hi Dell

Aw what a beautiful and moving 'birth story' I was  :'( but happy tears!!

When I read such wonderful stories it takes away my nerves for my own litte bundle of joys entrance to the world! So for that I would just like to say 'Thank you!'  :-*

Little Ella sounds wonderful, please give her a huge kiss from me!

I hope the service for little Matthew helped you with losing him, he will be with you forever!! RIP little angel!

With much ^Heart^

Shezza

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Dell,
Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. You have made me happy and sad at the same time :)  :'( ...but your joy at becoming a mum is clear!
Hun xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ohh Dell

Your post is beautifull and moving and so full of love for your family, thank you for sharing it with us.

All my love
Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Dear Dell

What a beautiful and moving birth story.  Thank you so very much for sharing it.

Lots of love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Dell

What a lovely moving post.

May Matthew rest in peace ^angel^ and may Ella be your little ray of sunshine.

Love
Karen x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Dell

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I hope Ella brings you heaps of joy and happiness

May Matthew rest in peace.

Lots of love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Dell

Very moving post.

Rest in peace Matthew  ^angel^

Welcome Ella - I'm sure this very special little girl will bring you lots of joy and happiness.

Thank you for sharing your birth story.

Terri xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts