Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if you could help me: I am not sure if it is OK to get a dentist's x-ray during pregnancy. I am 10 weeks pregnant and the dentist said it's OK, but I am not so sure. Could anyone help?

Thanks
Renata

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Renata, last time i went to the dentist i had to have xrays and he didn't want to do them if i was pregnant, i wasn't but he was very cautious,
i wouldn't if you have the choice.
good luck

char xx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi renata
I was told not to do any dental x-rays, as you might damage little developing embryo and after all you have gone though to get it there I really would not take the risk!!!
Hope that helped,
Choccolatta

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
HI similar topic

I am booked in for a root canal soon and this will be over the time i will be on 2ww - as i have to have an injection is this ok and will it do any harm??

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had to have my wisdom tooth removed urgently when I was six weeks pregnant.  The consultant would not do an x-ray as it was the first trimester.  He would, however, be willing to do one in the second trimester if it turns out I need my other wisdom tooth removed before I reach term.

Hope that helps

Angela

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi renata
If you don't need to have them don't  :), I have worked in dentistry for over 20 years, and to be honest I don't really think there has been a time when x-rays were needed from a pregnant lady :)

We normally wait until the baby has been born  :).

Saying that, we do have a lead apron that the patient wears if they are needed through pregnancy, so maybe if they really are needed they could have one of these for you to wear.

Also just a little info :), all the info on dental x-rays say they are as safe as having a day in Devon ;D ;D, not sure how they worked that one out :p
Hope this has been of some help

Love Jo
x x x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Alex
The injection is not a problem in pregnancy :)
Good luck in your 2ww :)

Love Jo
x x x

·
Registered
604 Posts
We don't perform dental x-rays whilst pg, but we do carry out fillings etc under local, the dentist I work with uses one without adrenaline in.
Good luck

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi being a dental nurse 2 thought I would put my twopence worth in, we have never taken x-rays on pregnant woman wherever I have worked preferrring to wait until baby is born,  with regards to injections with regards to what I was taught at the Royal London and what many dentists practice is not to give an injection containing Octapressin (non adrenaline) in the later stages of pregnancy, there are I have to point out 2 types of non adrenaline local, although in fairness the adrenalin should not be a problem to a pregnant woman its just the way it gets your heart pumping can be unsettling to some.
Sweetie (mel) xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Thanks guys, thats put my mind at rest!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts