Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I wonder if you could give me your opinion on something, please.

I am 16 wk pregnant with twins :) and have just lost a filling and some bits of the tooth that were around it :( . I'm going to have to go to the dentist to see what they can do but I am concerned that any drugs (anaesthetic or other) that they might use might pose a risk to my pregnancy.

Do you know if any dental anaesthetics or other drugs they might use are likely to be safe or unsafe for my pregnancy? I would rather loose the tooth than risk the pregnancy!

Many thanks

Vixxx

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Hi Vixxx.

Dental treatment during pregnancy is fine :) Go and see them asap as leaving it is not an option in case infection/abcess sets in. Any anaesthetic needed would be local administration which is not shown to increase risk to either mother or baby. The penicillin based antibiotic amoxicillin is often used for dental infections and again these are fine to take if necessary. They do usually avoid giving Xrays in pregnancy and will only use drugs if necessary.

Hoe you can get it sorted soon  ^reiki^
Maz x

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Maz

Thanks a lot for your reply, you have put my mind at rest.  I had been ignoring it hoping it might not turn into anything (!) but it has started to hurt so I will try and get an appointment tomorrow. 

Thanks again  :) .

Vixxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts